Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:47 AM

4,781 posts, read 2,082,641 times

Advertisements

Attachment 911

I am just practicing how to change the size of pictures. Sorry
about the picture!

Last edited by DBNN; 07-27-2007 at 01:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 12:29 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,338,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNN View Post
Attachment 911

I am just practicing how to change the size of pictures. Sorry
about the picture!
You just scared my youngest into good behavior!! (Don't worry - he's 24)
What is it about clowns that scare kids half to death????

Old 01-29-2007, 12:31 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,338,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5613/babytm4.jpg (broken link)

There...let's see you dump the trash over now!
So did she clean up her room? (LOLOLOLOL - too cute!)

Old 01-29-2007, 01:17 PM

502 posts, read 2,295,339 times
Parenting is definitely difficult. You have to have super powered patience. I've read the 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 by Dr. Thomas W. Phelan and I am so happy I've found this book.

Dr. Phelan's method does work like magic. Basically he believes in time outs but he shows you how to count down behavior consistently so that your child learns to stop negative behavior before getting to the count of 3. This method IF done right works wonders. The key is to keep your mouth shut and do nothing more then count and if they get to 3 it is time out no and ifs or buts. In my home, the minute I say "okay that's one". They stop.

By the way, Dr. Phelan describes his method on DVD for those of us that don't like to read.

Now my Parents on the other hand didn't have this book but they had the look which was in my opinion much more powerful. My dad never had to lay a finger on me but my mom did whack me every once in a while and I am happy she did because today I am one of the straightest people I know. The problem isn't with spanking it is with the person delivering the spanking some people loose control and the spanking becomes a beating which only causes more issues for that child. Today we are all paying the price for those parents that couldn't control their temper. A parent can't smack (no matter how lightly) a child's hand to stop them from hitting another child without people looking at you as if you are a monster beating the living daylights out of your child and then these are the same people that go home and whack their kids on their butt for doing something mediocre like drinking their Pepsi. Can anyone say HYPOCRITE?

Old 01-30-2007, 07:20 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,753,572 times
Isabella, that's a great book! It worked so well for me. Again, the methods have to be used consistently. I can still look at my kids and say "ONE,...." and they stop dead in their tracks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics