Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:26 AM

367 posts, read 695,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday
Wow the week is almost over it is almost the weekend
I'm a little sleepy this morning lol I just had to stay up to finish the book I was reading, so I have only myself, well and the book, to blame

While researching the "today is" stuff I saw it is National Dream day so I though this would be a perfect subject for

Todays Question:

Do you remember your dreams ?

Bonus Question:

Do you dream in color or B/W ?

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever woken up in the middle of a dream and wish you could go back to sleep to finish the dream ?

Today in History:
August 28, 1565 Oldest city in the U.S., St. Augustine Fla, established
August 28, 1830 1st locomotive in U.S., "Tom Thumb," runs from Balt to Ellicotts Mill
August 28, 1907 United Parcel Service begins service, in Seattle - hmmm wonder if they used big brown horse drawn carriages
August 28, 1973 "Monster Mash" goes gold - yup I have this record

Word of the day:
chthonic
\THONE-ik\, adjective:
Dwelling in or under the earth; also, pertaining to the underworld

Today is:
National Cherry Turnover Day
and
National Bow Tie Day
it is also
National Dream Day
and don't forget
Race Your Mouse Around the Icons Day !!!!!
Karla, do you REALLY want me to answer this question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 08:26 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Some dreams, I remember, some I forget within seconds of awakening..I dream in color.. In the dreams I remember, I am in control of what happens, almost like I am the the director Some dreams are so compeling that I have never forgotten them..Some of my dreams actually seem to come true..Those seem to be the ones involved with my own health..Last night I dreamed of my parents who have been gone since 1989 and 1993..

Old 08-28-2008, 08:29 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
To sleep per chance to dream, ah the there's the rub.
I love to dream, I dream in full technicolor.
The most vivid dreams I had was when I was on an anti smoking patch.
I hate to wake up during the best part of a dream, I can never go back to it. It happens way too often.
Here's another fun fact about me and my dreams. I talk in my sleep.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:40 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
I don't think I have ever been one that remembered my dreams a lot. I have heard that dreams are the minds way of unloading unnecessary data just like cleaning out a computer. Since I don't have a lot in there lately, maybe that is why I don't dream a lot.

So I will tell you a childhood story. Everybody would get up discussing what they had dreamed the night before. I felt a little left out so once when I was asked what I dreamed, I said, "I dreamed that a cow bited me and I bited it." This got so much attention that it became my dream every time I was asked. Yes, it is damaging being the youngest sibling.

Sometimes things you think are dreams turn out not to be. I woke up in a timeshare in Sapphire Valley and saw a man in the hallway of our condo. I screamed and Mr. VA searched the entire condo to see any signs of foul play. He told me I had just dreamed it. Not! The next morning he told me I had seen a ghost and he saw it too later that night. Luckily we were already planning to leave that day since the week was up or we would have left anyway. I love Sapphire Valley but that was a bit too much.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:41 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,101 times
Quote:
Todays Question:

Do you remember your dreams ?

Bonus Question:

Do you dream in color or B/W ?

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever woken up in the middle of a dream and wish you could go back to sleep to finish the dream ?

I remember most of my dreams, even the freaky ones I wish I could forget. A lot are very vivid. I especially wish I could forget some of the recurring nightmares.

I dream in color.

If it was a nice dream I wish I could go back and finish it. THe worst part is sometimes I'll wake in the middle of a night mare and when I fall asleep again go right back into it (kinda like pausing a movie then hitting play again.)

Sometimes the dreams I have come true in real life a few months to a year after I dream them and that is really freaky as well.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:43 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
I remember most of my dreams (sometimes I wish I didn't!), and always dream in color.

I can usually go back to sleep and continue the same dream.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:45 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
I day-dream a lot. does that count? Also, can I answer this question later? I'm dreaming right now...

I do remember some dreams the next day, and I think they were in color... if not, I'll have to adjust the color and tint the next time..

If I woke up in the middle of a dream, the only thing I would wish for.. or dream about, is going back to sleep, I don't care if I continue with the dream sequel... but at least it'll also give me a chance to get a popcorn if I continue the dream.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:52 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
Sometimes I can remember the ones I dont want to remember, but the ones that might be more worth remembering, it seems if I dont write them down right away, will forget right away. Sometimes I look them up too, in a dream dictionary, wow, they are pretty accurate!

Old 08-28-2008, 09:00 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,783 times
~~~~~I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!

Yes I almost always remember my dreams and they are always in color.

They are sometimes so vivid, that I thought they were really happening.

There have been a few times when I wished I could go back to sleep and finish my dream. And on occasion I have awakened and gone back to sleep to the same dream being completed.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:11 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Seldom remember any dreams but if I do, they’re usually in b&w with a poor camera and lousy sound. If I am dreaming and wakeup I always want to return to sleep and finish the dream, I hate to leave things unfinished.

I’ve never had any academy award dreams yet, nor any good actors ~ mostly friends and family and they don’t do a very good job. Maybe I need better mushrooms, or different friends?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics