Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:52 AM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times

Advertisements

Do you like the picture on your drivers license,passport and if applicable "work ID"
There OK, I really never look at them.

Bonus question: Have you ever spent a lot of time getting ready for one of these pictures ?
Absolutely not.

Even extra extra credit question: Is the picture on any of the above so old or "so doesn't looks like you" that the person checking did a double check look ?
No, at least I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 01:08 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,025,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

So, who is scarier: Nick or Gary?

Old 07-08-2008, 03:18 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,429,365 times
Todays Question:

Do you like the picture on your drivers license,passport and if applicable "work ID"
I have an ID card that I got when I went on vacation five years ago and I hate that picture.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:22 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
YES!! Because I was skinnier then!

Old 07-08-2008, 04:43 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
I was trying to think of a easy ? for today,because I know everyone is "plum wore out" from getting their "today is list " done yesterday
So when I was researching the history stuff the idea come to me for

Todays Question:

Bonus question: Have you ever spent a lot of time getting ready for one of these pictures ?

Even extra extra credit question: Is the picture on any of the above so old or "so doesn't looks like you" that the person checking did a double check look ?

Today in history:
July 8, 951 Paris is founded
July 8, 1796 U.S. State Department issues 1st American passport - and so the bad passport picture saga begins
July 8,1693, New York City authorized the first police uniforms in the American colonies

Word of the day:
troglodyte \TROG-luh-dyt\, noun:
1. A member of a primitive people that lived in caves, dens, or holes; a cave dweller.
2. One who is regarded as reclusive, reactionary, out of date, or brutish.

Today is:
National Chocolate with Almonds Day - woohoo I just bought 2 bags of almond M&M s
it is also
National Be a Kid Again Day
and
National Video Games Day
and the all important
National Don't Put All Your Eggs in one Omelets Day
I don't like the picture on my DL, but it's not the absolute worst either.

I can always go for chocolate and almonds...

Old 07-08-2008, 05:37 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post
So, who is scarier: Nick or Gary?

Well, between Gary and Nick Nolte, I'd say Nolte wins hands down, but.. if you add Mr Rhistone Cowboy himself, Glenn Campbell, to the contest, that might be a little tough to select the winner!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:50 PM

3,087 posts, read 1,076,224 times
The picture is ok.

Never primped for a license picture.

The picture on my license now shows a guy that hadn't had a haircut in 8 years so I get a double take sometimes because now both my ears show and the hair is short.
It still looks like my face though;can't mistake ol' 1eye

Oh, here is a song about Troglodytes if anyone remembers this

YouTube - Jimmy Castor Bunch - Troglodyte

Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,136 times

No it is really bad and he officer was laughing when he took it.

He tried to get me to smile and I said why If I have to show this to a police man I won't be smiling I'll be crying and did a boo hoo face and he cracked up
and took the picture, then stared to take another one and my purse strap was on my shoulder.
He ask if I really wanted that in the picture.
I said well I just got it and I really like it, how long before I have to renew again?, I'll probably carry this purse 4 or 5 years.

Then he ask what I wanted on the license an air plane or state seal.
I chose the plane.
When he handed me the license he said you do know these are to operate a car not a plane right?

Do you think he thinks I'm a space cadet? lol

My work ID is even worse! She tried three times. I don't do pictures!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:12 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
No, No, and no

Old 07-09-2008, 06:27 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
morning all
busy day yesterday so late checking in and I realized I forgot to answer my own question
so before I get sent to my room

DL picture not bad I had just gotten back from the cruise where we got married so I was tan and relaxed. I really liked the picture on the old license but had to give it up because of the name change lol I tried to negotiate to keep the picture and just change the name

my passport well it's ok still trying to figure out why they have to take such a close up picture

The sams & costco card pictures are just plain "goofy" I think it is the digital process they use

rofl yup I will admit it, for the above mentioned license I had to turn in
I spent a couple hours making sure my hair looked good and lol it poured on the way there
did the same for the passport I figured I am going to have this thing for 10 years and also they are not cheap so....

when I use the costco or sams card "nuf" said on that lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics