Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:59 PM

9 posts, read 31,090 times

Advertisements

Well its been an uphill battle that continues on and on and on. Hopefully it will get better soon. This is a very unique situation and is not exactly easy to explain because of the complexity. We will survive regardless of any help that we receive, but these children need to be placed in front of EVERYTHING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 01:14 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,170,604 times
This was my reason to start smoking again, I guess I was weaker then I thought.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
This was my reason to start smoking again, I guess I was weaker then I thought.
I did stop smoking again, so I hope it is for good this time, it wasn't worth it. But it is very hard.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:31 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,639,707 times
Yorkie_mom call CASA. They are in every county.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:48 PM

QUOTE=zonababe;316913]Yorkie_mom call CASA. They are in every county.[/quote]

Call me stupid but what does CASA stand for? I will let my family know, I am sure they will say thank you. It helps to get feedback from others, thanks.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:15 AM

850 posts, read 3,157,774 times
Yorkie - the link below will get you to CASA. Take the information you have, all the documents, judgements, lawyer bills, etc. - to them. This is a great start.

http://www.nationalcasa.org/

When you are on the home page, at the 'About Us' is a contact page. Tell then where you are, and briefly what is going on and the time frame you are working with. There are phone numbers listed, too.

Hope it helps.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 785 times
Default Want custody

Im a grandmother who lives in Michigan and I have 2 grandkids who live in Rhode Island...one is 9 and the other is 6..my ex daughter in law has spent most of thier lives dumping them off with family members .she has mental health problems and at this moment has been in the houspital for several weeks.She dumped the kids off months ago..one with my daughter,one with my sister stating once again that she can not take care of them,she has another child..not my sons but that father has custody and she gave birth 2 weeks ago but a freind has that baby.My 9 yr old grandson has NEVER spent 1 yr in the same school,this yr alone hes been in 3 and is failing.Neither parent has been a parent to these kids and Im sick of it.My grandkids do not want to return to thier mother...they tell us that all she does is sleep all day and wont talk or spend time with them,my son is willing to go into court with me and request that I take the kids,IM far from rich but I can give them a stable,loving home which is what they need most.I can't afford a lawyer at the prices they ask and I need help.My son and I thought maybe we could do this on our own,does anyone have any ideas on what paper work we need,please any help...Id like to do this as soon as I can...what are our odds of a judge letting the kids move here...since Im thier only living grandparent I feel that if the kids are going to be left with family members then it should be ME...Thanks for listening N.Blair

Old 06-04-2007, 12:40 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
I dont have any real advise, but i will keep you all in my prayers that the Lord will work things out.

Whenever you think something is going on bad in your life, there is always something going on worse with someone else, I am so sorry this is happening to your family Yorkie

Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics