Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:07 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday !!!!!
It is another hot & sticky morning here in NE FL I had an idea in mind for todays ? ,but when I doing my "today is" research one of the events just "screamed out" to be

Todays question:

In honor of "National Splurge Day" what is your favorite "Splurge" or "splurges" ?

Extra credit: When was the last time you "splurged" ?

Today in history:
June 18,1898 - Atlantic City, NJ opened its Steel Pier to a large summertime seashore crowd. The world-famous Steel Pier over the Atlantic Ocean offered 9-1/2 miles of amusements, concerts, food, beverages, concessions and more. The Steel Pier once featured a horse that would dive into a pool at the end of the pier, in fact.
June 18, 1903 1st transcontinental auto trip begins in San Francisco; arrives New York 3-months later - lol and I get antsy after 5 hours n the road
June 18, 1936 1st bicycle traffic court in America established, Racine, Wisconsin

Word of the day
:
cogent \KOH-juhnt\, adjective:
Having the power to compel conviction; appealing to the mind or to reason; convincing.

Today is:
National Cherry Tart Day
and
International Picnic Day
it is also
National Go Fishing Day
lets not forget
National Splurge Day

Hmm, last time I splurged. I think it was about a month ago when I bought a really nice 35mm camera...one that Id been looking for, for a long time, at a reasonable price. My next splurge project is gonna be a new digital, am looking for something with a 7 or better megapixel. Mine is so ancient, its only a 2 mp...got it way back in 2000.
Today I gonna splurge and put fuel in my tank, lol.
Maybe sis and I will go to town and have a snack...I'll order a cherry tart ala mode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 08:42 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Wink National Splurge Month?

Mrs. AkarbeN thought that both last month and this month were National Splurge Months. She used the credit card to the point that it doesn’t have any magnetic strip on the backside anymore.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:04 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Todays question:

In honor of "National Splurge Day" what is your favorite "Splurge" or "splurges" ? Most of the time it's something gun related

Extra credit: When was the last time you "splurged" ? Thursday I bought a new scope and rifle rest with the rising gas and food prices it may be my last splurge for a while.

Last edited by Roaddog; 06-18-2008 at 09:49 AM..

Old 06-18-2008, 09:15 AM

72,413 posts, read 18,199,776 times
Once a week,I go to McDonald to "splurge" on the Iced Coffee.It's really great!

Old 06-18-2008, 09:29 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,062 times
Splurge? Hmmmm, bought a new 8 pc. patio set and umbrella. Old one was way past being replaced. Maybe not an actual splurge, more a necessity! And the way things are going, this party for my DH may become a 'splurge'. I may be overdoing things a tad bit. So far over 100 peoples will be here. I may be doing what Mrs. AksarbeN is doing...wearing off the magnetic strip on my debit/credit card. May have to take out a small loan, also.

No cherries today. May go fishing next week while grandsons are here.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:48 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
? Thursdat I bought a new scope and rifle rest
roaddog how nice of you to provide a nap area for your rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
And the way things are going, this party for my DH may become a 'splurge'. I may be overdoing things a tad bit. So far over 100 peoples will be here. I may be doing what Mrs. AksarbeN is doing...wearing off the magnetic strip on my debit/credit card. May have to take out a small loan, also.

No cherries today. May go fishing next week while grandsons are here.
you do have my address for the invitation don't you

Old 06-18-2008, 09:52 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,316 times
My favorite splurges are pedicures, clothing for my son and wedding gifts for other people!

My most recent splurge was on clothes for my DH and our son.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:12 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,255 times
No question I splurge on cheese. I find it is just relaxing to know I have a 5 pound block just waiting for a cheese attach. I will go to a local organic store for my dog food about once a month, and I also splurge on one of several very good aged cheddar cheeses they carry. I never buy a big block just ¼ pound, and at about $20.00 a pound it is as much of a splurge as I can take. I savor it all month slicing off thin slices and savoring the flavor.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:18 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,783 times
Unfortunely, I don't really splurge very often on anything unless you count groceries as a splurge...

My hubby and I go out to eat about once every two years for our anniversary, so I guess that can be a splurge...I bought him a Harley in 2005 for Christmas.

Oh, I know....We actually had a second honeymoon back in 2002 and we went to Jamacia.....See I do know how to splurge, just once every 10 years or so...

We really need to buy something special (even if we don't need it) very soon!!!!!

Old 06-18-2008, 11:58 AM

24,463 posts, read 25,995,249 times
The motormaker household is spluged out for the rest of the year from all the home improvement projects. But will splurge for a movie tis month on the day they give free popcorn and points for free goodies. Senior discount will apply.

Ahh, cherries, will probably go to the u pick place above Cabazon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics