U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:36 AM

54,086 posts, read 32,497,861 times

Advertisements

I hope all of you can take a few moments on this Memorial Day weekend, and remember those, who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedoms. They deserve to be remembered 365 days a year, not just on the third weekend in May of every year.

I also encourage everyone to pray for our young men and women, who are currently serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, so that God will shield them from any harm they face everyday in doing their duty, and I hope the various factions that are causing the conflict in Iraq, can come to a peaceful solution so our troops can come home.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 07:46 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,444,769 times
Thank you, Mike. You can come out of your room now.

There's a fellow living in an RV nearby and he has a sign out in front of it that says "Pray for our soldiers. My son is in Iraq."

I say a little prayer every time I go by there. May they come back safely and soon.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:15 AM

28,227 posts, read 20,999,350 times
Thank you Mike for a great post.

My best friend's son is going back for his 3rd tour and is always in our prayers as they all are.

I was a "left at home Military wife" for most of our early marriage (10 yrs.) so please think of the families also. They just serve in a different capacity.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:21 AM

13,640 posts, read 23,469,742 times
Thanks Mike..You know, I almost made a thread this morning, but something told me to wait on Mike.

My prayers are with all the men and women that are currently around the world serving to maintain our freedom and the freedom of others..I pray for the families and loved ones who have lost someone because of their service to this country that we take for granted will always meet our needs...

Old 05-23-2008, 08:39 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,374,848 times
Thanks Mike for the post. Remember our fallen soilders and pray for our troops and their families that are now serving our great country!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:51 AM

8,000 posts, read 18,025,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I hope all of you can take a few moments on this Memorial Day weekend, and remember those, who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedoms. They deserve to be remembered 365 days a year, not just on the third weekend in May of every year.

I also encourage everyone to pray for our young men and women, who are currently serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, so that God will shield them from any harm they face everyday in doing their duty, and I hope the various factions that are causing the conflict in Iraq, can come to a peaceful solution so our troops can come home.

Thanks for posting Mike

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 05-23-2008, 09:00 AM

9,480 posts, read 11,664,581 times
Thanks for a great post, Mike.

My best friend's son came home from Iraq, thankfully. Unfortunately one of his buddy's did not. I don't remember the boy's last name, but his first name was Sherwood. We'll be remembering and honoring Sherwood this Memorial Day, as well as my father in law, both mine and my husband's grandfathers, and an elderly neighbor that died 2 years ago, Edward "Jake" LaBarr. Have a great week end, all. Prayers be to you, also.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:17 AM

9,480 posts, read 11,664,581 times

Old 05-23-2008, 09:50 AM

26,480 posts, read 26,250,379 times
Quote:

Of course we can remember. My son's friend was killed in battle right there in Iraq, practically right in front of him. They've known each other since high school. He was killed in crossfire. This is the actual purple heart that was sent to the kid's family.

Last edited by country pride; 11-03-2008 at 08:21 PM..

Old 05-23-2008, 09:54 AM

61,281 posts, read 83,354,642 times
Quote:

beautiful mike just beautiful. special prayer and good wishes for powersurge's son who is serving now. my nephew just completed service and is going to school with his GI bill thank you US military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics