Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 12:53 AM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,147 times

Advertisements

Went in a house one day old guy lived there he had stacks of playboy magazines about four feet high throughout the entire house to were it was nothing but paths going from room to room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 01:03 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Sunny I think she used the Tuba as a potty....lol

Old 09-23-2008, 05:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Sunny I think she used the Tuba as a potty....lol
thank you ..... Lord sapphire-rose least you got to party like a rock star

Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 AM

973 posts, read 3,303,836 times
I have a friend who collects anything with an elephant on it. I knew she liked this stuff but didn't realize it was more of an obsession with her till I visited her house for the first time. Holy cow!!! Every surface in the house was covered with these statues, pictures, keychains, etc....Anything with an elephant on it. The walls were smothered with pictures of elephants. You couldn't sit down without moving a pile of junk, I mean collectibles.
Talk about overwhelming!

My mom, on the other hand, saves everything, "just in case." When my brother and I moved her to a new house a few years ago, we were floored by how much she had hidden in weird places. We knew she was a pack rat but forgot how bad she was till we had to pack her house up. When we tried to pick up the love seat, it weighed a ton. It didn't look heavy. We took the cushions off only to find loads of magazines, small books, etc....hidden there. When we finally lifted it up, there were literally hundreds of magazines stuffed under it.
Recently, she complained that her freezer just didn't keep her food frozen anymore and she needed a new one. When I went home for a visit, I saw why it didn't work. The freezer was stuffed so much that the door wouldn't close all the way. After I tossed all the un-identified stuff out, the freezer worked like a charm. She couldn't understand why her electric bill was high either.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
I attended a party one time at a lawyer's house. Really fancy mansion with beautiful decorations everywhere. I remember thinking how rich these people were as I was using their golden toilet.

Turns out that he played the tuba while in college, and I'm not welcome at their house anymore.
Delay... LOL It's even funnier when you don't get it right away!

Old 09-23-2008, 11:04 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
OK, Mike - that is worthy of a "Go to your room!"

I just realized I had a typo in there.. I don't know why I put "thought" instead of "through" at the beginning of my message..

Oh well, I guess I still managed to get sent to my room!

Old 09-23-2008, 11:10 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
I once visited a home that was decorated by a proud new-ager, entirely in the color in purple. I found it to be rather annoying. I like purple but it has it's place.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:20 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
My dear MIL has potted plants in her sunken bath tub. does that count?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:41 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
My dear MIL has potted plants in her sunken bath tub. does that count?
Potted plants in her sunken bathtub? I guess that's an easy way to get 'em watered everyday!

Old 09-23-2008, 11:57 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I once visited a home that was decorated by a proud new-ager, entirely in the color in purple. I found it to be rather annoying. I like purple but it has it's place.
You just reminded me of an incident - let me turn on the way-back machine, and set it to when I was still married....my then hubby came back from a day spent working in a woman's house where everything was purple. And I mean everything. The walls, the furniture, the drapes, the pot as well as the plant in it was purple (they had spray painted the dried plant purple, I am serious). Instead of the expected response, he asked why we couldn't decorate our place similarly. I told him I didn't want to live in a place where it looked like Barney threw up, and then blew up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics