U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 02:13 PM

279 posts, read 1,012,569 times
I understand every thing you are saying momof2, but when I asked my agent if he had any buyers he said yes but not in your price range. Well my price range is what about 90% of the houses in my area are going for. Even if his buyers want to spend more he should still bring them by. One reason, and these are his own words "once a buyer comes in, your house will knock their socks off"

But I too now feel like I live in a dump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 02:38 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 10,996,176 times
Janipoo, is it possible to just paint the door? Ours looks a lot better since we did that. However, it turns out that it broke completely this past week, so we're replacing it, much to our dismay.

We knew in March of '06 we'd be moving, so in May, we had the woman we're going to use as a realtor come over and critique the place for us. She gave us a lot of good tips, most of which we've done, a couple of which we won't do. All in all, we're glad we had her do that. The house will be "officially" on the market 3/19, and it's almost ready.

Taboo.....I found the foot prints. Please send Lysol. ;-)

Old 02-23-2007, 03:00 PM

4,536 posts, read 5,903,204 times
Mines for sale with a second realtor...this one is much better, I get a weekly report of how many hits on the net listings. I've had about 6-7 lookers and at this time of year that's good.

I've got a 10 acre farm for sale so it's a bit different than a house on a lot.

But I've been encouraged. This realtor has the property listed in quite a few places and the last one no one could even find it on the MLS

One of my neighbors is asking 1.1 mil for her farm but she has more acrerage big barn ect and she's under contract and it took about 6 months. So I'm hoping soon it will sell I do not want to spend a nother hot humid summer here.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:04 PM

So I called my realtor today to see if anything was going on. He told that he was going to call me about reducing my price because the house has been on the market for so long. Since when is 17 days long? I told him what he could do with his expert "suggestions"

Old 02-24-2007, 09:01 AM

364 posts, read 25,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Where do you live? Wow, 20 ot of 34 for sale. Why are so many people selling?
West Perdido Key. Area never recovered from Ivan. 34 out of 60 restaurants closed. 2,000 jobs lost in an area of 15,000. 2,500 homes and 2,500 apx. condos for sales. Usually it is about a 1/4 of that number.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:18 AM

9,342 posts, read 15,993,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
West Perdido Key. Area never recovered from Ivan. 34 out of 60 restaurants closed. 2,000 jobs lost in an area of 15,000. 2,500 homes and 2,500 apx. condos for sales. Usually it is about a 1/4 of that number.
That is tragic. It's such a gorgeous area. I've lived all over Florida and have always thought that panhandle beaches were the nicest.

I wonder if you posted it on a site like craiglist in a northern city if you may get any takers. I worked for a title company a few years ago and folks were streaming down to purchase second homes in Palm Coast because they were such a bargain compared to where they lived.

Will send good thoughts your way.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:40 AM

364 posts, read 25,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
That is tragic. It's such a gorgeous area. I've lived all over Florida and have always thought that panhandle beaches were the nicest.

I wonder if you posted it on a site like craiglist in a northern city if you may get any takers. I worked for a title company a few years ago and folks were streaming down to purchase second homes in Palm Coast because they were such a bargain compared to where they lived.

Will send good thoughts your way.
There aren't as many Northern takers in the area like there used to be. One reason is insurance. The entire area will not be insured by Allstate or Statefarm. A condo that used to cost $4,000 a year for insurance is now $20,000! Hard to work with those kind of numbers. There are so many condo construction projects just sitting there. They have stopped work on them.

It is currently a part time residence for me. What kills me is my father owned 7 restaurants down there on the panhandle. Lost them all. Lost everything. The stress it caused for him. I wish he would have sold out before Ivan. He would have half the greys as well as twice the amount in the bank. But of coarse, could always be worse. He was not a Katrina victim, thank God.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:50 AM

1,958 posts, read 3,366,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingoutofCA View Post
So I called my realtor today to see if anything was going on.
We did the same thing the other day, he said I'll call you next week Does anyone know if you can drop a realtor? or are we stuck in the contract?

Old 02-24-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
We did the same thing the other day, he said I'll call you next week Does anyone know if you can drop a realtor? or are we stuck in the contract?
Go on the REAL Estate forum, I asked the same question and have gotten great and helpful answers.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:37 PM

229 posts, read 11,287 times
nomoresnow.... my girls DID NOT break the door !!!! Lysol is on its way !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics