Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:48 PM

3,087 posts, read 1,074,040 times

Advertisements

1. {{I wish I could get my camera working so you all could tell me if if it makes me look a little thinner maybe or if I still look a little plump}}
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 11:24 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,536,256 times
Default Oh yes......

Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
Since I'm certain that it's not me I would like to just say that I hope you all boot the annoying ones out soon I just hate those annoying posters! too
Me too, , me two, mee to,, and then again, meeiee 2,

Old 07-01-2008, 05:50 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,207,990 times
Ok, quit bugging me! (((giggles)))

Old 07-01-2008, 03:19 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,012,837 times
oh dear, I've been out lately with a move, I do hope it's not me!

Old 07-01-2008, 05:48 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,124,603 times
Now I KNOW you must not be talking about me at all.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:50 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,163,795 times
dont be mad at me
i brought flowers
have one

pdclipart.com
free clipart

Old 07-02-2008, 07:48 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,149,272 times
Hey there, how's everyone been ??????????????????

Old 07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,771,933 times
Unhappy Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention the PEEPS that....

lie and are deceitful on here too !!!! I guess they think most people are stupid or something . That we aren't smart enough to figure out their game playing . Who knows ???! I guess nowadays that it's too much to ask for people to have some integrity and honesty, whether in RL or VL . "The heck with you, cuz it's ALL about ME" mentality seems to prevail all too often (imho) !

And I know that it happens in RL also, it's just that it's a HUGE pet peeve of mine and after a recent incidence, I had to get it off my chest before I told that person what I really THOUGHT of them !!! You know, instead of SELF MEDICATING, I'm SELF MODERATING, so that I don't go all BEE-listic on anyone here !

<of course, it's NONE of you peeps here and now I will get OFF my soapbox and back to GOOD HUMOR !!!>

Last edited by HDL; 07-02-2008 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: GOOD HUMOR Ice Cream that is!!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 02:36 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,084,324 times

Good Humor....did someone say ice cream?

Old 07-03-2008, 11:38 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,545,972 times
Someone must have really got under your skin HDL, you know after reading this perhaps you may have something here, things seem to go along really great in here at times then we get some not all new in here and things start getting out of hand, people take every little thing seriously, some try to out do others in the mentality game, some have such a stiff upper lip it’s a wonder it doesn’t break off when they brush there teeth, and some are so full of it I have to clean my monitor after reading.

There are a few of us that have been on here for a few years , we have seen others come and go, some we miss and some we say don’t let the door hit you in the a** on the way out, then we have those that for some reason just come in here to try and stir up crap or have a chip on there shoulder and decide we are easy pickings for them.

Those of us that have been here for a bit know when some are just joking around and when they are serious but at times we can also misread each other and then if we are not careful we can get cross with each other, I had left for a while simply because it seemed as if more and more posters had no sense of humor what so ever, most were after each others throats, even now after being back just a short time it seems as though we have a few pit bulls.

Maybe it’s time for the silly nonsense, humorous type posts be put on the back burner and become the more serious poster, take everything to heart, nit pick on every single post, forget about coming in here to have a good time or to just kick back and have a few laughs, become dead serious on each and every line typed even if it means having a post shut down, send every little thing into moderators, leave no stone unturned.

Perhaps I’m being just too thin skinned, naaa I‘m a tough ol well seasoned bird, it’s going to be tough for myself to be dead serious darn near every post but after a few comments I have received on a few of my thought to be amusing posts it seems some don’t find my thoughts amusing what so ever, so my self moderating procedure looks to be that of if I know you good enough I’ll joke around with you but if I don’t nor if you don’t know me I will be dead serious in my posts with a very stiff upper lip with absolutely no sense of humor about me what so ever, if I do slip up every so often I am sure it will be brought to my attention by a select few and I will simply have my comment/comments deleted as to not ruffle anyone’s feathers.

It’s just a shame in this world we live in now that one has to be politically correct in each statement, dare not misspell nor have incorrect punctuation on a message board, what’s next we must have everything we say prescreened so we don’t hurt another’s feelings and make absolutely sure each and every post is 100 percent correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics