U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:21 AM

9,256 posts, read 7,977,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday Righteous...Friday!
Yay it is almost the weekend !!!
I am getting a early start this morning lol well I guess thats because I got up at 4:45
So lets see who else is up this early as we begin the adventure into

Today's Question :

Do you have "embellishments" on any of your vehicles ?
(ie: bumper stickers,sport team flags, doggy nose prints,fancy front license plate etc) I have a cling that says "Proud Parent of a Pleasant Valley Honor Roll Student" I have a yellow ribbon for our soldiers....and we had business magnets made up, but I can't put them on our vehicles, cuz of Mr. Poconoproud's Road Rageish driving...who's gonna build a house with a guy who flipped them off...hugh?

Extra Credit Question:

Have you started your "holiday shopping" ? I will be this weekend.. both of my daughters have a birthday the first week of December, so it's an expensive month that I have to start early on!

Bonus Question:

Will you be scaling back on the above mentioned shopping this year due to the economy ? A little bit...I am one of those folks that says...."Screw the bill collecters...It's Christmas!"

Extra Bonus Question:

If you could add one phrase to Rance & Sweden's wedding vows,what would it be ?

We've loved each other no matter the distance...
Our hearts grew fonder with little resistance...
It didn't matter that we were worlds away...
we were brought together in a special way...
We crossed over mountain, we crossed over sea...
Just to find out if we ever could "be"...
Now we know it was worth every mile...
It was worth every touch, worth every smile...
We vow this day to hold that true...
We vow today as the sky is blue...

I always cry at weddings

Today in History:
October 17, 1972 Chuck Berry's "My Ding-a-ling," is #1 That is my Grandmother's all time favorite song...when we DJ...she requests it!

Word of the Day:
expeditious \ek-spuh-DISH-uhs\, adjective:
Characterized by or acting with speed and efficiency. Because of the vow Q of the day, I was not able to do the Q of the day in an expeditious manner.

Today is:
National Four Prunes Day
and
National Mulligan Day
it is also
National Gaudy Day
and
National Hollywood Squares Day (1966 premiered 1966)

Have a terrific day everyone !!!!!
Happy today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 08:29 AM

1,823 posts, read 3,476,088 times
I liked your mulligan Charley.

I have a Husker license plate frame on the outside of the vechicle but thats it. I'm another that I have doggie nose prints, although I do try to keep the car clean as I like a nice clean car. I also keep a list of Nebraska's county numbers in the car. Every county in Nebraska, except for those in Lincoln and Omaha, have a number and there are 93 counties. I know most of them , but sometimes I need to look. Common car talk in Nebraska: "They're from (insert number) county, wonder what they're are doing in this part of the state" or "damn (insert number) county drivers" or "what county is (insert number)."

Holiday shopping has started and no we are not planning to scale back. We never went overboard anyway. Plus it seems like in our part of the country the local economy isn't doing too horrible, although the national is still affecting people.

You can add this to the vows:

I promise to still be a loyal CD poster, to get two computers so we can post at the same time and to rep each other whenver possible.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 AM

2,905 posts, read 4,622,933 times
No I have nothing on my car since it is a lease.

Yes I started my holiday shopping. I like to get the necessities bought early so I can save the end for impulse, extra shopping and watching the madness at the mall......

Actually this year I will be doing a lot more gift card shopping becuase my son's school does a gift card fundraiser, and the school gets up to 10, 15, or even 20% of the gift card sales. And these are to places like Dunkin Donuts, starbucks, target, toys r us, llbean, gymboree, etc.... So some of the smaller gifts I am going to replace with gift cards.

I won't be scaling back this year since fortunately we are not in financial stress. So we can do our part to keep the economic engine chugging along........

I don't know who Rance & Sweden are

Have a great day!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 08:50 AM

15,048 posts, read 25,431,473 times
No...

No...

No...

I like what Mawipafl wrote!

mommytotwo this is us. We met through CD about a year and a half ago. We've been engaged since August 07.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:03 AM

3,981 posts, read 5,414,638 times
My front license plate is a beautiful scenery pic.

No. I do not 'do' the shopping thing. I give my GD's checks, for their BDs and for Thanksgiving.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:23 AM

4,281 posts, read 6,784,094 times
I have a small Wisconsin hockey player on a chain hanging from the rearview mirror and all the windows on the truck topper are covered with doggy slobber!

Will be starting the holiday shopping next week. Buying the big pressie for our son. He's oggled the box on the shelf for months now, so we know he really wants it.

We never go overboard during the holidays. I have a set dollar amount and stick to it. Putting small amounts of money away during the year helps lessen the pocket book shock though. That being said we still won't be spending as much this year.

Wedding vows ... hmmm ...

Something along the lines of "We'll laugh together and cry together"

Old 10-17-2008, 09:28 AM

9,679 posts, read 10,996,992 times
Do you have "embellishments" on any of your vehicles ?
(ie: bumper stickers,sport team flags, doggy nose prints,fancy front license plate etc) No no stickers on my vehicles

Extra Credit Question:

Have you started your "holiday shopping" ? Is it Christmas eve already??

Bonus Question:

Will you be scaling back on the above mentioned shopping this year due to the economy ? More than likely

Extra Bonus Question:

If you could add one phrase to Rance & Sweden's wedding vows,what would it be ? I'm lost on that one.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:31 AM

11,279 posts, read 9,738,265 times
My front license plate says Jeep. We have a sticker on the window that allows us to park at the Marina. Dodge Ram has a ram on the front license plate.

I shop at the last minute for Christmas, as I now buy gift cards. I'll still spend the same amount.

Rance and Hanna might want to say to each other, "I promise not to give up on you." "I promise to go out of my way to make this marriage work for both of us."

Gotta go change my clothes, it's "National Gaudy Day!" Look at that get-up on her!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:34 AM

20,506 posts, read 6,227,321 times
Happy Friday everyone.....

Embellishments? Nope

I have started Christmas shopping and I most definately will be scaling back this year

On the vows......."never forget this moment"

Does anyone want my Four Prunes????

I miss Hollywood Squares even when Tom Bergeron did it. Great show.

Last edited by crazyworld; 10-17-2008 at 09:58 AM..

Old 10-17-2008, 09:41 AM

8,893 posts, read 3,084,234 times
No embellishments for me. No Christmas shopping here started. Kids and grands live out of state so we send either gift cards or a check. Will be scaling back for Christmas for our daughters but not for the grandkids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics