Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:12 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,789,191 times

Advertisements

I don't know if I would call it rude, or just plain disgusting!!!
I was in our breakroom at work and I was heating something up in the microwave. We have a tv that is on a corner shelf and I was standing there watching it while I waited. A chick comes in there and heats her stuff up next to me in the other microwave and watches the tv too.. So my head is turned to her and she coughs, right on the side of my face!
Not like "oh I have a tickle in my throat cough."
A full out, hack my lungs out, flying phlem cough.
I wanted to puke.

So, basically my question is.. when you are in public (or at home I guess for that matter) what nasty habits do you see people doing? What are you guilty of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 09:35 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,716,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
So, basically my question is.. when you are in public (or at home I guess for that matter) what nasty habits do you see people doing? What are you guilty of?
About the only nasty thing I notice in public is when others won't flush the toilet or wash their hands. It seems that around highschool many other guys have became slack in that way. (eeew!)

Old 01-19-2007, 09:37 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,461,193 times
The nose-pickin' fools in broad daylight at work!

What am i guilty of? Blowing my nose in the shower! (but i have my own shower)

Old 01-19-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post

Seriously now, we really need a "sick" emoticon.

My husband spits in the shower.. Drives me insane.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:41 AM

4,781 posts, read 2,079,755 times
People who pick their nose while stopped at a red light. I have seen this a few times. It's like "hello" , your front window is not tinted. I can see you.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:44 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,461,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
My husband spits in the shower.. Drives me insane.
It drives my wife "batty" but i know how you feel...well...sorta..!

Old 01-19-2007, 09:45 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,148,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post

Yeah, I never did understand that one. My husband and son are shower blowers.

AT HOME, I am guilty of .......... while enjoying a cold beer also enjoying a good burp. I have been know (at home) to also let one rip. Hey the guys do it and think its funny !!!
I know many guys think that women don't fart or burp, but if we didn't our heads would blow up!

Old 01-19-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
Yeah, I never did understand that one. My husband and son are shower blowers.

AT HOME, I am guilty of .......... while enjoying a cold beer also enjoying a good burp. I have been know (at home) to also let one rip. Hey the guys do it and think its funny !!!
I know many guys think that women don't fart or burp, but if we didn't our heads would blow up!
I told my husband (when we were dating) that girls didn't fart. I never did it in front of him until we got into a big tickle match.
Oops.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:56 AM

409 posts, read 1,234,850 times
Scratching and grabbing one's "buddy". It used to be more prevalent when I was growing up - like 'hey, it's still there - gotta check'.

I'm glad I don't see it as much as I used to

Old 01-19-2007, 09:59 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,962,040 times
Anyone coughing like that should at the minimum cover his or her mouth with a tissue or his or her elbow so as not to spread germs. I hope the person apologized!
I'm also guilty of blowing my nose in the shower... and I do lots of other stuff I'd never do in public when I'm home alone and no one can see me - both in sight and sound ! I have self-contests with pushing the farting limits where I test how far I can go with my cat snuggled up near the mouth of Vesuvius before he finally reacts in disgust and leaves (he's pretty tolerant!!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics