U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:08 PM

4,597 posts, read 7,138,704 times
My apologies too, cncracer. My husband is not so insecure as to not know I love him, in spite of turning him into a surfboard, a clothes tree, or towel rack. He also knows that there are things I'd rather NOT 'nag' him about -- walking the poor dog (exercise for them both), putting his clothes in the closet away, picking up after himself.

Sheesh, but he and my brother-in-law were laughing at the statue of winged Victory in a picture book of things to see at the Louvre, saying, "Well, now, isn't this the perfect woman?" Winged Victory, you know, as she stands today, is the beautiful figure of a woman sans head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 01:09 PM

19,922 posts, read 7,007,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
AWW, Charley -- I think we know you well enough to know the joke is all in good fun. Sick-o me, here, with the "Daid Hubby" bit, I thought it was funny. Sending you to your room was just for fun, too, Buddy -- almost as much fun as sending Mike to his, and now that I think about it, I sent you to Mike's room, no? Thought you two might have fun looking at the catalogs, having a beer. . .
I appreciate that, but there were a few who were a little unhappy with it and I thought removing it was the right thing to do.

Regardless of whether it stayed or not, I'd have no problem hanging out with Mike! Imagine the two of us together once we got rolling? Double trouble ... lol

Old 06-25-2008, 03:29 PM

18,733 posts, read 20,510,302 times
1. I liked the joke. Oh, wait, I'm a guy. Forget I mentioned it. And now I'm not going to tell the one it reminded of, so there!

2. You don't really have to kill your husband in order to answer. I didn't commit suicide when I called dibs on the Main Gate Newel Post position. You'll know me since I'm the one grimacing because of the load I'm carrying (the Main Gate!), and sticking my tongue out because Gargoyles do that, ya know.

3. I am in awe of the imagination(s) shown here. Amazing, just amazing!

Old 06-25-2008, 04:04 PM

4,597 posts, read 7,138,704 times
Default We are nowhere near 1001 Uses, but I am still trying. . .

Disclaimer: I am NOT picturing my beloved husband here, I hope you understand, but something more akin to a life-sized Ken doll.

Ok, now that we understand where these are coming from, more things to do with him! I completely overlooked all of the yard/outdoor applications, aside from the beach.

Cute as he is, he'd make an adorable yard gnome. I could use him as a fountain, water spurting from his mouth -- along those same lines, at my next party, a cheese fondue, or chocolate fountain. I can put a lantern in his hand and he becomes one of the yard jockeys, lighting the way to the front door. Fixing his hands into a locked position, and standing on a pad of concrete painted into the hours, I have an attractive sundial, or I could mount him on the roof as a weather vane. If he were bald, or I just shaved his head, a gazing ball, then, in the flower bed.

Take him over to a stables, and they've got a fine hitching post. In the pool, a float, or kiddie diving board. 'Pool island' for a pool party, complete with candles or Tiki torches, and a bar set up on his tummy or back. Floating dock for those cute kiddie boats.

If I go to the trouble of pulling him up, onto the roof, I could use him as a lightning rod. Come Halloween, a gargoyle, to keep the kiddies off my porch and thus the candy is mine! all mine! Stand him in the window, same time of year, and it's something out of Psycho! A sheet over his head, and he's Casper.

Given that I like those indoor columns, there's another great use -- on a two foot podium, plus his own 6 feet, and arms raised overhead, he becomes an attractive support beam, or of architectural interest like a column. Turn him on his side, raise one arm to support his head, and he becomes a Balinese Tiki god of sorts. Brace him just right over the toilet, and he is the handicapped-aide I required when I had back surgery.

We could start a whole new 'art movement' in that instead of the cows, painted, and put around as art, it could be said 'daid hubby.' At the school, a permanent crossing guard. At the library, use him to hold the marquee. With him in my closet, arms outstretched, he could be used to hang my pocketbooks, and be a hat rack, hang parasols and umbrellas from his hands by their crooks. I could stuff his pockets with my loose change.

The neighborhood has, before the HOA, discussed speed bumps. No, now that's just going too far.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:10 PM

19,922 posts, read 7,007,377 times
I hope Mrs. CMTAD never finds this thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:12 PM

536 posts, read 665,244 times
i'd have to put mine on the toilet with a newspaper...cup of coffee...ball game (or sports talk show) on the radio...and a cigarette in his mouth.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:39 PM

25,441 posts, read 8,547,476 times
Nope, no answer to ? o' the day!!!! Interesting imaginative answers tho'. But I can't think of any.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:21 PM

19,333 posts, read 15,829,596 times
Whats a 'daid hubby'? Heck I dont have a hubby so this wont pertain to me...I'll just sit back and watch everyones answers though!

Old 06-25-2008, 10:27 PM

41,873 posts, read 18,726,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Whats a 'daid hubby'? Heck I dont have a hubby so this wont pertain to me...I'll just sit back and watch everyones answers though!
LOL.. it's a typo Livewire, it should be "Dead hubby".. I think..

I don't know about a "Dead hubby", but one day you might have a hubby in the doghouse!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:07 AM

17,713 posts, read 20,466,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. it's a typo Livewire, it should be "Dead hubby".. I think..

I don't know about a "Dead hubby", but one day you might have a hubby in the doghouse!
or one that gets sent to his room

actually Mike for once the "typo queen" didn't lol

the reason we used "daid" was because it is a pretend question and "daid" is a pretend version of "dead"

RDSLOTS lol when you mentioned the "life-sized Ken doll" it reminded me of when I turned 40

I have a couple friends with a really strange sense of humor (lol no surprise there)
Well when I turned 40 they though hmmm how can we embarrass her
Thank heavens the idea of sending a stripper to my house at 6 AM was rejected
So there I was minding my own business at one of my volunteer projects and 2 of the friends who worked there came up to me with a really really big birthday package as if that wasn't enough to attract attention they started singing Happy Birthday
So as I began to open the present I should of known better and stopped because they started laughing
First out popped an arm then before I knew it out popped a "life sized ken doll" He was even all dressed up in a t-shirt & hat
I guess being jammed into a 3 ft box helped with the popping momentum
well being a strange sense of humor person that I am
I propped him up in my volunteer booth for the rest of the night lol I think I named him Fred
Well being single I thought hmm Fred can be useful
While driving home that night he was right in the passenger seat
I though thmmm now I wont get strange looks while I am singing along with the radio
I decided that "Fred" would be the perfect sunroom buddy, that way at first glance people would think theres someone home so I propped him into a chair in the corner
I sorta forgot to take into account the craziness of my schedule I think it was 3 or 4 months before I stopped forgetting "fred" was sitting out there

rofl I can't tell you how many times my heart almost stopped when I would go out into the screenroom and out the corner of my eye there was this man sitting in the corner Thank heavens I only let out a scream once or twice during the day when most folks were at work

Sadly Fred and the FL sun were not a good match he kinda melted

hmmm one of those friends has a big birthday coming up I think I may have to do some shopping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics