Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:44 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:
Is there a place that you frequent so often that when you walk in they know you by name or say "will it be the usual" Yes, a nearby mom and pop restaruant.

In honor of one of the "Today is" Extra Credit Question:
Have you ever been on a bowling league ? Yes, did for about 25 years. Can't now cuz of torn rotor cup damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 03:53 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,612,432 times
Today's Question:

Is there a place that you frequent so often that when you walk in they know you by name or say "will it be the usual"
Several places, also had a barmaid get in an arguement with my girlfriend over what drink I was having. I decided to let someone else drive that night. I normally would have 2 beers, then drink diet coke the next four hrs. Since my girlfriend was going to drive, I opted for a third beer. When she went to buy the beer the barmaid refused to sell her one. Claiming that I always had only two. My girlfriend was furious. I had to go after my own beer!

In honor of one of the "Today is" Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever been on a bowling league ?
Never!! I'm such a klutz I don't need extra ways to injure myself!! I only attempted bowling once in my life!!

Old 09-03-2008, 04:39 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioclown View Post
I live there until about a month ago when my wife's company sent us to Jacksonville, FL. I love it here and will not miss the snow!!!
Well, welcome to FL. We've been here just one year and didn't miss the snow, even at Christmas! Best of luck.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:21 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Nope, I don't go any where often enough where they know me.

Roaddog doesn't do Bowling

Old 09-03-2008, 10:06 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
When we go to the Olive Garden on Independence Blvd. in Charlotte, the receptionist knows us by face but not by name. She is not the one that takes our order, but I am sure the wait staff there knows that we can really put the salad away. We order dressing on the side, so we won't get too much fat. Love those rolls too.

When I still had only one child a friend talked me into going to North 29 Lanes in Charlotte for bowling lessons with free babysitting. The lessons were free and a Mother's Morning Out League came right after the lessons with free babysitting also. My daughter loved to get to play with all the other children. It was so much fun, but I don't have the killer instinct I saw on some leagues. However, our team with two new bowlers and a big handicap took the first place trophy. I bowled a 208 with a 10 pound ball for the championship game. We bowled a split season with the winners from the first half playing the winners from the second half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics