U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-13-2008, 10:50 AM

40,742 posts, read 17,934,669 times
Speaking of belching, when I was 19, I worked for a large grocery chain here in Phoenix, and one of the clerks I worked with was notorious for his loud belches. I mean this guy can definitely qualify to enter a belching contest, and win, not only for his loud belches, but for sustaining them for a few seconds!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-13-2008, 10:55 AM

1,463 posts, read 2,159,600 times
My son, the artistic child, was in the car with a bunch of the wresting guys from the high school team. He was about 16 at the time. He asked me to explain the difference between identical and fraternal twins was. He then turned to his friends and said, "oh Lindsay and I are fraternal twins" I was soooo shocked to hear him say that. I heard his sister said, "Jason, maybe 21 minutes but not 21 months apart!!!" He seemed confused. When I asked him why he thought that. Of course I had to pull over because I had tears from laughing so hard. He said he thought I had told him that one time. When he was little he was tiny for his age...off the chart on the bottom. Lindsay was big for her age and when they were about three and four they were the same size. So we bought them matching PJ's and matching sailor suits (big in the 70's) and we called it "dressing twinzy's"...I guess we never thought he would conclude from that, that he was a twin. He will never live that down!!!

Unread 06-13-2008, 02:58 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,598,069 times
I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

Unread 06-13-2008, 03:50 PM

2,640 posts, read 4,237,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilssson View Post
I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
Fair play.

Unread 06-14-2008, 01:39 PM

19,250 posts, read 15,290,013 times
Well Im not sure this answer will fit into this category but here goes.
My job has us all scheduled with some pretty crazy hours. Though none of us are full time, we all have to work different shifts. Period. Even the managers do.
But...heres one for ya. My work schedule is posted on our fridge in the kitchen. We're getting ready to go somewhere today, and I happen to glance at it. Crap!! I was supposed to be at work at 10 this morning (its already 10:40)! So....run upstairs, change into my workboots and make a flying dash for work. Get there, only to learn that I dont have to be in till 3...the schedule on the fridge at home was next week's hours! Duh. Not only are our days wierd, but our 'beginning of week' starts on Saturdays, not on Mondays like other jobs. Heck these days, who knows what day of the week it is.
Anyway, at least my truck got washed and now I can watch a movie (or surf the cd board, lol) till its time to go this afternoon. The family went on ahead to the event, no big deal, but I wont be living this day down for awhile, lol.

Unread 06-14-2008, 03:56 PM

40,742 posts, read 17,934,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Well Im not sure this answer will fit into this category but here goes.
My job has us all scheduled with some pretty crazy hours. Though none of us are full time, we all have to work different shifts. Period. Even the managers do.
But...heres one for ya. My work schedule is posted on our fridge in the kitchen. We're getting ready to go somewhere today, and I happen to glance at it. Crap!! I was supposed to be at work at 10 this morning (its already 10:40)! So....run upstairs, change into my workboots and make a flying dash for work. Get there, only to learn that I dont have to be in till 3...the schedule on the fridge at home was next week's hours! Duh. Not only are our days wierd, but our 'beginning of week' starts on Saturdays, not on Mondays like other jobs. Heck these days, who knows what day of the week it is.
Anyway, at least my truck got washed and now I can watch a movie (or surf the cd board, lol) till its time to go this afternoon. The family went on ahead to the event, no big deal, but I wont be living this day down for awhile, lol.
I hate it when that happens!

Unread 06-14-2008, 04:58 PM

1,198 posts, read 275,195 times
The one thing I can't live down is my father came down here, to Arizona, and left me with my mother when I was in high school (her and I didn't get along too good back then). He only came back for holidays and my birthday (for 2 years).

He came down here to find a better place to live and go gold panning up in Quarzite. I wanted to go with him and go to high school here, but he said no and that I was getting to close to finishing (I was a junior; 11th grade, at the time).

My mother and I had many arguments while he was gone and I had ran away a few times too, but I still went to school and did good (I graduated 35th in my class of 120).

I just can't seem to live that one down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics