U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:54 AM

12,398 posts, read 15,039,888 times

Advertisements

Oh, Cecilia, I wish you lived nearby, so you could spend the whole holiday season with us..There is so much fun and love, and shopping and eating going on..We are a big family and would be glad to have you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 09:56 AM

1,500 posts, read 5,032,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Its just me right now. I lost the last of my close relatives when Mom passed away in March. All I have left are a few distant cousins. And my Outlaws arent speaking to me. So I guess its just me and the felines.

Ive been really busy but so soon as I can Im getting out my fall decorations. I love fall. Those are MY colors.

As for Christmas I put up my trees the day after Thanksgiving. Now that Moms gone I dont have anyone to buy for so I guess Ill buy for me now. Im really not sure what Im going to do this year.
I'm sorry about your mom. I am sure this will be a sad Christmas for you. You need to buy yourself something that you really want not too long after Thanksgiving and wrap it up and put it under the tree but you cannot open until Christmas day, that way you will have the anticipation of getting a good gift.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:00 AM

34,199 posts, read 11,412,035 times
I can't help thinking of the Kastanza family on Seinfeld show and the "Festivus" holiday his father instituted....the festivus pole...etc.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 13,779,958 times
CeceliaRose-this season will be difficult and reflective for you. Our extended family Christmas' sort of fell apart after my wonderful Dad passed 9 yrs. ago. Turned out he was the glue that held us all together.

Holidays for hubby and I are have become mudance since we left NJ and our kids and grands and are here in MN. We try to make the best of it and shed many tears on the phone with family and friend.

My thoughts will be with you.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:00 AM

Location: Santa saw your Facebook pictures. Youre getting clothes and a Bible for Christmas.
1,837 posts, read 3,705,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Oh, Cecilia, I wish you lived nearby, so you could spend the whole holiday season with us..There is so much fun and love, and shopping and eating going on..We are a big family and would be glad to have you
That is very kind of you Ms Blue but Im not sure I could handle it. Im an introvert. Too many peeps all at one time make me twitchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
I'm sorry about your mom. I am sure this will be a sad Christmas for you. You need to buy yourself something that you really want not too long after Thanksgiving and wrap it up and put it under the tree but you cannot open until Christmas day, that way you will have the anticipation of getting a good gift.
I thought about that. Its going to be hard. I cant think of anything that I really need. Or want. Ive reached the stage of my life where Im over stuffed with stuff. OMG Ive become one of those old peeps you cant buy for cause they have everthing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
CeceliaRose-this season will be difficult and reflective for you. Our extended family Christmas' sort of fell apart after my wonderful Dad passed 9 yrs. ago. Turned out he was the glue that held us all together.

Holidays for hubby and I are have become mudance since we left NJ and our kids and grands and are here in MN. We try to make the best of it and shed many tears on the phone with family and friend.

My thoughts will be with you.
Things dont have to be that way ya know. Cant you go hme for the Holidays.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Hey guys. I didnt mean to sound all maudelin.
Im sure I will miss Mom but I will also be fine. Im an only child and an introvert. I am used to amusing myself. I can go for days wit a piece of string and a paper clip. When I say I dont know what to do with myself I dont mean it in a bad way. I just mean I havent decided yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics