Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:06 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times

Advertisements

I forgot to mention that we rented a jet ski in 2002 when we went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 09:25 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
I've ridden on all but the jet ski. No interest. Scared of deep water, so it's out for me.

I can't think of anything weird I've ridden.

Nat'l lobster day. I'd love to accommodate, but I just had some for our anniversary on TUesday. Sorry, Karla.

Happy FD to all you dads out there.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:28 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post

[b]Have you ever driven or ridden on any of the following ?

Snowmobile
Jet Ski
Motorcycle
Riding lawnmower

Bonus question :
If not which would you like to try ?
My husband rides a motorcycle and I ride with him from time to time, just as a passenger.

[cranky old lady hat on]
I find snowmobiles and jet skis *obnoxious* in the extreme and have no desire to ride (or listen to) them.
[cranky old lady hat off]

I am noncommittal about riding lawnmowers. I don't really have the desire to have a lawn that requires such a mower.

I've ridden on tractors and fire engines before. I think that's about it for me and unusual vehicles.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:29 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
Motorcycle -- only one time! As a teen-ager with my best friend's brother. Actually, I wasn't supposed to because that was "forbidden" by my mom!

Old 06-15-2008, 10:24 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,062 times
For many years, we owned a construction company. Helped build this lake, other homes, install sewer systems, lagoons, clear woods for construction of homes, excavate for ponds, lakes, etc. Had the 'thrill' of operating motorgrader, bulldozer, hi-lift, backhoe, loaded and empty dump trucks. Have ridden on motorcycles and snowmobiles. We have a riding mower for my DH to use. Easier for him to mow our lawn even tho' our lawn is not that expansive! Have driven and rode 3 and 4 wheelers also. Out here in the country, you learn quickly to go along with what comes your way.

Now growing up in St. Louis, I rode the old fashioned street cars that clanged, and clanged and the newer ones, and buses. Does this count for anything???

Old 06-15-2008, 10:30 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,255 times

I have terrorized the water with a jet ski, and feel sure I still have the asphalt color in my butt from my Motorcycle days.

On lawn mowers I have had many, prior to moving from the Coast we lived on a large track of land, and I had wanted to have a three par golf course to play on. It was a never ending job. To cut the grass and keep the golf course look was a once a week job. I think I spent every weekend on one of several mowing machines. The large areas I did with a tractor, the close in areas where on a 52 inch mower, and the up close was with a hand mower. I would switch to a bush hog as I got into the back and rough areas. This was a once a month job. I never had the time to play golf so it just became a war between me and the grass.

One of the best machines I got to play with was a bob cat. I have to mention the back how too. I rented one to help keep the golf course look. Needed it to move plants and trees. It was a blast for about a week. Dig a hole and fill a hole. I have always loved big men’s toys.

I am not too wild about the cold, so the snowmobile is not on my to-do list, I would like to try one of the small gyrocopters, and the ultra light planes. They look like fun and if you keep close to the ground you might survive the fall.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:31 AM

18,118 posts, read 11,753,710 times
Originally Posted by Karla with a K

[b]Have you ever driven or ridden on any of the following ?

Snowmobile
Jet Ski
Motorcycle
Riding lawn mower

Bonus question :
If not which would you like to try ?

I've been a passenger on motorcycles yet I want to learn how to ride alone
but no one will teach me claiming to save my life.

When I was about 10 years old, I tried water skiing - riding on the water, does that count? ;

Lawn equipment - I used to own a lawn service company so yes I drove all the riding
mowers and the BIG truck.

I drove my cousin's moped through the streets in Coral Springs, FL. Scary! Everybody
was honking their horns because the moped only goes so fast / slow.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:34 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,448,185 times
Riding lawnmowers almost make cutting the grass fun. When we owned one, and had many acres to cut, I never quite understood how my husband did it much quicker than what I did -- it took me all day long! Maybe I was just having too much fun?

My favorite was the huge tractor he had purchased shortly after closing on the piece of land to which he and his family moved. Standing on the ground, with him in the seat of the thing, the seat alone, towered above my average height of 5'4".

Karla didn't mention these, but some of my favorite rides were behind a speedboat on a pair of skis, and except for feeling like I had been 'beaten half-to-death,' on the back of a jet ski. Sailing in a small boat like a Sunfish is a lot of fun, too. If you can stand on one, and stay standing, a surfboard's cool, too. A john boat's not bad unless you bounce over breaking waves, and then your butt's bruised. Horseback riding is a lot of fun, too, but I am generally afraid of the silly horse. As a child, my Grandfather put us on the back of a beautiful Brahmin bull.

I have been trying desperately to con my husband's Dad, a bit of a mischievous dare-devil, into getting us a pair of Harley motorcycles to go tooling-around on, but truth be told, neither of us has any business on one. Still. . .

I still like the thrill of a pair of skates, and I did climb aboard my daughter's skateboard a time or two -- most recently a few weeks back, when she was visiting, and I set the thing on the kitchen floor and rolled the length of the kitchen island. Too scared to really ride the fool thing as many of my friends broke their arms and legs, and dislocated knee caps, as kids back in the late 1960s when the things became popular.

My husband claims I have been on the back of a 3-wheeler and a 4-wheeler but it must have made little impression on me. I don't recall the ride. When we're at his parents', the golf cart is fun. A bicycle built for two, and a mountain bike, I can add to the list, but these days I really need a tricycle for grownups. Do small two-seater planes count? Little larger planes? A submarine as a child in San Diego? A float in a parade once or twice?

Oh, man, but I overlooked ferris wheels, and the carousel horses, ostriches, and tigers, and the train through the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans -- after the trolley car ride down St. Charles Avenue on the way to the zoo.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:43 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Riding lawn mower,horse, cow, hog (I was brought up on a farm) tractor , hay wagon, dirt bike, boogie board..4 wheeler (I was scared to death) and once one of my sil's took me for a fearsome ride on his motorcycle

Old 06-15-2008, 10:47 AM

24,463 posts, read 25,995,249 times
Motorcycles = yes, had several, mostly for riding in the desert
Jet Ski = yes, had a couple of Sea Doos, great for Lake Mead and Lake Powell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics