U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 05:29 AM

17,834 posts, read 21,681,589 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
Yay it is almost the weekend !!!
I am getting a early start this morning lol well I guess thats because I got up at 4:45
So lets see who else is up this early as we begin the adventure into

Today's Question :

Do you have "embellishments" on any of your vehicles ?
(ie: bumper stickers,sport team flags, doggy nose prints,fancy front license plate etc)

Extra Credit Question:

Have you started your "holiday shopping" ?

Bonus Question:

Will you be scaling back on the above mentioned shopping this year due to the economy ?

Extra Bonus Question:

If you could add one phrase to Rance & Sweden's wedding vows,what would it be ?

Today in History:
October 17, 1860 1st pro golf tournament held (Scotland) (Willie Park wins)
October 17, 1885 Baseball sets all players salaries at $1,000-$2,000 for 1885 season
October 17, 1972 Chuck Berry's "My Ding-a-ling," is #1

Word of the Day:
expeditious
\ek-spuh-DISH-uhs\, adjective:
Characterized by or acting with speed and efficiency.

Today is:
National Four Prunes Day
and
National Mulligan Day
it is also
National Gaudy Day
and
National Hollywood Squares Day (1966 premiered 1966)

Have a terrific day everyone !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 06:01 AM

5,667 posts, read 6,776,301 times
Today's Question :

(ie: bumper stickers,sport team flags, doggy nose prints,fancy front license plate etc)

Only thing on my car is the personalized license that says "PRAY 81". I think we asked for "PRAY 1" but it was already taken and they gave us 81.

Extra Credit Question:

We started tight after Christmas last year. We like sales.

Bonus Question:

Will you be scaling back on the above mentioned shopping this year due to the economy ?

Scaling back because we are both retired now not because of the economy.

Extra Bonus Question:

I'll get back to you on marriage vows. I'm actually working on a message titled "Four Keys to a Successful Marriage". You probably don't all 30 min. I pick something our and post it later.

October 17, 1885 Baseball sets all players salaries at $1,000-$2,000 for 1885 season

Players consider a strike to get more money but realize that it's just a game and if nobody came to see them it wouldn't matter.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:12 AM

19,922 posts, read 7,418,527 times

No

Yes

Yes

Old 10-17-2008, 06:18 AM

19,922 posts, read 7,418,527 times
National Mulligan Day

... and now, taking my mulligan ...

Nope. My wife has little magnet from her school district on her car, but that's about it.

Yes. We do a lot of baking for the holidays and we've alread bought extra flour, sugar, chocolate chips, peanut butter, raisins, oatmeal, etc.

Yes. The economic picture has hurt us and might actually lead to my wife being affected by layoffs in June, so we're scaling back on everything.

Happy Four Prunes Day ...

Oh OK ... Happy THREE prunes day!!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:25 AM

5,826 posts, read 6,209,324 times
The only embellishments on my car are in my car - the doggy nose prints and my front passenger seat is reserved for my standard poodle, so there is a leash permanently attached to that seat belt. The dog medical records are always in the car if I have to go out of town unexpectedly. The dogs and parakeets always go with and it's one less thing I need to remember to put in the car. I used to be a bumper sticker fanatic but that has dropped from the wayside. I do have a tiny (barely an inch) Dumbo that is attached to a barely there filament and suction cup to the inside of the windshield. Most people don't even notice him. He is just "hanging around" just under the rear view mirror. He has been riding with me through the past three cars. I also have a brass, guardian angel attached to my visor.

Have you started your "holiday shopping" ? Already done. I don't really shop for holidays as I always make things and give from the heart and hearth. But I do shop the week after Christmas every year to catch sales on items I will never pay full price for. Usually blankets and holiday mugs or plates.

As previously noted, I don't really shop for the holidays, but I will not be spending as much after the holiday.

If you could add one phrase to Rance & Sweden's wedding vows,what would it be ? I'll have to get back with you on this one.

Let's all toast Hollywood Squares! That was such a fun program!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:38 AM

8,182 posts, read 11,525,657 times
(ie: bumper stickers,sport team flags, doggy nose prints,fancy front license plate etc) I have an Orlando Predators license plate frame, an law enforcement memorial ribbon, an 82 Airbourne and Marine Corp Ribbon!

Extra Credit Question:

Have you started your "Christmas shopping" ? Why yes I have. I shop through out the year.

Bonus Question:

Will you be scaling back on the above mentioned shopping this year due to the economy ? No, I've never big an overspender so it will be about the same.
Extra Bonus Question:

If you could add one phrase to Rance & Sweden's wedding vows,what would it be ? This license has no expiration date!

Today is:
National Four Prunes Day-I am relieved to hear that!
and
National Mulligan Day
it is also
National Gaudy Day
and
National Hollywood Squares Day (1966 premiered 1966) Loved Paul Lynn!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:54 AM

2,987 posts, read 7,708,584 times
Extra Bonus Question:

Our ceremony's benediction was this popular Native American Blessing ...

"Now you will feel no rain,
For each of you will be shelter to the other.
Now you will feel no cold,
For each of you will be warmth to the other.
Now there is no more loneliness,
For each of you will be companion to the other.
Though you are two persons,
There is but one life before you.
Go now to your dwelling place
To enter into the days of your togetherness.
And may your days be good and long upon the earth."

Old 10-17-2008, 06:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 13,800,562 times
Good morning all.

Only license plate holder that says "U.S. Coast Guard-Retired".

Christmas shopping has taken a different turn in the last 3 years as we're so far away from kids and grands and the fact that those grands have gotten older and appreciate cash gifts. So no shopping involved.

Phrase for wedding "Forever and a day".

Old 10-17-2008, 07:13 AM

9,590 posts, read 5,319,530 times
Good Morning and.....

...To Everyone!!!

Yep, just a little one on my back window! It's a ladies Harley sticker!!

Nope!! I'm one of those that leaves it to the last minute.... Then everything I want to get is gone...my bad!!!

Yes!! Sad to say!

October 17, 1972 Chuck Berry's "My Ding-a-ling," is #1
That's my hb song to me.... except for a couple added words...
"My Sweet little Ding-a-ling"!!

National Four Prunes Day....
Now Charley ....

Hugs to all &....

Old 10-17-2008, 07:57 AM

13,230 posts, read 12,429,262 times
I have a bumper sticker and a vanity plate on the jeep . Nothing on the Buick. Hmmm-four prunes day. Yums? Not! Yikes? Yep! On the subject of shopping I have cut down and a half! Have a great weekend everybody! I will toast Hollywood Squares as well. What a great program that was!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics