Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I think you are getting carried away with your examples here. The article says nothing about a tanker truck, or a fire, the guy was killed instantly when he hit the truck and was thrown under the cab. Not likely a motorcycle would make a tanker explode
But let's go with your example. Of course it murder, it's called mercy killing, ask Jack Kevorkian if that's legal..!
Let's say you were a little late, and he was already dead by the time you picked up your machine gun, and you didn't kill him, you just put a few holes in him. Then you would be guilty of mutilating a corpse. You lose either way, so best to come up with another idea....
I was going by word of a friend of the area and due to road blockage information they gave me was still sketchy and there was no update on the web at that time and I am about an hour from this accident and under different news programming. But the situation of him catching fire, his motorcyle catching fire, the truck catching fire does not change anything about my question in wondering how people would respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
A little more informative article...

Motorcycle rider killed in accident with tractor-trailer - The Lexington Dispatch (http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20080611/NEWS/214453259/1005/news - broken link)

(the guy did burn to death)

SunnyK, I don't know what I would have done...
Your awesome for posting that updated article. I dont what I would do either I dont travel with a gun or fire extinguisher and by that article and word of mouth it sounded to bad to even try to rescue them.
I hope I never hear someone hollaring from a painful death like that.
I dont even pass slow moving cars anymore unless it a farm tractor due to the possible risks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
SunnyK, are you by any chance related to John1960? That is one weird topic, even by my standards.

No. I would not shoot him. Pee on him maybe, but definitely not shoot him. Oh wait. Then I would be thrown in jail for Indecent Exposure,... or would it be assault with a dead weapon.
No relation to John this was just something I thought about after getting a phone call about this wondering how I would react if I witness this tragedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 12:44 PM

27,335 posts, read 27,385,151 times
Wow what the heck kind of question is that? Im one who would walk through fire to try and save a life. It may sound stupid to some, but its a part of humanity, and people sacrifice their lives every day to save another.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:55 PM

201 posts, read 655,924 times
What ever happened to stop, drop, and roll? You can't stop, drop and play dead! that results in death! ... In chem class in high school they said that you were supposed to throw yourself (hopefully with blanket) onto the person on fire and "stop drop and roll"...I wonder if they still teach that?

Old 06-12-2008, 02:12 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,854,424 times
Quote:
If you see someone fully in gulf in flames would you shoot them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Wow what the heck kind of question is that? Im one who would walk through fire to try and save a life. It may sound stupid to some, but its a part of humanity, and people sacrifice their lives every day to save another.
That's what I've been asking also Livewire, "in Gulf" ? Which gulf, the Gulf of Mexico, the Persian Gulf, a Gulf Course?

Unless of course you mean "engulfed in flames".

Seriously, I'm also that way, as I mentioned in my previous post, I would do everything that I can to rescue anyone who's in trouble.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenplover View Post
What ever happened to stop, drop, and roll? You can't stop, drop and play dead! that results in death! ... In chem class in high school they said that you were supposed to throw yourself (hopefully with blanket) onto the person on fire and "stop drop and roll"...I wonder if they still teach that?

I doubt many people will just happen to have blanket in their car on a summer day of 97 degrees.

I think this person may have not experience any pain due to shock can you feel pain once you go into shock?

The wreck alone if severe enough and head trauma probably put this person in shock.. who knows

Old 06-13-2008, 08:22 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,262,165 times
Default Reminds me of a man named Mickey Robinson...

No. Besides the fact it's murder, you just never know what the Lord can do with someone's life. There is this preacher that comes and speaks at our church occasionally named Mickey Robinson. He's a little hard to look at. Part of his face is scarred terribly from burns and his arm as well. The other side of his face is very handsome. Anyway, when he was about 21, he was burned terribly in a plane crash. I'm sure no one thought at the time that he could survive. While in the hospital, he had a very dramatic encounter with God and changed the course of his life. He has a very interesting story and has a book about it, actually.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:31 AM

27,335 posts, read 27,385,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
That's what I've been asking also Livewire, "in Gulf" ? Which gulf, the Gulf of Mexico, the Persian Gulf, a Gulf Course?

Unless of course you mean "engulfed in flames".

Seriously, I'm also that way, as I mentioned in my previous post, I would do everything that I can to rescue anyone who's in trouble.
Back to your room!

Old 06-13-2008, 10:15 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,344,365 times
I've shot people for a lot less I would rather be shot and killed than burn to death.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:26 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,529,778 times
Is it ok to admit to being torn between thinking these responses are horrible and thinking they are pretty darn funny???

Old 06-13-2008, 02:54 PM

201 posts, read 655,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I doubt many people will just happen to have blanket in their car on a summer day of 97 degrees.

I think this person may have not experience any pain due to shock can you feel pain once you go into shock?

The wreck alone if severe enough and head trauma probably put this person in shock.. who knows
hmm...this is true- the ONLY reason we have one in ours is because we are in the mountains quite a bit and it's in our "rescue" kit- to prevent hypothermia... I think you're right about him going into shock though. That would make quite a bit of sense. Reps to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics