U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 08:15 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,425,774 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday
Yay fay is finally "outta here" the sun is actually shinning !!!!!
She was the weirdest storm, I don't think there was anywhere in FL that she didn't visit
I have to thank everyone for all of the good wishes they sent to all of us here in FL
Sending them now to those folks in the panhandle are that Fay is now visiting
After being stuck in the house for 3 days
OK I think we need a easy

Todays Question:

So whatcha gonna do today ?

and for those that log on later

What did you do today ?

See a nice and easy question

Today in history:
August 23,0079 - Mount Vesuvius begins stirring, on the feast day of Vulcan, the Roman god of fire.
August 23, 1617 1st one-way streets open (London)
August 23, 1869 1st carload of freight (boots and shoes) arrives in SF, from Boston
August 23, 1904 - The automobile tire chain is patented.

Word of the day
:
foment \foh-MENT; FOH-ment\, transitive verb:
1. To nurse to life or activity; to incite; to abet; to instigate; -- often in a bad sense.

Today is :
National Sponge Cake Day
it is also
National Singing in the Rain Day
and
National Gymnastics Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 08:20 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,460,643 times
Today is going to be housework day. Then outdoors and some weeding. Although right now is a nice 70 degrees got the windows open, maybe I should get outside get the weeding and yard cleanup done, then come in and do the housework.
Ahhh heck, I'll have another cup of coffeee and maybe I'll figure it out.

Easy Question yes...Getting my starting point figured out???? Oh well

Old 08-23-2008, 08:45 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,679 posts, read 16,777,190 times
I don't know what we're doing. I'd like to get out of the house for a bit sometime today. I made a nice banana bread, and it should be done in a few minutes. I'd like to do some dusting before Disney comes over to steal the dust for their Haunted Mansion again. Gawd, I hate when they do that! I wonder who turns me in???

National Singing in the Rain Day?? You've got to be kidding, Karla.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:47 AM

16,187 posts, read 20,200,340 times
Saturdays are yard sale days! Yay!! At least until 11 a.m. or so, another hot one in Grand Jct., forecast high 93. SHEESH!! Later in the day -AAACHOO!-time to pull weeds before I get another weed citation from the city. Take a few allegra -AAACHOO! and start yanking 'em out. Am happy that Fay is finally out of Florida!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:48 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,812,126 times
Todays Question: So whatcha gonna do today?

I've had a very bad week with a family "crisis" that seems to have calmed down, but certainly not resolved. As long as it stays quiet, I'm going to catch up on my CD reading and posting (which I've done much of already), do a little home clean-up as much has been neglected, resume some of my home repair work and maybe even a little fitness walking later if I feel up to it.

By the way, while I've spent much less time online this week than normal, I have derived much comfort from visiting three threads on CD. They are Happy Hour where I have wonderful supportive friends, Daily Exercise Journal where my workout buddies chat, and Karla's Question of the Day where I enjoy answering the questions and hopefully bringing a smile to the faces of those who read my stuff. Visiting these three threads are part of what I did this past week to feel "business as usual" in a week that was certainly anything but. So thank you all for your contributions to City Data. You bring a sense of comfort and you might not even realize it.

National Singing in the Rain Day

OK. So much for sentiment. How the heck am I supposed to celebrate Singing in the Rain day when it's bright and sunny in the Hudson Valley this morning? I guess I'll just have to have TWO helpings of sponge cake to compensate!

Charley

Old 08-23-2008, 08:53 AM

Well, no Sponge Cake, but the Banana Bread's out of the oven. Coffee's on. C'mon over, everybody!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:53 AM

1,821 posts, read 4,539,232 times
Hope it gets resovled Charley.

The plan for today is to go a couple hours west to the small town of Culbertson, Ne for a family reunion on my wifes side. Reunions are not the most exciting things to me, but hey there will be good food! Have a happy Saturday.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:07 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,046,369 times
Good Morning to All!!

Glad to hear Fay is out of the way!!! She sure left a lot of water for you folks back there.
Really am glad to hear all our CD friends are all safe there in Fl now and it is over! Now to keep others in prayer that are in her path... She is just one drippy lady!!!
Typical Saturday.... cleaning and then goofing around after chores are done!! It suppose to be in the 3 digit today and don't know if I want to be outside in it...that is just to hot for me!!
Hope and pray things start turning around for you, Charley!! Like they say were one big family here and so just that you know, your in our thoughts here in Calif. today!!

Old 08-23-2008, 09:09 AM

15,596 posts, read 34,577,616 times
I did nothing all night but watch tv. It's foggy as heck here and even iced up last night! I feel the first snow is not long to come here on the northern coast of Alaska. Sigh...

Glad you made it through the storm! Did you even lose power or anything?

Old 08-23-2008, 09:16 AM

Hey, Rance! Only 3 more days till your lovely bride to be arrives. How nervous are you??? Seriously, I wish you both all the happiness in the world. And to start it off with having a friend like Karla do the ceremony. That's terrific.

Enjoy life, my friend. You and Sweden deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics