Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:46 PM

431 posts, read 391,559 times

Advertisements

1. I live and work in two cities: San Francisco and Dallas (Flower Mound), TX.
2. I fear spiders but will kiss a rattle snake. ( My sister put a dead grand-daddy long leg in my lap when I was six years old. I'm still mad at her...)
3. I dislike small children. Don't know why, really. I'm totally cool with babies and teens, but I stay away from those in between.
4. Vegetarian
5. I tan everyday
6. It's all about country music....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2007, 11:11 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,361,472 times
1. I've never tasted honey.
2. I wear a size 16 shoe.
3. I smell.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:12 PM

104 posts, read 234,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
2. I wear a size 16 shoe.
3. I smell.
Theres nothing dull and boring about a size 16 shoe !!!!!!! wow !

Old 01-18-2007, 05:49 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,777,024 times
Cool to:
Whoever loves the spiders & all those creatures!
Whoever is a vegetarian! (Go Vegan! )
Whoever is so in love - that is SO beautiful!!!

To the person afraid of balloons:
Really?! That's got to be the weirdest phobia I've ever heard!!!
What about them?

To the person who doesn't like kids - I have the same "aversion" to infants!
They REALLY gross me out!!!!!!!!

Ok me:

I LOVE all creatures, but ESPECIALLY
FISH, FROGS, LIZARDS, BIRDS,
the creatures least like humans...

I LOVE it HOT!!!!! (Well DUH!!! )

I've been vegan almost 4 years!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 07:17 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,624,304 times
Default Balloons and vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Cool to:
To the person afraid of balloons:
Really?! That's got to be the weirdest phobia I've ever heard!!!
What about them?
I've been vegan almost 4 years!!!
Balloons. I do not know! They just freak me out. For a birthday, I bought 8 and put them in my car w/out thinking. Almost didn't make it home lol Makes my teeth cringe. Maybe it's the "pop factor" *shrug*
Speaking of vegan... my lil one goes to preschool where they follow kashrut diets and we can bring no meat for lunches. Anyone have any vegan food ideas that you think a little one would love? Besides meatless chicken nuggets and pb&j?

Last edited by jkmewright; 01-18-2007 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: qoute thing

Old 01-18-2007, 09:10 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,315,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
Balloons. I do not know! They just freak me out. For a birthday, I bought 8 and put them in my car w/out thinking. Almost didn't make it home lol Makes my teeth cringe. Maybe it's the "pop factor" *shrug*
Speaking of vegan... my lil one goes to preschool where they follow kashrut diets and we can bring no meat for lunches. Anyone have any vegan food ideas that you think a little one would love? Besides meatless chicken nuggets and pb&j?
I'm not "afraid" of balloons, but I do cringe when someone (especially a child) touches a balloon or squeezes, I AM afraid of the popping factor and I don't know why. You will never see me pop a balloon no matter how desperately it needs it, I'm afraid to (I think maybe I'm afraid the elastic will snap back and hit me or something). Weird.

I too am terrified of flying. I have flown though, I dreaded every second of it, I hyperventilated (I'm claustrophobic), I wanted the windows open, I breathed into a bag, ate pretzels, chewed gum, swallowed with my mouth open and lastly (the only thing that worked)...my dad made me get drunk so I'd sleep (yes, I was 21 ). Then when we landed (Las Vegas) everyone ran to the airport slot machines, I beelined for the ladies room to vomit. I flew after that too, but not in 10 years and I hope I never have to again (I'll RV across the country).

I'm claustrophobic. I cannot go through the Lincoln or Holland Tunnel (or any tunnel for that matter) without the windows shut tight and music on because that "air" sound causes me to hyperventilate. I am not a fan of elevators. I can't watch movies where people drown or there's tidal waves (i.e. Deep Impact) because I start to feel like I'm suffocating. I can't stand "close talkers" those people who have to be right in your face while talking.....I need space!!!

I too am ambidextrous, though I don't write that great with my left hand, however, it's legible. I was a switch hitter for my softball team and believe it or not I do most things with my left hand but I write mainly with my right (and my husband is exactly the opposite).

I can sing the alphabet backwards just as fast as I can frontwards.

I can somewhat speak and mostly understand Italian (mostly when I have to around my family...can't read/write it anymore though).

Old 01-18-2007, 09:30 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,624,304 times
Default Pixie we are twins lol

[quote=pixieshmoo;285491]I'm not "afraid" of balloons, but I do cringe when someone (especially a child) touches a balloon or squeezes, I AM afraid of the popping factor and I don't know why. You will never see me pop a balloon no matter how desperately it needs it, I'm afraid to (I think maybe I'm afraid the elastic will snap back and hit me or something). Weird.

I too am ambidextrous, though I don't write that great with my left hand, however, it's legible. I was a switch hitter for my softball team and believe it or not I do most things with my left hand but I write mainly with my right (and my husband is exactly the opposite).

ROFL this is too wierd. I am left-handed. Only to eat write and play darts. Otherwise it's a righty here. And I do the alphabet thing too! I just can't make the a b c d e f g sing-song tune go when I am doing it backwards. I can talk backwards too. Not just the words like "you thank fine am I" I actually say the sentence and words backwards. "uoy knaht enif ma I" Freaky person, I know lol

Old 01-18-2007, 12:38 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,315,753 times
[quote=jkmewright;285554]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
I'm not "afraid" of balloons, but I do cringe when someone (especially a child) touches a balloon or squeezes, I AM afraid of the popping factor and I don't know why. You will never see me pop a balloon no matter how desperately it needs it, I'm afraid to (I think maybe I'm afraid the elastic will snap back and hit me or something). Weird.

ROFL this is too wierd. I am left-handed. Only to eat write and play darts. Otherwise it's a righty here. And I do the alphabet thing too! I just can't make the a b c d e f g sing-song tune go when I am doing it backwards. I can talk backwards too. Not just the words like "you thank fine am I" I actually say the sentence and words backwards. "uoy knaht enif ma I" Freaky person, I know lol
No, I don't think you're freaky (unless that makes me freaky as well) because I can read backwards and upside down (amazingly at the same speed as reading right side up). I can also speak "pig latin" at a normal pace ever since I was a kid and lastly, you know how when you have young children, you spell things out so they don't know what you're saying. Well, I'm a speed demon at spelling and understanding what someone is spelling almost before they're done. (I contribute these things to learning machine shorthand for court reporting...a lot of crazy looking typing/reading is involved) otherwise, I don't know where I got it from.

And no, I can't sing the alphabet backwards to the same rythym as frontwards either. Almost, but then there's a spot or two that just don't make sense.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:45 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,788,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
I think you need to go and get some honey and slap it on some bread with peanut butter then! MMMMMM!!! Back in my stoner HS days, that was my "munchie" food....

Old 01-18-2007, 12:50 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,960,077 times
1. Extremely independent and completely debt-free, including owning my home outright. I'm proud of that.
2. I can pick up **** with my hand, pull a stranger's hair strand out of my food at a restaurant and continue eating with no issue, but if I touch raw chicken, I hurl immediately.
3. I am not particularly religious, but I'm a fundamentalist Christian in my beliefs. Yesterday I was in my neighbor's sunroom and heard what sounded like distant angelic singing. I thought the angels were singing and I thought..hmmm...is it my time? Then I realized it was windchimes. I'm completely able to function in the real world while not the least closed off to the unseen world ( I don't mean occult which I avoid like the plague it is).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics