Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 06:16 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times

Advertisements

I can understand where this individual is coming from who wrote that obituary because the obituary that was written could very well have been that of my mother, I could very well have been the person that wrote that obituary, so pretty much speaking from first-hand knowledge I may know more of what this individual's feelings were then some of you and that's merely guessing, I can only speak from my own feelings having read that obituary. I can see the frustration and the hurt feelings and the disillusionment that was put into this obituary, I have first-hand knowledge of that and I can understand the courage it took to write that and have it published and I don't drink and I have never done drugs and neither have any of my siblings. So yeah, some people may think that it was heartless and not very wise for this individual to do what they did, but look at it from their viewpoint it could've been a lot worse, believe me I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 07:07 PM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,083 times
But I would have to ask this. Did that obit actually help anyone over the past hurts? Does it give anything positive at all to anyone in the family that lived their lives under that ladies stronghold? I ask because I have not suffered that type of a life myself. So therefore I Do Not Understand how it could cause anyone to feel better. Is there any permanant and positive satisfaction in it?

Old 08-21-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-rose View Post
But I would have to ask this. Did that obit actually help anyone over the past hurts? Does it give anything positive at all to anyone in the family that lived their lives under that ladies stronghold? I ask because I have not suffered that type of a life myself. So therefore I Do Not Understand how it could cause anyone to feel better. Is there any permanant and positive satisfaction in it?
No,I do not see it helping anyone get over the past, that is something that each individual has to deal with in their own way, basically what I see is the release of frustration and anger over what was done to them, mind you this was not just one individual's decision to do this, I would imagine that all of the siblings had a hand in what was to be written and printed and maybe it was their way of getting their final say and that I can understand.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:23 PM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,083 times
Thank You ptsum. So therefore that would actually start a healing process, which in the long run for the indivuduals would be a good thing then.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:40 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
Quote:
Thank You ptsum. So therefore that would actually start a healing process, which in the long run for the indivuduals would be a good thing then.
Which, when the obit is looked at years down the road, might also cause the wound to open anew, no?

Old 08-21-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, I guess one could look at it that way and hopefully it will start the healing process.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:07 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Lightbulb A lot about nothing! ;-)

According to the “link” it takes you to one of hundreds of websites online that are talking about this obituary. Notice in the article that they say it’s from the Times – Herald newspaper serving Solana and Napa Counties. If you click the newspaper name as a link and check the paper online – you’ll see that the obituary for her death does not exist, try checking for any date and her name isn’t there. My opinion for what it’s worth, this website and others like it are the being of an urban legend, and we’ve all been duped.

Obituaries - Vallejo Times Herald

Dolores Aguilar fails to be found in any of the obituary searches.

Me thinks a hoax has been played upon the country and we’ve all be had.

If you actually find the obituary in print online for this or any newspaper please provide the link. However I can’t find anyplace “newspaper” that has it, just a lot of websites that repeat the hoax.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:18 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
Good post, Ak, but Snopes seems to think it's the real deal...

snopes.com: Dolores Aguilar Obituary

Old 08-21-2008, 09:38 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Which, when the obit is looked at years down the road, might also cause the wound to open anew, no?
Or maybe in the not too distant future, she will regret writing that altogether.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:39 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Thumbs up Thanks Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Good post, Ak, but Snopes seems to think it's the real deal...

snopes.com: Dolores Aguilar Obituary
Thanks Phil for checking Snopes,,,, I didn't think of it.

I noticed that Snopes was last updated on the 21 Aug. 2008. I won’t argue with Snopes however as I said in the post,,,, they (newspaper) don’t have it listed in the obituary ~ I now wonder why? I did check the country recorder online to see if there was an online death certificate as well, however they don’t post them for view by everyone. You have to order a copy of it and only if you are a family member.

Interesting,,,,,,,, I guess I have to write mine out now ~ and not leave it up to Mrs Aks to compose! Who knows what she’ll tell everyone. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics