Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 10:01 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times

Advertisements

I really don't want to start something that could lead to 'problems'--too many strange and perverted things going on in the nation/world.

Some forums had to put discussions of 'Crime' in a restricted area and I completely understand --if a Moderator feels that is best for the forum--delete/move my threads/posts. I have --'esoteric' interests it seems.

~~~~~~
This case interests me.

An administrative assistant for Coca Cola was recently/last week convicted of fraud/conspiracy --selling top level Coke documents to Pepsi--that was the plan--Pepsi contacted Coke and the state took the case.

After the guilty verdict--Friday afternoon--the woman was released on bond--awaiting sentencing--that evening her apt and others in her building caught on fire. After an investigation--the fire was deemed 'Accidental'. Started by a candle too near some curtains.

Now the DA?--state wants to revoke her bond--flight risk.

Here is the link:
from AJC/Atlanta Journal and Constitution 2-06-07
>>>>>>
http://tinyurl.com/2hrs6o (broken link)

~~~ --(I would be too nervous to try something like this..) It is very bold to think of stealing form Coke. Very protective of its secrets, as most corporations are. (Never worked in the corporate sector--or not extensively--I find it 'Curious'. Apparently those who work for corporations learn that 'Loose Lips Sink Ships'--very early or they don't last long with the Company. Private people...out of necessity.)

Just read that Gorbachev is asking Bill Gates to be lenient with a teacher accused of stealing --Piracy of Microsoft products. In a remote village school in Russia...

Corporations are ever vigilant.

sls

Last edited by TakeAhike; 02-06-2007 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 10:04 AM

Question Microsoft Case/Gorbachev

Gorbachev Ask Gates to Show Mercy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here>>>
http://tinyurl.com/2tyr6f (broken link)

A teacher in Russia used pirated MS software in a remote village school.

Microsoft must be taking legal action and Gorbachev has interceded on the teacher's behalf.

Who knows what MS will do?

I didn't find a timeline of how the teacher was apprehended--that must have been some investigation from Seattle to a remote village in Russia.

sls

Old 02-06-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Maine

'Man Sued for Downloading 5 Songs'

Here>>
http://tinyurl.com/yruygt (broken link)

Moderator cut: copyright

Last edited by Marka; 12-19-2007 at 05:08 AM..

Old 02-06-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Posted this here --doesn't fit other forums

I try to keep up with the World--as I can.

Serious problems in Zimbabwe---

'White Farmers to be Jailed --Deadline to Leave Land'

Here>>>
http://tinyurl.com/226gqk (broken link)

Moderator cut: copyright

Last edited by Marka; 12-19-2007 at 05:09 AM..

Old 02-06-2007, 12:28 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,355 times
I read the Coke one, but I don't know why Pepsi would have to buy secrets... I think Pepsi is better... When I drink soda, which I normally don't.

But it's all a matter of taste!

Old 02-06-2007, 12:41 PM

Question Pepsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
I read the Coke one, but I don't know why Pepsi would have to buy secrets... I think Pepsi is better... When I drink soda, which I normally don't.

But it's all a matter of taste!
LOL--

We drink only Coke here--dontya know.

Pepsi--Dr. Pepper--that stuff is not good for you.

Some John Grisham type of poster will have to add comments--->

as to why anyone thought they could get an executive of Pepsico to be stupid enough to enter into a conspiracy to buy secrets from Coke.

3 foolish and I suppose greedy people

The burning of the apartment complex really bothers me--'A danger to herself and others'--if she was so upset---that she didn't notice a candle burning down her curtains...

Fast pace life in this big city. A good moral lesson. Be content with what you have. Happens too much--people get caught in the 'Web'.

sad.

Maybe a good story for a cable channel movie?

sls

Old 02-06-2007, 12:51 PM

Default John Grisham/Innocent Man

Sometimes I wish I could email John and ask his opinion. (Heard enough from Greta and Nancy Grace).

Grisham's New Book>>> 'The Innocent Man'--2006

Here>>
http://tinyurl.com/yutnqr (broken link)

From the Publisher:
http://tinyurl.com/2eqot9 (broken link)

John Grisham's first work of nonfiction, an exploration of small town justice gone terribly awry, is his most extraordinary legal thriller yet.
In the major league draft of 1971, the first player chosen from the State of Oklahoma was Ron Williamson. When he signed with the Oakland A's, he said goodbye to his hometown of Ada and left to pursue his dreams of big league glory.

Six years later he was back, his dreams broken by a bad arm and bad habits drinking, drugs, and women. He began to show signs of mental illness. Unable to keep a job, he moved in with his mother and slept twenty hours a day on her sofa.

In 1982, a 21-year-old cocktail waitress in Ada named Debra Sue Carter was raped and murdered, and for five years the police could not solve the crime. For reasons that were never clear, they suspected Ron Williamson and his friend Dennis Fritz. The two were finally arrested in 1987 and charged with capital murder. With no physical evidence, the prosecution’s case was built on junk science and the testimony of jailhouse snitches and convicts. Dennis Fritz was found guilty and given a life sentence. Ron Williamson was sent to death row.

If you believe that in America you are innocent until proven guilty, this book will shock you. If you believe in the death penalty, this book will disturb you. If you believe the criminal justice system is fair, this book will infuriate you.

<snip>

Old 02-06-2007, 12:56 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,355 times
Haha, i've been to places that have only Pepsi and no matter what people will say... Gimme a coke. And they get a pepsi and drink it.. It's like.. wait what?

But I only drink the diet caffeine free kind of pepsi, so it's just basically flavored water.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:24 PM

Default I like a variety

Now I like a soft drink that I find at a health food store.

Must be made with better water---I feel better after drinking this brand.

Cherry, ginger ale, grape, raspberry, citrus, mango--love mango and those tastes.

The soft drink industry--must be cut throat--always having to stay one up--constantly researching the demographics for the next flavor.

If I were to be involved with the soft drink industry--I would want to work at the 'CIA'. Culinary Institute of America.
LOL--CIA in NYC--Good times from the google articles I have read. Chefs that know what they are doing...

I would hate to know how many lbs of sugar I have ingested. soft drinks--any and all --pure sugar--unless you opt for diet... I do now. Health issues require it

The mango/papaya--lite fruit drinks are better--herbal tea better still and water best of all.

sls

Old 02-06-2007, 09:49 PM

5,764 posts, read 11,373,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs119 View Post
Sometimes I wish I could email John and ask his opinion. (Heard enough from Greta and Nancy Grace).
Grisham's New Book>>> 'The Innocent Man'--2006
I have read all of Grisham's books shortly after they were released in paperback, usually in an almost non-stop page turning feast. This new one sounds pretty good, but I wonder if it will give me that same nitty gritty feel of his fictional subjects from the deep south.
Greta and Nancy Grace are too much for me. Can't handle their mode of questioning people about all the obscure details involving these media sensationalized crime cases. They were probably in an all out tabloid style frenzy today about the astronaut woman who drove from FL to TX to beat up some other ladyfriend of her astronaut-lover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics