Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:58 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times

Advertisements

With all due respect to any "seniors" on City-Data, I'll start this thread by announcing my senior moment this evening:

Instead of reaching for a pot in which to cook Top Ramen, I got out a frying pan instead. Huh?!!

Now, someone else please contribute, or I'll be incredibly embarrassed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 03:20 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Default I'm such a dork...

Twice in my life...I've put the dang cearal box in the fridge and only caught myself when I went to put the milk in the cupboard!

Old 01-25-2007, 06:17 AM

986 posts, read 2,807,577 times
I am having a senior moment right know. I know I have had a million of those moments, but I can't think of any!!! I will have to get back to you!

Old 01-25-2007, 06:22 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Twice in my life...I've put the dang cearal box in the fridge and only caught myself when I went to put the milk in the cupboard!
I have to admit, I've done this as well! And, I'm not a senior; I'm only 45! Let's just tell everyone that we're distracted because we're so busy, and hopefully they'll buy that, (well, except for my kids. They'll just roll their eyes).

Old 01-25-2007, 06:31 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,691,909 times
I've gone out to the kitchen and then forget what I'm actually looking for!

And I'm only 26!

Old 01-25-2007, 06:36 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I've gone out to the kitchen and then forget what I'm actually looking for!

And I'm only 26!
Go back to where you originally had the thought, and it will come back to you. I do this all the time, (both the forgetting, and going back to point A, to remember what I just forgot! ). Have to say, makes me feel better, that you do this at 26! Guess I'm not too doddering, yet!

Old 01-25-2007, 08:31 AM

1,394 posts, read 4,170,775 times
I am very good at hiding things from myself, I tell myself where it will be when I want it, and then guess what, when I want it, I can't remember where it was that I put it. I am still trying to find all sorts of things!!! Well maybe they will all turn up when I start packing to move, I hope,LOL

Old 01-25-2007, 08:35 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,222,465 times
I'm afraid this forum is not big enough for my novel of "bloopers."

One time, my boss and I were discussing something that needed to be done, and I said, "Okay, I'll take care of it yesterday."

He looked at me, and we both burst out laughing.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:44 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times
I'm 32 and I've had numerous "senior moments" over the past several years. I continue to have them to this day. I've put keys in the fridge or even in the bathroom closet. I've left my cordless phone in probably every draw in my house at some point or another and still can't figure out where the sound is coming from when I hit that "page" button on the charger to find it. I've called people and while doing something else as the phone rings, forgot who I was calling, so when they've answered, I kind of just sat there or said something "Oh, wait, who is this?". I've actually called people and (to this day, I don't know why I would do this..) have asked for myself instead of them when they answered. I've sat on hold and began doing other things, forgot that I was on hold believe it or not, and got caught yelling at the kids or talking "sexy" to my husband when the person comes back on the line. For the past two years, I only know how old I am if I say it first, if someone asks me, I actually have to think about it for a minute (don't know why). I also have, almost on a daily basis, several of what I like to call my "dog moments". I can't even tell you how many times I've walked into a room and just stopped because I didn't know why I was in there. The only thing that helps me is to actually go back to where I came from and start over!!!!! My husband thinks there's something wrong with me (there probably is...I'll add it to my list of ailments that cause me lack of sleep) and last but not least I always "forget what I was going to say". Sometimes I think I didn't even have anything to say, I'm just so used to saying it.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:09 AM

8,937 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Well, since there is a Senior Menu at Denny's and IHOP that says,
"55 and over", I guess that means that the wife and I (me/57, wife/59) can be considered Seniors.
Anyway, with that out of the way:
I have done the "cereal in the frig, milk in the cupboard" thing before". What is so funny is, if my wife finds it that way!!
I remember, one time, started to put shaving cream on my toothbrush.....the container was bigger, but it was still a "push button" type of dispensing and I was HALF ASLEEP!
I use a number of "sticky notes" to remember to do things.
We make out a "grocery list" each week. Only problem, if it's not on the grocery list, a lot of times we don't remember to get something until we get home and say "it wasn't on the list, but we need it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics