Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 08:49 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
The other day I tried to wash my face with sunscreen.
With all the tubes lying around on my bathroom counter, it was inevitable it was going to happen one day, when going to brush my teeth. Need I say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 08:55 PM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
With all the tubes lying around on my bathroom counter, it was inevitable it was going to happen one day, when going to brush my teeth. Need I say?
I've done that, too.

Old 02-25-2022, 10:34 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times
I hope no one keeps Preparation H on their bathroom counter.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I hope no one keeps Preparation H on their bathroom counter.
How about Cortizone 10, it comes out white just like my Sensodyne toothpaste!

Old 02-26-2022, 03:28 AM

11,460 posts, read 5,995,398 times
It was the fall of 1997, when I rode my BMW motorcycle on Interstate 80 from San Francisco to Washington DC to begin a 2 month tour of the USA.

The sun had set behind me as I approached the Great Lake near Salt Lake City Utah.

As night fell, the saline roadside took on a dark, dim, spectral cast. It looked like an eerie moonscape, but dark and forboding. Sinister. Evil. Even the tail lights on the cars ahead were muted and dim. Street lights and buildings emitted a ghostly glow as if some supernatural thing was sucking the life force out of the very world surrounding me.

I pulled into a truck stop for gas and removed my full face helmet, only to discover I had been riding in the dark with my sunglasses still on. D'oh!

Old 02-26-2022, 07:17 AM

I sat down to write checks for some of my monthly bills a couple years ago. Instead of dating the checks 4/5, I innocently wrote down 5/4 instead.

Well, well, well, you can well imagine! They all thought I was post-dating my checks because I didn't have enough $$ in the bank. Lots of late fees I had to pay!

Don't know if that was stupidity or an innocent mistake!

Old 02-26-2022, 09:58 AM

1,846 posts, read 832,803 times
Quote:
Did this with hand soap. Unfortunately it didn't taste like vanilla beam.

Old 02-26-2022, 07:16 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
It was the fall of 1997, when I rode my BMW motorcycle on Interstate 80 from San Francisco to Washington DC to begin a 2 month tour of the USA.

The sun had set behind me as I approached the Great Lake near Salt Lake City Utah.

As night fell, the saline roadside took on a dark, dim, spectral cast. It looked like an eerie moonscape, but dark and forboding. Sinister. Evil. Even the tail lights on the cars ahead were muted and dim. Street lights and buildings emitted a ghostly glow as if some supernatural thing was sucking the life force out of the very world surrounding me.

I pulled into a truck stop for gas and removed my full face helmet, only to discover I had been riding in the dark with my sunglasses still on. D'oh!
I knew someone who walked in to work and a co-worker told her she had one lens missing from her sunglasses. She had thought things looked a bit off.

Old 02-26-2022, 08:23 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
I sat down to write checks for some of my monthly bills a couple years ago. Instead of dating the checks 4/5, I innocently wrote down 5/4 instead.

Well, well, well, you can well imagine! They all thought I was post-dating my checks because I didn't have enough $$ in the bank. Lots of late fees I had to pay!

Don't know if that was stupidity or an innocent mistake!
I remember seeing an episode of Roseanne where she "forgets" to sign a check for a utility or something so she can eke out some more time to pay and stretch their money. I had never heard of that and thought it was actually kind of clever.

Recently I paid a bill and put one amount in the "numerals" part but then I messed up in the spelled-out part of the amount. So of course they went by the spelled-out part and it was just a fraction of what was owed. I wondered if they thought I was trying to pull a "Roseanne."

Old 02-26-2022, 08:25 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
About a million yrs ago I was working on a project working around electricity. It was live. I removed a wire to perform a test. I went to reterminate the wire and I touched it to a higher voltage power source.

Needless to say I blew up a controls panel. The current spike was so large it blew past any fusing, destroyed about a thousand dollars worth of equipment, back when 1k was a bit more money.

I never made that mistake again because the stupid part was that I was troubleshooting in a dumb lazy way.

I earned the nickname "Smokey the Tech" for a while.

Learned a costly lesson on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics