U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:02 PM

973 posts, read 2,906,396 times

Advertisements

Recently, a friend from high school sent me some photos of the last class reunion and while looking at them, I was thinking...."Holy Cow!! Who are all those old, frumpy people?" I only recognized 2 out of about 50 people.

I'm not trying to pick on anybody but I am really surprised when I see people who are the same age as I am and look about 15 years older. Maybe it's just DNA or hard living. Dunno!

Do you ever see somebody who you KNOW is your age but they look either much older or younger than you?

All I can say is Thank Goodness for Oil of Olay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 01:07 PM

7,001 posts, read 18,164,277 times
People my age look so freaking old. I am almost 42 and get carded at the bar.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:34 PM

7,268 posts, read 16,847,287 times
I guess I look younger than I am and I've been told that but to look at some of the people in my age group, I'm thinking, what happened to you?
I have a cousin a couple years younger than me and she looks like she's a lot older than she is.
My mom is 68 and looks about 58, so hoping that's good news for me.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:39 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,994,264 times
Oh yes, the last class reunion I attended I was just amazed , I didn't recognize most....I mean some of the classmates' faces were "well" dry and hard probably from smoking and sun and just overall poor choices of life style.., most sold their combs on ebay, cause lack of hair..

I'm in early 50's, and ppl think I'm at least a decade younger...I take care of myself, don't eat "any" junk foods, yea like fast food fat pills..(there version of a hamburger)...I believe you are what YOU eat......some say my french blood helps, lol....

Old 10-13-2008, 04:59 PM

25,573 posts, read 23,766,561 times
Not to put myself on a pedestal but I will admit, I see many people in my age group and wonder good gawd, these people look great for their age. Then I see a few who too, are in my range but look like theyre a hundred years old. Its probably all in how one takes care of themselves.
Nancy Wilson looks fantastic for her age....and shes older than me!

Old 10-13-2008, 05:04 PM

51,054 posts, read 29,137,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Not to put myself on a pedestal but I will admit, I see many people in my age group and wonder good gawd, these people look great for their age. Then I see a few who too, are in my range but look like theyre a hundred years old. Its probably all in how one takes care of themselves.
Nancy Wilson looks fantastic for her age....and shes older than me!
It all depends on how well you take care of your body. Heavy drinking, drug use, and smoking causes a lot more damage than aging.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:53 PM

5,988 posts, read 9,973,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette-dude View Post
Oh yes, the last class reunion I attended I was just amazed , I didn't recognize most....I mean some of the classmates' faces were "well" dry and hard probably from smoking and sun and just overall poor choices of life style.., most sold their combs on ebay, cause lack of hair..

I'm in early 50's, and ppl think I'm at least a decade younger...I take care of myself, don't eat "any" junk foods, yea like fast food fat pills..(there version of a hamburger)...I believe you are what YOU eat......some say my french blood helps, lol....
It must run in the family Dude. People don't believe I'm 63. I have very oily skin. If it ever dries out I'll age overnight.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:02 PM

38,677 posts, read 45,030,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
It all depends on how well you take care of your body. Heavy drinking, drug use, and smoking causes a lot more damage than aging.
You got that right 100% Mike. Many people do not realize how the effects of booze, drugs, and smoking can take their toll on an aging body. Heavy drug use ages a person very rapidly and ruins their body.
I was at a school re-union a few months ago and could not believe how the majority of people had looked at least 10 or more years older than myself. Guess some people had a harder life than me. Scary.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:26 PM

15,533 posts, read 35,646,549 times
I definitely look young for my age, but I take really good care of myself and I'm extremely vain. I had a best friend who was the same age as me, but she smoked and drank a lot and she looked like she was at least 20 years older than me - all wrinkled up and stuff. She wasn't ugly, but she had a really hard look about her. She had the personality to match too - so we're no longer friends.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:40 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,075,185 times
I don't really ever rate myself or compare myself... but if I happen to be flipping by a Miss America pagent or even worse like a Junior Miss pagent on TV, I'm always like ,"WHOA... Those girls look old enough to be my Mom!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or