Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:09 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times

Advertisements

What is your favorite Vegetable ?
Spinich, but I really like most veggies.

What is the one (or two) veggies you never ever want to see on your plate?
I'm with Ron it's gotta be BEETS.

Is there a veggie you won't eat, but dip it in batter and the fryer and "well what do you know" it is not so bad ?
Like a lot of tempura cooked veggies, bit not BEETS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 11:13 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Nummies:
Snow peas fresh from the vine
Green beans the same
Broccoli
Raw spinach
Sauerkraut (does that count?)
Carrots
Celery
Corn on the cob

How many do I get to choose? I forgot. And I think I forgot a few.

No-no's:
Cooked spinach
Asparagus
Zucchini - how does anyone actually enjoy this stuff?
Okra unless it's cooked correctly
Anything slimy (see above for reference)

I was late for getting up this morning! I've doing the insomnia bit again. It hasn't been this bad in years so I finally took 1/2 of a Walsom Wednesday night (did no good at all) and another last night. Actually got a nights rest and slept until almost 9:00!

I am still goofy from the pill. Those things really mess with me. I learned quickly to not take a whole one. I always cut them in half.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:18 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
LOVE: tomatoes (or are they a fruit?), potatoes, lettuce, eggplant, broc, green beans, just about *all* vegies

HATE: Brussels sprouts

Old 09-05-2008, 11:21 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Corn! I'm shocked. Who ever would have figured you to be the corny type?

Oh wait a minute ... maybe that's appropriate!
LOL.. well I used to love Corn Flakes when I was a kid, and based on the old saying "You are what you eat", that might explain why I'm corny AND Flakey...

Old 09-05-2008, 11:26 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. well I used to love Corn Flakes when I was a kid, and based on the old saying "You are what you eat", that might explain why I'm corny AND Flakey...
When I was a kid, it was toasted corn muffins, toasted English muffins, toasted bagels, etc ... which probably explains why I often feel toasted!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:31 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Vegetables,,,,,, how about one thin sliced tomato on a bun with a ½ lb of bbq hamburger on top of it, maybe a piece of lettuce ~ oh,, and potato chips are my favorite veggies.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,925 times
What is your favorite Vegetable? I'd have to go with cauliflower. Safe to think that tomatoes and avocado are fruits, right? Since they have seeds.

Please... no more cooked carrots! Raw carrots are fine, but when ya cook 'em and make 'em mushy...gah! Now I might revise this when I get old and lose all my teeth.

Is there a veggie you won't eat, but dip it in batter and the fryer and "well what do you know" it is not so bad ? I never eat onions... except for onion rings. I blame it on an experience with homemade potato salad once. I took a spoonful and when I began eating it I discovered it was nothing but onion. Had to be polite and eat it and I haven't eatin' onion on anything since. But onion rings... Mmmm. Oh... and the cheap kind, not the beer battered kind. They gotta have those little crunchy morsels on the outside! And when I make homemade onion rings, I dip them in pancake mix! Best onion rings ever!

Old 09-05-2008, 12:06 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
It really surprises me that anyone can condemn a vegetable just because they do not like it !!!!
You got a better reason?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:30 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
wow so many veggie lovers out there
well lol see by me not eating them it leaves more for you guys !!!!!

What is your favorite Vegetable?
lets see I love potato's and corn and carrots and corn (yeah carbaholic here)

the list is endless but pretty much anything green won't be seen (ha ha) on my plate

Is there a veggie you won't eat, but dip it in batter and the fryer and "well what do you know" it is not so bad ?
ok I had fried zucchini once it was a 2 food

Mr Karla will eat any veggie except Brussels Sprouts I think it goes back to when he was a kid and his mom would make him eat them

Old 09-05-2008, 12:44 PM

10,176 posts, read 11,159,885 times
What is your favorite Vegetable ?
Corn, Peas

Bonus Question:

Any kind of bean

Extra Credit Question:
Is there a veggie you won't eat, but dip it in batter and the fryer and "well what do you know" it is not so bad ? Nope...I'm picky!!!! Even battered, I know it's underneath the coating somewhere!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics