Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:45 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
Ditto about the loved ones. I would spend every single second with my loved ones. I would write a note stating everything off the top of my head, that would help my husband out regarding the kids. You figure, for the last 11 years, I have taken care of evrey aspect for the children, and now for my husband to be a single father...if I know ahead of time of my death, I will make sure my husband will have a great grasp of what goes on in our children's lives.

I will make a videotape, directed at the children, so this way they can always watch it if they want to.

I would make sure I would have a H U G E family reunion and have dancing and drinks flowing...but I wouldn't get too drunk because I don't want to have a hangover to ruin my last day with my children...yuck, puking and dying no thank you.

I would hope to have my husband understand that no matter how much of a b&*^h I was to him....I always loved him and regret any moment that was negative.

I would organize all of the bill information, insurances...anything my husband would be in control of hte rest of his life...I would get it ready for him.
Um, Pixie, is that you???? You just said pretty much what I would've said, perfectly...thank you.

Ps. I'd also spend all my money and rack up some extra bills, then I'd tell my husband not to file in surrogate court so he wouldn't get stuck paying it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2007, 11:27 AM

592 posts, read 2,809,692 times
I'd hop into my brand new (frame up restoration) 1952 Willy's cj2a, pick up my wife, drive 150 miles and pick up my 16 year old son. We'd head west to Jackson Hole WY, where my boy was born, and enjoy every glorious sight between here and there. His only dream is to see where he was born and unfortunately the ex won't "allow" it. This was a great post, it made me think of one more "what if".

Old 01-31-2007, 11:43 AM

4,781 posts, read 2,083,032 times
Attachment 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
I'd hop into my brand new (frame up restoration) 1952 Willy's cj2a, pick up my wife, drive 150 miles and pick up my 16 year old son. We'd head west to Jackson Hole WY, where my boy was born, and enjoy every glorious sight between here and there. His only dream is to see where he was born and unfortunately the ex won't "allow" it. This was a great post, it made me think of one more "what if".
Looks beautiful in Wyoming ! I hope your son will get to see where he was born!

Last edited by DBNN; 07-27-2007 at 01:48 PM..

Old 01-31-2007, 11:44 AM

35 posts, read 159,239 times
Default 48 Hrs...I would...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNN View Post
48 Hours
2880 Minutes
How Would You Use Your Time?

...Have to watch T.V.!!! The series 24 for 2 days straight

And if I'm lucky I will pass on before I get into the re-runs

Bob

Old 02-01-2007, 06:21 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,775,681 times
1. Tell everyone in my life how I feel about them. (Which I already do)
2. Eat lots of chocolate & pizza (also already do)
3. Hug, kiss & have sex with my boyfriend (already do that too)
4. Listen to music. (do it everyday)
5. Make sure all my finances are in order. (working on it)

Old 02-01-2007, 07:56 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,933,932 times
I'd be much more forgiving of radio stations that played shortened versions of Light My Fire and Inna Gadda Da Vida.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:14 AM

291 posts, read 1,360,898 times
I would keep living as we are now, spending all the time I can with my family and enjoying life...I would also refuse to believe that I was dying, and beat the odds.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:22 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,113,260 times
I'd buy two Amtrak tickets, load the car with a case of Champagne, then drive to PA to pick up my daughter and see how far we could get (via train) in two days.

We have a cross-country train trip (we both have a "thing" for trains) planned for her graduation. If I ~knew~ I wasn't going to be around that long, we'd just bump plans up a bit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics