Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 08:20 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,080 times

Advertisements

Good morning Karla....Well, as it has been doing for the past couple of days, raining, I won't be doing too much outdoor work.

Probably will be taking down ds's bed and putting it into our rental. His bed, a full size one, is supposed to be here this afternoon. He has grown so much he said he outgrew his twin bed, so I got him a larger one!

After that, maybe some housework. It's been raining off and on for several days here, and the really fun part of the equation is there has been no tropical system for our rain! We are supposed to be getting what is left of Fay by Sunday evening or Monday morning, so no long range plans for us as it has been just too wet! ukky....

Happy Saturday to all, and hope you get to enjoy it.

Wonder why they planned those one way streets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 08:31 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,101 times
Quote:
Todays Question:

So whatcha gonna do today ?

and for those that log on later

What did you do today ?

See a nice and easy question

Today is another day of relaxing on the couch, watching TV, Cross Stitching and playing on CDF.

Maybe if I feel up to it a quick visit to the porch to get some sunshine.

Hope you dry out soon Karla!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:46 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Three digit day here + sunshine = swimming pool! Yeah!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:47 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,783 times
I have started baking today so I guess that means most of my day will involve the kitchen. Still have 2 more loaves of bread, brownies, and 4 dozen cookies to make...not sure what else yet; it will come to me.

You all have a wonderful day and enjoy your weekend!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:54 AM

536 posts, read 1,109,081 times
crazy day...two birthday parties to attend this weekend...i have things to make...things wrap...normal saturday things that need to be done and i plan on doing one thing at a time and not stressing out....well anyway that's the plan

Old 08-23-2008, 08:59 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,672,964 times
No rest for the weary. One of the things Mrs Dude brought home on her last day of work is a small (dorm size) refrigerator. She kept drinks, lunches etc in her office. Since we have a fridge in the kitchen and the garage the only logical place for it is the master suite. You would think just putting a refrigerator in the bedroom would be enough. Not here. It has to look right. In fact looking right is more important than if it works. I have to build a box to put under it and elevate it to the same level as the desk top. Than we can move the microwave (also in the master suite) from the desk to the top of the fridge. It sounds like an all day project.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:27 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
I am going to do the usual: Vacuum the entire house, wash any unwashed clothes and wipe up any dirty places, sweep the patio and rearrange the patio furniture, and hopefully go to sleep early. That has been difficult lately. I get a stuffy nose this time of year and it is hard to go to sleep when you are not breathing well. I will probably cook two meals for Mr. VA. I have already had enough for the entire day. I cooked biscuits and had molasses and butter on them. Yum! Yum! Molasses came from Kentucky.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:29 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
Well, now that we have internet going here again Im gonna try to catch up in the forum, see whatever fun I may have missed all week.
Since our move last weekend its been total chaos, one catastrophe after another. But we FINALLY got the cable going (right) and after 2 visits from the cable co, the internet is now working.
So.....Im gonna spend a little time in here this morning, take the kids out for a very short while before leaving for work, and then need to be at work at 2. Thats the extent of my 'fun' weekend, lol.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:39 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
So whatcha gonna do today ? Well it's my days off, I should be relaxing but I'm at work making OT.

and for those that log on later

What did you do today ? Worked

Old 08-23-2008, 10:45 AM

24,463 posts, read 25,995,249 times
So whatcha gonna do today ?
Well to start, I'm gonna change the cabin air filter and air filter in the car. Then we will see what develops.

Dinner out for my daughters birthday tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics