Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 07:01 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times

Advertisements

Let's roll with another edition of . . .

Today's Question(s):
Do you remember anything about learning to ride a bike or have anything to share about your bike riding experiences?

Extra:
Can you think of anything you were tempted by that turned out not to be all that great anyway?

Foodie Question(s):
Ever put potato chips on a sandwich and if so did you like?

What's the most unusual thing you can remember trying on a sandwich?

Just to:
What's something you consider a waste of time?

Until next time keep your tires pumped and ding that bell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 08:43 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you remember anything about learning to ride a bike or have anything to share about your bike riding experiences?
I remember the second day of riding without training wheels, I ran into a parked car. lol
Extra:
Can you think of anything you were tempted by that turned out not to be all that great anyway? I can think of a bunch of them

Foodie Question(s):
Ever put potato chips on a sandwich and if so did you like? Love chips on a sandwich, mainly ham, with a little mayo to hold it in place. I like potato chips on my hamburgers too.

What's the most unusual thing you can remember trying on a sandwich? I used to think slaw on a bar b cue sandwich was unusual, but I love it.

Just to:
What's something you consider a waste of time? Political commercials...all parties

Old 05-11-2021, 09:20 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
I had plenty of bike wrecks lol.
Extra:
Can you think of anything you were tempted by that turned out not to be all that great anyway?
Beer
Foodie Question(s):
No
Nothing
Just to:

TV
Answers are above

Old 05-11-2021, 10:21 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
Today's Question(s):
Yes. My older brother taught me how to ride. He would act as "training wheels," sitting on the back fender, until I was ready for my first solo ride. I remember pedaling all the way down our (dead end) street, feeling really proud of myself. But when I reached the end of the street, there was a wall coming straight at me. I had no idea how to stop or what else to do. My brother had neglected to tell me how to use the brakes. I slammed right into the wall and fell off the bike and got scraped up. I came home crying.
Extra:
Caviar.
Foodie Question(s):
Yes! I especially like chips on a tuna salad sandwich.
Peanut butter and sweet pickles. Sounds awful, but it's actually kind of good.
Just to:
Most network TV series.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 05-12-2021, 12:55 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:

Today's Question(s):
I do....I was so excited, yet scared, but it turned out okay.
I might have had a few skinned knees the first few days though.

Extra:
A lot of things actually.
Foodie Question(s):
I remember doing that as a kid, and I loved it!

You kind of got me wanting to go out and get some chips and try it again.

My husband likes peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches...I though that was a little unusual.
Just to:
TV Commercials, Most of Broadcast Television...except for two or three exceptions.

(I do like netflix, hulu, HBO etc though.)

Old 05-12-2021, 01:30 AM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you remember anything about learning to ride a bike or have anything to share about your bike riding experiences? I had a good sense of balance and after a few hours of wobbling around it became natural. My biggest problem was always getting my pant leg caught in the chain. Later discovered using a large rubber band around the pant leg kept it clear of the chain.

Extra:
Can you think of anything you were tempted by that turned out not to be all that great anyway? Riding a bull without a saddle.

Foodie Question(s):
Ever put potato chips on a sandwich and if so did you like? Once on a PB&J sandwich. Too salty so never again. I like potato chips on the side with most sandwiches.

What's the most unusual thing you can remember trying on a sandwich? Tried a banana on a PB&J sandwich just one time only.

Just to:
What's something you consider a waste of time? Procrastinating.

Thanks for the Q's bj, and that ain't no bull...

Old 05-12-2021, 03:47 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Today's Question(s):
I remember the used red bike with hard tires (holes didn't deflate them). That's about it.

Extra:
marriage

Foodie Question(s):
No unless a burger counts.

What's the most unusual thing you can remember trying on a sandwich? I'm not food adventurous.

Just to:
Chit chat at a party or walking for the sake of walking as opposed to walking to some pre-planned destination to do something, which is not a waste of time.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:29 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Quote:

Today's Question(s):
Do you remember anything about learning to ride a bike or have anything to share about your bike riding experiences? I always had good balance and learning how to ride a bike seemed quite easy for me.

Extra:
Can you think of anything you were tempted by that turned out not to be all that great anyway? Lobster dish and a few other shellfish dishes

Foodie Question(s):
Ever put potato chips on a sandwich and if so did you like? Never did

What's the most unusual thing you can remember trying on a sandwich? I like peanut butter sandwich with dill pickles

Just to:
What's something you consider a waste of time? Watching TV these days

THANK YOU bjh

Old 05-12-2021, 05:50 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times

Today's Question(s):

Do you remember anything about learning to ride a bike or have anything to share about your bike riding experiences? All I remember is getting a new blue Columbia bike that was just a bit big for me to handle. I bumped into one of the huge trees that used to line my street.

Extra:
Can you think of anything you were tempted by that turned out not to be all that great anyway? I tried escargot once. They weren’t good enough to overcome the ick factor.

Foodie Question(s):
Ever put potato chips on a sandwich and if so did you like? No, but it sounds good.

What's the most unusual thing you can remember trying on a sandwich? Vegamite

Just to:
What's something you consider a waste of time? Watching the news.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:18 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times

Today's Question(s):
Do you remember anything about learning to ride a bike or have anything to share about your bike riding experiences? my first big girl bike was when I was five. I got it for Christmas. It was a blue Schwin. It was too big for me so my dad put blocks on the pedals so my feet could reach. The first day of spring I rode the bike for the first time and when I made the turn at the end of our street the bike slid on gravel from a driveway and I fell face first into the rode and had gravel pock marks on my face. I was so embarrassed to go to school looking like that. This was the only bike I ever owned as a kid. They made things to last back then!

Extra:
Can you think of anything you were tempted by that turned out not to be all that great anyway? Certain foods.

Foodie Question(s):
Ever put potato chips on a sandwich and if so did you like? No

Just to:
What's something you consider a waste of time? Commercials

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics