U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:31 AM

13,184 posts, read 12,230,696 times

Advertisements

I t is getting harder for me to imagine Yankee Stadium getting torn down after the season is over, even if the newer stadium is close to ready. Was a big Mantle, Maris, Ford, DiMaggio fan as a kid. I always wanted to go to Yankee Stadium just one time in my life. Not as big a baseball fan as I used to be. Sandy Koufax of the Dodgers said it best; "In my day, all we cared about was the game." So that would be the place I would like to go , for one day anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 10:38 AM

8,525 posts, read 8,201,599 times
If you remember the TV show "Bewitched" and you could blink your eyes and pop into a place, where would you "pop"?

SoHo (New York)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday
and again I find myself in a rush, have to be somewhere at 10 and here it is 9:15
Now that in our fantasy CD world, our houses are clean and our lawns are mowed from yesterdays ?
I thought it would be fun to see how you would answer

Todays Question:

If you remember the TV show "Bewitched" and you could blink your eyes and pop into a place, where would you "pop"

Today in history:
June 11, 1905 Penns Railroad debuts fastest train in world (NY-Chicago in 18 hrs) - ok you know I had to check to see how long it now takes
rofl 103 years later it takes 18hr 45mn heres the actual schedule
departs - 49 Lake Shore Limited New York, NY- Penn Station4:00 pm
11-JUN-08
arrives - Chicago, IL Union Station 9:45 am 12-JUN-08 18h 45m
BTW it takes 20 hrs 40 mn for the return trip

June 11, 1982 Movie "ET the Extra-Terrestrial" released

and from the strange songs in history list :

June 11, 1977 "Ain't Gonna Bump No More (With No Fat Woman)" by Joe Tex hits #12
June 11, 1977 "Dance and Shake Your Tambourine" by Universal Robot Band peaks at #93

Word of the day:
imbroglio \im-BROHL-yoh\, noun:
1. A complicated and embarrassing state of things.
2. A confused or complicated disagreement or misunderstanding.
3. A confused mass; a tangle.

Today is:
National German Chocolate Cake Day
and
National Hug Holiday

Old 06-11-2008, 11:29 AM

42,952 posts, read 19,880,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
If you remember the TV show "Bewitched" and you could blink your eyes and pop into a place, where would you "pop"?

I'd pop back in time to the set of Bewitched and blink Dick Sargeant back into Dick York. He was a much better Darren!

Here are hugs for EVERYONE who answers the Karla Question of the Day!!

Charley
Dick Sargeant and Dick York... I guess they used a couple of Dicks on that show! .. Can I say that?

<Imitating Larry the Cable Guy> That aint right... Lord, I apologize!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
MMIke,,, can you pop yourself back out of your room?
I think I'm gonna get "Popped" allright, possibly out of City Data, for that last message I posted!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:39 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,338,959 times
Now, that's funny. I don't care who you are...that's funny.

I'd like to pop myself into the co-polite's seat of that jet that MMike is piloting and pick up all our CD friends and take them to a fun destination like Disneyworld or anywhere else the crowd would like to go.

LOVE G. Choc. Cake. I have the stuff to make one in the cupboard, but we have to eat up the strawberry shortcake first.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:49 AM

2,367 posts, read 3,590,547 times
Quote:
Todays Question:

If you remember the TV show "Bewitched" and you could blink your eyes and pop into a place, where would you "pop"

Probably somewhere warm and with a beach.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Now, that's funny. I don't care who you are...that's funny.

I'd like to pop myself into the co-polite's seat of that jet that MMike is piloting and pick up all our CD friends and take them to a fun destination like Disneyworld or anywhere else the crowd would like to go.

LOVE G. Choc. Cake. I have the stuff to make one in the cupboard, but we have to eat up the strawberry shortcake first.
LOL... Co-Polite? Why thank you NMS, but I'm not sure if that pilot you're sitting with is "Polite"

Also, the weather radar tells me we're gonna encouter some very heavy turbulance, so the flight will FEEL like a ride at Disneyland!

NMS, if you can also "Pop in" Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, Ron White, and Bill Engvall, on the flight, that would be great too! I like those guys.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:00 PM

20,503 posts, read 6,151,947 times
I think I would have to twitch my nose and get myself to Vegas to twitch again on a winning machine.................
So many good choices to twitch to.........................
Maybe twitch myself to my mortgage company and twitch away the paperwork in my favor.......Then to City Hall to twitch away property taxes and water bills... I won't be greedy, I'll twitch for all of us!

Old 06-11-2008, 12:02 PM

9,255 posts, read 7,886,745 times
I would like to pop myself to everywhere, because you don't have to buy gas to "pop" yourself anywhere.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
I would like to pop myself to everywhere, because you don't have to buy gas to "pop" yourself anywhere.
LOL.. now that's an answer I love!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics