U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:27 AM

4,739 posts, read 7,412,067 times

Advertisements

I do and have seen so much of it. I have had so many friends say....why do you put up with this or that from those that have wronged you. I say because their life sucks and I know that in the end they get whats coming to them without my intervention.

I rent a property from a slumlord to help someone, just something I did for a person I believe in. Anyway when I rented it I asked if he was going to fix some broken glass and the AC and he promised he would. This was several years ago and he never took care of anything so I did. I have since found out that what he does is buys properties and does nothing to them, rents them out until they are falling down then resells them. He also owns the land the courthouse sets on and leases it to the city for $1.00 a year. Now I know how he gets away with it. Anyway the person I was helping is doing much better now so I called the landlord to let him know I no longer needed the unit and it would be vacated by the end of the month. He was crying when I called and I said we could do this another time. He said his brother died and that he was the only friend he had in the world so nothing I could say would have any bearing on what was going on in his life at this point. Anyway how sad, takers always end up alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 12:25 PM

12,941 posts, read 18,883,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
He said his brother died and that he was the only friend he had in the world so nothing I could say would have any bearing on what was going on in his life at this point.
I'm a bit confused here - you're equating karmic retribution with his brother's death?

Quote:
Anyway how sad, takers always end up alone.
Somehow, I suspect that the Rockefellers have always had company up to the very end...if not willing and loyal, at least paid for.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:46 PM

4,739 posts, read 7,412,067 times
I was trying to make the story short, his brother was walking around with untreated Pnumonia because I guess the cheap gene ran in the family and he died because of it. Am I sad because of it, not really, he never lived to begin with. People get out of life what they put into it.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:06 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,379,799 times
"Mind ye the law of three, what ye sends out comes back to ye, in powers times three"

Basically said: what ever you do, comes back to you three times as good, or three times as bad....send out something good, get some good three times over, send out bad, its going to bite you, three times over.....

And I've seen it happen more times than I care to count.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:17 PM

1,525 posts, read 1,374,409 times
I definitely believe in kharma and what goes around, comes around. I had a friend was always critical of my daughter's behavior when she was around 5 or 6, saying when she had kids, she would never let them do this, say this, act like this, etc, (all of which were very typical things that kids do). She now has a kid who is bad as h*ll - does things that are way worse than what my daughter did. I laugh now because she's going through it and seeing how it feels.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:21 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,088,545 times
I have always believed in Karma or devine justice whatever you want to call it. You can't keep putting out nothing but negatives and keep getting positive back, it makes no sense.

I have seen lots of proof that it works this way. Its happening that way in my own family. I have to say that I am enjoying seeing it coming back around to slap my brother in the a$$ so hard.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:35 PM

51,102 posts, read 29,187,413 times
It's unfortunate that the landlord's brother passed away from untreated pnemonia, but personally, I don't think it happened because of the problems you had with the landlord. Usually, things like that will come back and bite them in the same way they did on to others, like problems with their own homes.

I believe what goes around comes around in one way or another, if you do a wrong to somebody, it might come back to you sometime during the rest of your life, but if it doesn't, there's one thing for sure, you'll have to answer to it on the day you stand infront God for judgement.

If somebody does a wrong to me, I don't do a thing, I just let it go, I won't bother wasting my time getting even with that person, I know nature will take of things, and I do exactly what Jesus told us, I pray that they are forgiven for what they've done, and I hope they can repent of their wrong-doings, and they don't do the same wrong to others. I think of what Jesus did when nails were being pounded through his hands and feet on the cross, and he pleaded "Father forgive them, they know not what they do!".

Thankfully, I've only had one instance where somebody had done me a very serious wrong 14 years ago, and I've forgiven her, and we remained friends, but unfortunately, she passed away because of cancer in 2003.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 06-10-2008 at 01:47 PM..

Old 06-10-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I was trying to make the story short, his brother was walking around with untreated Pnumonia because I guess the cheap gene ran in the family and he died because of it.
Ah, OK - for me, anyway, that's the crux of the story - thanks!

Old 06-10-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have seen lots of proof that it works this way. Its happening that way in my own family. I have to say that I am enjoying seeing it coming back around to slap my brother in the a$$ so hard.
So does this mean that if you should fall upon hard times, karma will dictate that others will enjoy seeing it happen to you?

Old 06-10-2008, 02:06 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,088,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
So does this mean that if you should fall upon hard times, karma will dictate that others will enjoy seeing it happen to you?
NO, because I don't treat people the way my brother has, he has stolen, bullied and harmed people along the way to the point where even his own son has abandoned him. He did this too himself.

I on the other hand would never even think about treating people the way he has.

There are a few of us inline to observe the karma slap where my brother is concerned. If you want to learn more about what I am talking about, I started a thread in the relationship area about writing a will, that will give you a better idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or