U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-06-2009, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,758 times

Advertisements

i believe that given the amount of people who enter the contests that pch offers, your chances of winning are no different than your chances of winning the lottery...it'd be like you are that needle in the haystack to be picked--however, for those of us who sometimes like to dream about what we would do with all that money--realistically, there's no sense in dreaming if you aren't going to play...so even tho my chances are slim, i still play...you just never know.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 09:35 AM

24,548 posts, read 14,885,946 times
It's a method to accummulate names and addresses to sell to marketing list firms that sell them to other companies and jam your mailbox full of junkmail to infinity.

http://www.obviously.com/junkmail/

Old 11-06-2009, 04:48 PM

8,422 posts, read 14,348,484 times
One of my favorite cartoons is an older gentleman sitting at his kitchen table writing in his diary.

Here's the caption.

"Running low on pop-tarts. Still no word from Publishers Clearing House."

I won $2.75 once!!!!!!! I was excited but then I realized I had spent more than that on postage. This was back before everything was online.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:38 PM

696 posts, read 2,185,110 times
I have been entering PCH for the past 19 years and have never won a thing. I enter internet sweepstakes for a hobby. Never won much more than a cap or T-shirt UNTIL this month...I won a $40,000 5th wheel camper from Camping World. Since we had just purchased a motorhome several days prior, the sponsor gave us a cash alternative. Now you will never get me to stop entering sweepstakes!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:01 AM

25,444 posts, read 7,236,129 times
I have never won with Publisher's Clearing House... ever. I have received some free things from them here and there (pens, calculators.... cheap stuff), and even ordered a few things a few years back. But, as far as receiving money... never happened. Now it's become my biggest regret because I get 3 or 4 envelopes from them EVERY SINGLE WEEK! It's horrible!

Old 11-07-2009, 10:59 AM

9,807 posts, read 6,456,758 times
I don't bother even reading the info fron PCH.

However, a few years back, a retired farm couple who lived about 8 miles from me in Minnesota did win the grand prize and got all the publicity that went with it.

I did not know him personally, but knew some of his brothers and other relatives.

He was, coincidently, from the area where those school cafeteria workers won the Powerball a few years later.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:48 PM

43,861 posts, read 27,772,927 times
I have never won.....but I sure have spent a lot of times dreaming about it!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,071 times
why do they try to make people think there going to win and they buy everything just to win and go broke and never win, that should be against the law to make people think they can win by buying
everything they put on the internet

Old 12-21-2010, 11:07 AM

696 posts, read 2,185,110 times
I enter all the time. There is a notation on each mail-in entry and Internet entry that says a purchase will not improve the chances of wining. A couple that lived about five miles from us won 7 million dollars about ten years ago. There was a story about their win in our local paper. So people really do win and I feel that a postage stamp is a small price to pay for a chance to win. The Internet entry just takes a few minutes to enter and no purchase is necessary and that is posted on each page of the entry. I have entered on the Internet each day for many many years and who knows, some day I may be a big winner. I am an Internet sweepstaker (my hobby) and I won a $40,000 travel trailer in January of this year by entering each day for about a month. I bought nothing to enter. The sweepstake was sponsored by Camping World and Fox Broadcasting. The winner was supposed to get a 2009 5th wheel as first prize in 2009. They couldn't find the exact model that was offered so they ended up asking me to wait until January and offered me a 2010 model instead. After a win like this you can bet I will continue to enter all free sweeps!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,984 times
I don't know about that. When it comes to their electronic emails that they bombard you with, I don't believe that when you click you're getting an actual entry. That could all be easily faked, and just SPAM meant to try and get you to go with all those various offers they want you to try. All they have to do is program an HTML "entry" page with that slider bar that eventually says 'entry confirmed,' but it doesn't have to mean crap. It may just be a load of pig swill because what they really want is for you to go for the offers. They don't care about the actual entries, and proof of that was in the news a long time ago when someone found huge trash bags FULL of PCH mail entries in a dumpster on the PA Turnpike. Someone had dumped them there....probably someone from PCH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics