Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 01:58 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times

Advertisements

Little Children !!!!

These are a few of my favorite things !!!! What are some of your favorites things ?

Sweet story from my life -

I live in a court full of young families and mainly young children. One little girl is around 7 yrs old and had brain cancer several years back and is still in treatment. I just love the neighbor kids and always try to remember to buy them little items and treats whenever I can. So many times they will come up on my large covered porch and swing on my hanging swing or ring the doorbell and ask me if I have anything for them !

Well, last night I was taking a shower and the dogs started barking and the doorbell rang and there was knocking too. Obviously, I couldn't answer and I've taught my pooches not to open the door either ! Later when I peeked out through the shade, I could see the little girl asleep on my hanging swing ! She is such a sweetheart and a brave little girl for what she has gone through and continues to go through . It is hard NOT to love her !

Blessings to all of you with little 'angels' in your midst !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 02:04 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Beautiful, HDL...

My favorite things are: Walking in the woods, listening to the waves against the rocks at our lake, the first snow of the season, seeing a deer, and my family!

Old 08-12-2008, 03:48 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Just beautiful HDL.

Favorite things-my grand-daughter's chuckle, my grandkids hugs and kisses, having children that always tell you they love you, the sounds of the ocean, cool breezes, smells of fall, Thanksgiving dinner.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:45 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
The most favorite is to go to the mountians a real secluded area where the only thing you hear is nature, I love to explore places I've never been.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:08 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
My favorite things? sunrises, sunsets, a good meal, laughs with friends, a baby when it laughs from its toes, my husband's smile.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:51 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
Most favorite things come and go. I loved the sound of the ocean when I was a kid. We don't have one in Illinois. Spring comes and goes every year. Ice fog is gone with a little warmth. The explosion of color every fall is fleeting. Even kids grow up and move on. With that as a back drop let me tell you about my most favorite thing.

She entered my life on 9/20/1967. A cute blond with an infectious smile. Long story, short by 9/20/1968 she had won my heart and I asked her to marry me. She said YES after making sure I understood that marriage was a forever commitment. On 9/20/1969 we became one. Through the years we have laughed and cried together. Sharing tears with someone you love makes hurt easier just as sharing laughter makes fun more enjoyable. That is why on 9/20/1971, when the Dr told me our daughter had died, right after birth, and Nancy as in ICU closer to death than life, I had the darkest day of my life. I burried our daughter alone and waited for her to get better. On Nov 2, 1988 I had a severe head injury and spent 5 days teetering on the edge of life and death. I know what she went through and would do anything to remove the memory of that pain. God has taken what started out as a blind date, 41 years ago, and turned it into two lives, living as one. When one of us laughs the does also. When one cries we both shed tears. This is why my wife, Nancy, is and always will be my favorite thing.

Last edited by studedude; 08-12-2008 at 07:47 PM..

Old 08-12-2008, 08:21 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Wow, and I was gonna say peanut m&ms...

Old 08-13-2008, 05:37 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,048 times
great thread, HDL! My favorite things are laughing with my very funny family, going to lunches with my mom, getting flowers & fruit trees to plant from my dad with a very green thumb, cooking Thanksgiving dinner with my mom (eating it is great, but cooking with her is even greater!), and running my own business. Oh and I totally forgot, tip-typeing away with you folks on city-data....and peanut m&m's...

Old 08-13-2008, 05:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Most favorite things come and go. I loved the sound of the ocean when I was a kid. We don't have one in Illinois. Spring comes and goes every year. Ice fog is gone with a little warmth. The explosion of color every fall is fleeting. Even kids grow up and move on. With that as a back drop let me tell you about my most favorite thing.

She entered my life on 9/20/1967. A cute blond with an infectious smile. Long story, short by 9/20/1968 she had won my heart and I asked her to marry me. She said YES after making sure I understood that marriage was a forever commitment. On 9/20/1969 we became one. Through the years we have laughed and cried together. Sharing tears with someone you love makes hurt easier just as sharing laughter makes fun more enjoyable. That is why on 9/20/1971, when the Dr told me our daughter had died, right after birth, and Nancy as in ICU closer to death than life, I had the darkest day of my life. I burried our daughter alone and waited for her to get better. On Nov 2, 1988 I had a severe head injury and spent 5 days teetering on the edge of life and death. I know what she went through and would do anything to remove the memory of that pain. God has taken what started out as a blind date, 41 years ago, and turned it into two lives, living as one. When one of us laughs the does also. When one cries we both shed tears. This is why my wife, Nancy, is and always will be my favorite thing.

Man, you ARE the dude. You are both very lucky to have found each other. You'd best go and hug that lady right now so I can wipe off my face and the keyboard and restore my dignity.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:50 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Man, you ARE the dude. You are both very lucky to have found each other. You'd best go and hug that lady right now so I can wipe off my face and the keyboard and restore my dignity.
We didn't find each other. God put us together. She is off to work. Only three more days until she retires and I don't have to wait to see her again when she comes home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics