Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 06:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday
Before we get started I am not sure how many of you will be logging on tomorrow. So I would like to take this opportunity to wish each and everyone of you a
Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Also a heads up that Fridays ? thread will be late lol because we will be out of the house around 4:30 am for our traditional "shopping experience"

Since we maybe a little light on folks tomorrow I am going to use today the Questions you would expect to find in tomorrows

Today's Question:

Of all the yummy choices you will have tomorrow, hands down what is your favorite ?
(in other words what will take up the most room on your plate )

Extra Credit Question:

Which part of the Turkey do you prefer, White or Dark Meat ?

Bonus Question:

Who gets the wishbone at your house ?
If you want share some of your "Wishbone Wishes" ?

Edit : after reading this how many of you that don't might look at the wishbone in a different light

Extra Bonus Question:

What was the strangest/most unusual dish you have seen served at a Thanksgiving meal ?

Today in History:
November 26, 1825 1st college fraternity founded (Kappa Alpha (Union College, New York))
November 26, 1867 - The refrigerated railroad car was patented by J.B. Sutherland of Detroit, Michigan.
November 26, 1942 "Casablanca" premieres at Hollywood Theatre, New York City
November 26, 1956 "The Price Is Right" debuts on NBC

Word of the Day:
hypaethral
\hye-PEETH-rul\ adjective
1 : having a roofless central space
2 : open to the sky

Today is:
National Cake Day
and
National Tie One On Day
it is also
National Board Game Day!
and
National Family Caregivers Day

Warning Edit ::: There are some very very funny posts ahead you may want to put your drink down far away from the computer !!!

Last edited by FLPL75; 11-26-2008 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: had to add the monitor saving warning ;)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 06:52 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,419 times
Hey all. I can't really answer today's questions because they're Thanksgiving related but just to say I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. Remember the three rules of enjoying yourself: Eat, drink and don't even think about worrying about your figure. Have yourselves a great time!

Old 11-26-2008, 06:52 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,966 times
Hmmm, well it won't take up the most room on my plate, but my favorite is pumpkin pie!

Dark meat here, but I'll eat both.

Apparently the trash can gets the wishbone because I never recall seeing it or making a wish.

I can't really think of anything strange that has been served.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:55 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,433 times
Of all the yummy choices you will have tomorrow, hands down what is your favorite ?
(in other words what will take up the most room on your plate ) Were having ours today....I love the yams

Extra Credit Question:

Which part of the Turkey do you prefer, White or Dark Meat ? White

Bonus Question:

Who gets the wishbone at your house ? We throw it out

Extra Bonus Question:

What was the strangest/most unusual dish you have seen served at a Thanksgiving meal ? Can't think of any

Old 11-26-2008, 07:05 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
(in other words what will take up the most room on your plate )

Mashed potatoes and turKey gravy

White meat only

ME As I carefully pick the meat off the carcus after dinner, I ceremoniously and reverently hold the wishbone with both hands, close my eyes and make a wish that someone will get off their butt and come help

Just kidding my 3 daughters are great helpers

Old 11-26-2008, 07:10 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
GOOD MORNING...EVERYONE!!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY & A WISH TO ALL A "BLESSED HAPPY THANKSGIVING" !!

The dressing with lots of gravy and a little cranberry sauce beside it.....yummmmm!!!

The white!

Who ever wants it... but usually my hb & I make a wish together!

What was the strangest/most unusual dish you have seen served at a Thanksgiving meal ?
I really can not think of anything!!! Probably because I have always been the one who does the cooking....
Everyone always request that I be the chef of the day!!
So this question would pertain to them...

.....TO ALL!!

Old 11-26-2008, 07:12 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
What was the strangest/most unusual dish you have seen served at a Thanksgiving meal?

For me, it's the cranberry sauce. I don't believe in cranberry sauce in a can. I believe in the real deal and every year I make it differently. It's my own secret recipe and no one knows what it will be until it comes to the table. Since none of my family will see this message, tomorrow will be an Orange-Ginger Cranberry Sauce served in a mini-Phyllo Dough cup with a Citrus Zest Garni.

For everyone traveling today - I wish you a good trip and hope you reach your destination safely.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:21 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
I always thought Thanksgiving food was rather dull and boring. My Aunt Lily made the best chestnut dressing.

I like the white meat.

We throw out the wish bone.

Happy Thanksgiving. For me it's not about the food. It's about being with loved ones and being thankful for all the good things in life.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:21 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
What was the strangest/most unusual dish you have seen served at a Thanksgiving meal?

For me, it's the cranberry sauce. I don't believe in cranberry sauce in a can. I believe in the real deal and every year I make it differently. It's my own secret recipe and no one knows what it will be until it comes to the table. Since none of my family will see this message, tomorrow will be an Orange-Ginger Cranberry Sauce served in a mini-Phyllo Dough cup with a Citrus Zest Garni.

For everyone traveling today - I wish you a good trip and hope you reach your destination safely.
Oh, Charley, that cranberry sauce and the way you are serving it sounds wonderful.... and I totally agree, the real deal! The can thing is so off limits....in my kitchen!
And please.... no offense to those who choose it!!!

Old 11-26-2008, 07:24 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,011 times
Y'all are gonna think I'm a Thanksgiving scrooge. You're right, I am. I don't do Thanksgiving. At least, I don't give thanks for the blessing of being able to afford to eat like a King on just one day a year. I do that randomly through the year. I will roast a whole turkey - usually 20+ pounds - with all the trimmings three or four times a year. Nothing short of a Thanksgiving feast. Why? Because I can. I choose not to do it on Thanksgiving Day when everyone else is doing it. As for tomorrow, I'll be having a tuna salad sandwich with soup and a deviled egg.

Just the same, I would also like to wish all a Happy Thanksgiving.

When I do the turkey, it is the dressing and cranberry sauce.

Both are precious

Gee, since I am the only one here now....

The wishbone was something special to my husband and me. We always saved it, cleaned and dried it and when we both wanted something, we would wish for it together with the wishbone. The one I can remember was when my husband fell ill and came home by way of hospice care. Our wish did not work. But I still save them.

Last edited by AliceT; 11-26-2008 at 07:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics