Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 06:55 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,040,618 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
I am late this morning because I slept till 7 then kept getting "timed out" and "connection issue" when I tried to get into C-D
So I though hmmmm I can go ahead and get everything all researched and type it on a email so that when my computer "cooperates" I will have everything ready to go

When I saw it was "video game day" I got to thinking, were you maybe a "pong-er" way back when or has your solitaire gone from cards to online.
Were you on a first name basis with pac man or sonic or do you have a mysterious character that you take in to battle in one of those online "fantasy" games
I just knew this had to become the subject for

Today's Question:

Have you ever played a video or computer game(s)

Bonus Question:

Have you every gotten so involved while playing that you forgot to do something?

Extra Credit Question :

Have the words "I am going to throw that thing out" every been uttered in your presence ?

Today in History:
September 12, 1624 1st submarine tested (London)
September 12, 1910 World's 1st female cop appointed (LAPD)
September 12, 1940 4 teens, following their dog down a hole near Lascaux France discover 17,000-year-old drawings now known as Lascaux Cave Paintings
September 12, 1970 1st Concorde lands at Heathrow airport

Word of the Day:
quixotic
\kwik-SOT-ik\, adjective:
1. Caught up in the romance of noble deeds and the pursuit of unreachable goals; foolishly impractical especially in the pursuit of ideals.
2. Capricious; impulsive; unpredictable.

Today is :
National Chocolate Milkshake Day
and
National Video Games Day
it is also
National Policewoman Day

Our very own Charley's birthday Happy birthday Charley !!!!!

Last edited by FLPL75; 09-12-2008 at 07:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 07:06 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,015,342 times
Today in History:

And I know one thing about today in history that even Karla didn't know! Today is my birthday! And now that I know it's National Chocolate Milkshake Day, that's TWO good reasons for me to celebrate!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:11 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,791,780 times
Happy Birthday Charley!!!!! Let's all raise our glasses filled with chocolate milkshakes to Charley today!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:17 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,451,549 times
sure. i have been playing video games ever since super mario bros.
but the one that really got to me was the Sims. the first time i played it, i sat there for 5 hours. i didnt even realize how fast the time went by until i looked out the window and the sun had gone down!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:20 AM

18,172 posts, read 25,721,287 times
Happy B-Day to Charlie!!!!!! YESSS!!!!!!! I'm going to have a humoungous chocolate milk shake in honor of! OOPS! I can at least answer one of the questions anyway. Not a video guy but have played a video game or two with my friend who lives near Albuquerque. He continuously has to teach me how all that stuff works. I'm stuck in the 19th century-I'm an album and 45 guy but I can turn albums and 45's over on my turntable and not scratch the vinyl! WooHoo!!!!! Everybody have a WooHoo weekend!!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:45 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,665,364 times
Yes, I have and do. I go to the games and trivia forum here all the time.
I remember playing Zelda all the time with my son and I never did conquer that game.

Have you every gotten so involved while playing that you forgot to do something?
I have and what's awful is forgetting an appointment ......... but I do it more when I'm on Citi-Data... especially when I'm preparing dinner.. have burnt a few things..

Have the words "I am going to throw that thing out" every been uttered in your presence ? LOL... and the dare thing still manages to hang around.

Would you believe I'm not a real chocolate shake, milk anything chocolate drinker!!!

National Policewoman Day:
This is cool! I don't know how these women do it! I truly respect them for their courage....

..........CHARLEY!!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:45 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,671,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Happy Birthday Charley!!!!! Let's all raise our glasses filled with chocolate milkshakes to Charley today!!!
Here Here and Cheers to our Birthday Friend.

Yes I played video games, Loved Sonic the hedghog and my kids whooped me every time.

I play match 3 games and hidden object games on PC almost everyday.

Yes I reach a point that I do not want to have to tear myself off of the puter, but my (4 legged furry daughter) Moli whines and wimpers for her supper and makes me feel like a bad mommy. By that time my knees are frozen in pain and I walk down the stairs like Fred Sanford.

No way has that been said...to busy with talking outloud and determined to conqur that which would tempt the best into throwing anything.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:50 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,225,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Today in History:

And I know one thing about today in history that even Karla didn't know! Today is my birthday! And now that I know it's National Chocolate Milkshake Day, that's TWO good reasons for me to celebrate!
Happy Birthday, Charley!!!!

Yes, I have played video games. No, I have not gotten so involved in it I forgot to do something. Unlike with "foruming!"

Old 09-12-2008, 07:57 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,015,342 times
Thank you everyone.

Of course. I love Tetris, Freecell and a variety of other computer based games.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:03 AM

3,087 posts, read 1,074,084 times
We had a pong game when it first came out and I used to play some games,did the sonic thing and all but it has been years since I've played any.

Now C-D is my biggest consumer of time

Have a shake on me Charley,have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics