Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2007, 09:59 PM

5,794 posts, read 13,886,582 times

Advertisements

Today, I was at the back door of a grocery store that also acts as a bottle redemption center. The sign on the door says "No redemption on Sundays". It made me think a bit and while pointing at the sign, I mentioned to the young man who was helping me that it was a little ironic as lots of people look for redemption in church on this day of the week. Without batting an eye he told me how busy the store was on Sundays and they couldn't possibly find time or the necessary staff to receive bottles. Now maybe it's just my offbeat sense of humor or perhaps the guy isn't too church going or something else, but I thought I'd share this moment with you.

Any similar instances?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 10:03 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,492,515 times
LOL!!! That's very clever; thank you for sharing! I would have gotten that immediately. Maybe he was just in "zombie worker" mode?!

My contribution:

My daughter caught our kitten dragging a banana peel out of the trash the other day. She picked up the cat and said, "Ariel! What are you doing?! That doesn't even look at all appealing!!!" and I burst out laughing, because it was completely unintentional.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:18 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,039,217 times
I was in the store with my one year old niece not to long ago looking over flatware. Just for fun, I thought I'd show my niece the flatware and ask her opinions on it as if she were an adult, and just as I was showing her a set and stating 'I don't know hon' this place setting doesn't really suit my more contemporary taste, what do you think?', to which she responded with a an incomprehensible gurgle, someone rounding the corner and looked at me as if I were insane thinking I was actually having a serious discussion about flatware with a one year old child sucking her thumb. Sheesh people, I was joking around, the kid was just happy I was talking to her and showing her shiny things, and I found some humor in the absurdity of talking to a baby about product design.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:47 AM

98 posts, read 429,940 times
That's INTENSE...

like camping

No one ever gets that one the first few times.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:13 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,787,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolsfan13 View Post
That's INTENSE...

like camping

No one ever gets that one the first few times.
I busted out laughing at work.
Everyone around me looked at me like I was crazy. You're right though, I did have to read it a second time before I got it.. and when I did.. I thought it was hilarious. I am easily amused.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:53 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,456,870 times
While living with my ma in Phoenix, she'd go into the gas station and i would pump the gas and be done, so i'd go into the gas-station with her as she was standing in line. (keep in mind i was working on a car that day so i was greasy and dirty at the same time) So while standing in line, my ma would say to me..."Scram, now i told you i have no spare change!!...". Everyone in the gas-station would look at me as though i am harrasing everyone for spare-change. It was quite da*n funny though, i have to hand it for my ma!

Old 01-19-2007, 10:57 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,314,024 times
Okay, first of all my husband's clever analogy of women is as follows: He calls me his straw because women suck the life out of men! Of course, it's a joke (but I can't really argue that, we are pretty bossy). Anyway, my husband was mad at me one day for something and we were having a comical argument in front of some friends. I don't remember what I said but he turned around and yelled at me "Why don't you just suck the life right out of me, then I'll be dead and you can live like one of those black spiders that eat their mate and live all alone....you know which ones I mean!!!!!" So I said "Ummm, you mean like a Black Widow, duh". And his response was "Yeah, THAT'S WHAT I JUST SAID!!!!!!!" (no you didn't, dopey). And we all started laughing at him so of course he got even more mad at me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics