U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-17-2008, 09:41 AM

8,640 posts, read 13,944,631 times
Nope, car is unembellished. I have considered sticking a Christmas wreath on the bumper at Christmas time. I doubt the dh would approve, however.

Haven't started Christmas shopping, but I have thought about it!

Scaling back?? Probably will spend less this year than previous years.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 09:46 AM

2,905 posts, read 4,327,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
No...

No...

No...

I like what Mawipafl wrote!

mommytotwo this is us. We met through CD about a year and a half ago. We've been engaged since August 07.
That is great! Congratulations!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:01 AM

12,347 posts, read 14,153,823 times
NO,thing of the sort on my car..Bumper stickers and window stickers are one of my pet peeves..

We will definitely spend less money on gifts this year..Last year we began a new tradition and drew names before anyone left the table at Thanksgiving Dinner..Our family is really big with 4 children and their spouses, nine grand children, and a great grandbaby due before Thanksgiving..Then we have neices and nephews..
One good thing from all the money we are saving is that I have been able to buy an extra gift for the underpriveleged children in the area party and to buy an extra gift or two to place beneath the tree in our town Nursing Home

God has blessed me this year in so many ways when so many are suffering that I am honored to share..

Old 10-17-2008, 10:03 AM

2,640 posts, read 4,366,115 times
Today's Question:
Do you have "embellishments" on any of your vehicles?

Apart from the carbon fibre water bottle holders on my bike nope. I'm dead boring.

Extra Credit Question:
Have you started your "holiday shopping"?

Ahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa, you've gotta be kidding me! I usually start mine around mid-December.

Bonus Question:
Will you be scaling back on the above mentioned shopping this year due to the economy?

Nah, I don't usually do a whole lot anyway so it doesn't really affect me too badly.

Extra Bonus Question:
If you could add one phrase to Rance & Sweden's wedding vows,what would it be?

My brain is fried from extra Russian lessons after school today so I'm afraid I can't think of anything original at the moment. Sorry.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:22 AM

23,324 posts, read 14,956,058 times
Both car and truck are not embellished with anything. Other drivers already notice when Mrs. Aks is driving and they tend to stay clear of her while she is heading down the streets.

Although now that I think about it, her Toyota Highland is now embellished with white paint splattered all over the right tires. She drove through a large puddle of paint that was dumped onto the street by some contractor who didn’t secure his load. The side of the vehicle was covered with paint as well, but we had it detailed and they would cleanup that area. The rubber tires were another story and they couldn’t clean or fix them.

I have already spent my holiday money on a new catalytic converter for my truck. Seems that someone else thought they could use the precious metals that make it work efficiently and stole it from the truck yesterday. Replacement of a Toyota catalytic converter runs close to $1500 these days. I parked in a well traveled parking lot in broad daylight, and sometime between 12:30 and 3:30 someone was able to “cut” and “remove” the converter. This problem is an epidemic now in most cities.

If you could add one phrase to Rance & Sweden's wedding vows,what would it be ?

I’d have to add,,, “until c-d posting do us part”.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:25 AM

5,289 posts, read 4,220,885 times
Do you have "embellishments" on any of your vehicles ?
Denver Bronco Plate
Extra Credit Question:

Have you started your "holiday shopping" ? Nope

Bonus Question:

Will you be scaling back on the above mentioned shopping this year due to the economy ? Yes

Old 10-17-2008, 10:54 AM

19,336 posts, read 15,841,605 times
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
Yay it is almost the weekend !!!
I am getting a early start this morning lol well I guess thats because I got up at 4:45
So lets see who else is up this early as we begin the adventure into

Today's Question :

Do you have "embellishments" on any of your vehicles ?
(ie: bumper stickers,sport team flags, doggy nose prints,fancy front license plate etc)

Extra Credit Question:

Have you started your "holiday shopping" ?

Bonus Question:

Will you be scaling back on the above mentioned shopping this year due to the economy ?

Extra Bonus Question:

I have one little Chinese trinket thing that Izzy gave me awhile back, on my rear view mirror. Though I dont do bumper stickers or window stickers, I have one of those trailer hitch cover things that says 'Size Does Matter'.
Holiday shopping? No. we still have Halloween stuff on display at work and they recently packed our seasonal aisles with Xmas stuff already...and Im not in a hurry to shop anytime soon.
One phrase to Rance & Swedens wedding, thats a tough one. Id have to think about that one and answer it later.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:59 AM

25,441 posts, read 8,552,533 times
No embellishments on this car. Did have license plate holder on my other car for the St. Louis Blues Hockey team. But it's still in Florida. Found an older one the other day, may have to clean it up and put it on this car.

Holiday shopping???This year due to lack of funds, I have many things put aside for our children and gr.children to choose from. So many family documents from late 1800's and on, books, etc. Also have many other 'things' to give away. Have already put aside some of our coin collection to pass on to them. Have old Kodak cameras and old never used, Polaroids also. Even a Singer Sewing Machine from the early 1900's. It is beautiful. So, no, no shopping this year. Knee replacement costs many $$$$'s

for Rance and Sweden I like a few mentioned here. Will have to get back with anything I can think of. Hmmmm, that may take too long, tho'.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:45 AM

11,346 posts, read 9,723,173 times
o you have "embellishments" on any of your vehicles ?
(ie: bumper stickers,sport team flags, doggy nose prints,fancy front license plate etc)

Nothing that sticks on the car for me. One of the cars has a license plate holder that say " I'm not bald, it's a solar collector for a sex machine."

Extra Credit Question:

Have you started your "holiday shopping" ?
Not until 12/24 when the good sales start.

Bonus Question:

Will you be scaling back on the above mentioned shopping this year due to the economy ?

Yes.

Extra Bonus Question:

I like Mr. AK's message.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:49 AM

11,346 posts, read 9,723,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN;

I have already spent my holiday money on a new catalytic converter for my truck. Seems that someone else thought they could use the precious metals that make it work efficiently and stole it from the truck yesterday. Replacement of a Toyota catalytic converter runs close to $1500 these days. I parked in a well traveled parking lot in broad daylight, and sometime between 12:30 and 3:30 someone was able to “cut” and “remove” the converter. This problem is an epidemic now in most cities.

[B
If you could add one phrase to Rance & Sweden's wedding vows,what would it be ?[/b]

I’d have to add,,, “until c-d posting do us part”.

Sorry to hear about this. It seems to be more prevalent on trucks and SUV's that they can get under easily to cut them off for the platinum. What a bummer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics