Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:03 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
You know, with him in that position, I can load him onto a dolley, stack everything on him that I ask him day-after-day to please put away, and roll him to his closet. Dump the stuff on the floor, like he does, and then stand him outside the closet door. Voila! A clothes tree!

With him on the dolley, I could conceivably put the leash in a hand, hook it to the dog's collar, and let the dog 'walk' him for a change. The dog would be getting his walk in, some exercise, and be out of the confines of the back yard. Poor hubby, though, if the dog espies a squirrel or rabbit!

Ah, but some kind neighbor would call. "Mrs. Rdslots, is this your husband stuck between the trees?" The dog's wailing let us know something was up. Looks like Mr. Rdslots is.
Now, that's a good one, rdslots.

Charley! I have to pass that joke along to my friend George who is blind but has a talking computer. He'll love it!

It looks like our ladies of CD have been thinking about this subject quite a bit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 09:46 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,448,185 times
Default Have we got this book written yet?

Put him in the yard, with the two bird feeders in his hands. He could be pre-wired with a tape to scare-off the pesky squirrels. He'd keep the dogs company in the backyard, but I would hope they didn't find his legs 'attractive.'

Take him to the beach. With a wide-enough hat, a sunbrella. . . fold his arms in, and he's a surfboard. Lay him on the sand, bend him every-so-slightly at the waist, and I have the nicest beach chair around. I do love leaning against his chest. My chair could have arms, or no arms, depending upon how I position them -- like those on the car seats. Put him in a Speedo, or cute swim trunks, Ray Bans, and instant 'stud muffin.' I mean, he is cute. Time to head home, I lay everything on top of him, drag him, and all that stuff, to the car by his feet.

Once home, pop him into the shower with me, and let him scrub my back. Or scratch it. I just rub my back around against his hand with the washcloth in it, or have him holding the back-scratcher. Take him out, stand him next to the tub, and he's a towel rack.

Put him at the piano, back in his tux, or better yet! n-a-k-e-d. . . put on my favorite music, and he's serenading me.

I'd best enjoy him today, while I've 'daid-ed' him. He reads CD, too, and likes the QOD, and I may very well find myself 'divorced' tomorrow.

But then, I really would like his 'take' on 1001 Uses for a Daid Wifey. Years ago, I asked him once what he'd do if I died, thinking I'd get some sappy, sentimental, "Oh, my love, but I couldn't live without you. . .I, too, would die. . ." when to my surprise, he says, without skipping a beat, "I'd prop you up in bed, right beside me. Just like old times."

Old 06-25-2008, 10:05 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
> A blind man walks into a restaurant and sits down.

I have a sense that a few folks may have found this joke offensive. If this is true, I apologize. I hope you know me well enough to know that it would never be my style to offend my friends. I want to maintain my reputation as a "hubby in good standing". I've used the "report" feature and the joke be removed.

Charley

Last edited by Gone-2-Beach; 06-25-2008 at 10:27 AM..

Old 06-25-2008, 10:38 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
Well I can't put him in the chair with a remote in his hand. I'd never be able to tell the difference.........

I'd put him out in the yard with a rake....so when the neighbors say we don't clean up our yard I can say..."We do too!!! See he's out there now!!!" It's not my fault he sux at it. lol

Old 06-25-2008, 12:06 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
I think Mrs. roaddog would use it as a dart board

Ya just can't beat the fork.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:25 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post

I have a sense that a few folks may have found this joke offensive. If this is true, I apologize. I hope you know me well enough to know that it would never be my style to offend my friends. I want to maintain my reputation as a "hubby in good standing". I've used the "report" feature and the joke be removed.

Charley
Too late! I already sent it to my wife in an email.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:34 PM

rdslots, once you got rolling, you beat us all!

Yeh, Charley, I sent it forward too!

Old 06-25-2008, 12:50 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,448,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post

Charley
AWW, Charley -- I think we know you well enough to know the joke is all in good fun. Sick-o me, here, with the "Daid Hubby" bit, I thought it was funny. Sending you to your room was just for fun, too, Buddy -- almost as much fun as sending Mike to his, and now that I think about it, I sent you to Mike's room, no? Thought you two might have fun looking at the catalogs, having a beer. . .

Old 06-25-2008, 12:55 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,255 times
I am not sure why, but I just can’t see the humor in this question. I think if reversed I would be lost as what to do with my wife dead. Just don’t like to think about it.

I think I will go get some cheese and celebrate the fork, strawberries and Cheese are good together. I feel sure anything is good with cheese. Not sure how catfish and cheese would be, might need to skip that one.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:57 PM

Racer, I'm sorry you found it offensive. I love my DH with all my heart and would never really wish him any harm and, in fact, have told him, in all seriousness, that he is never allowed to die on me. We were just having a little fun to blow off some steam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics