Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:39 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times

Advertisements

Is there anything you do that you know you probably shouldn't? I'm not talking blatantly obvious law-breaking things, just things you know you probably shouldn't do.

When we're driving by people's houses and I see their TV on through their windows, I look in as we pass to try to figure out what show they're watching. So anyone who lives in my neck of the woods may want to close their curtains after dark.

NEXT!

Lucy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 08:12 AM

650 posts, read 1,206,695 times
Oh, ok--I was ready with some law-breaking ones! LOL

My biggest struggle is with sugar---my doctor has me strictly no gluten, sugar, alcohol or caffeine. YEAH RIGHT! So I drink decaf coffee and sneak chocolate when nobody's looking. *sigh* I suppose that's cut down on them both at least, but I told my DH that when I die, I want to be buried in a coffin of SOLID CHOCOLATE.

Lined with mocha.

Whipped cream on top.

With sprinkles.

Ok, I'll stop....

*whimper*

Old 07-16-2008, 09:24 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Content_Christian View Post
Is there anything you do that you know you probably shouldn't? I'm not talking blatantly obvious law-breaking things, just things you know you probably shouldn't do.

When we're driving by people's houses and I see their TV on through their windows, I look in as we pass to try to figure out what show they're watching. So anyone who lives in my neck of the woods may want to close their curtains after dark.

NEXT!

Lucy
I do the same thing about looking in! However, my motivation is that I'm very interested in how people have decorated their houses!

However, I also have to confess that I don't really feel badly about doing this either.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:33 AM

650 posts, read 1,206,695 times
Oh, I wouldn't feel bad about peeking... anyone who lives in a town and keeps their curtains open WANTS you to look! LOL

'Just my guess anyhow, so I always oblige them.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:03 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
I dream too much (and really shouldnt) about living out in Oklahoma, Wisconsin or S Dakota somewhere. Reality is, if it happens in this lifetime, it would probably have to take something superior to my music and the band reuniting after 30 years, to get me to go there any sooner. And it better be worth leaving all of this...unless the whole band chooses to move too.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:25 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
I really should stop dating all those super-models and strippers...

Old 07-16-2008, 10:14 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLaLa View Post
Oh, I wouldn't feel bad about peeking... anyone who lives in a town and keeps their curtains open WANTS you to look! LOL

'Just my guess anyhow, so I always oblige them.

I do the same thing. I'm a walker and if I happen to be walking as it gets dark, I peek inside as I walk by. But with that said, 99.9% of the places I've "looked in" make me twitch! Out right squaller, some of them! Makes me wanna buy them curtains so I don't have to see the filth.

And I know I'm obsessively clean, but still....

Old 07-16-2008, 10:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
dear sir
if that is the worse thing i do as i attempt to be a christian i will soon hit sainthood.
i am afraid you are light years ahead of me.
im no angel but that doesn't mean that i won't learn to fly - dido-- sing it

Old 07-16-2008, 10:38 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
I do the same thing. I'm a walker and if I happen to be walking as it gets dark, I peek inside as I walk by. But with that said, 99.9% of the places I've "looked in" make me twitch! Out right squaller, some of them! Makes me wanna buy them curtains so I don't have to see the filth.

And I know I'm obsessively clean, but still....
Most places I peek into seem almost immaculate. I have six kids, so immaculate is something ONLY see when I'm peeking in someone else's house.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:49 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I dream too much (and really shouldnt) about living out in Oklahoma, Wisconsin or S Dakota somewhere. Reality is, if it happens in this lifetime, it would probably have to take something superior to my music and the band reuniting after 30 years, to get me to go there any sooner. And it better be worth leaving all of this...unless the whole band chooses to move too.
LOL.. and if you get something "superior" to your music here in Phoenix, and the band decides to move here?

There's more stuff that I should be doing, but I'm not, than stuff I'm doing, and shouldn't be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics