U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 06:31 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,205,673 times
0.0001% people will win !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 PM

19,333 posts, read 15,829,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I think they caught up with technology, and they use the Internet now...

Remember that scene from the movie Erin Brokovich, where Ed Masry knocks on Erin's door, and I think she was waiting for Ed McMahon to show up at her door, but when she saw Masry, she went "Sorry, wrong Ed"...

Was it Ed McMahon Publisher's Clearning house used in the past to walk up to people's doors and tell them they won something?

LOL.. I hope they drive up to my house, and NOT through it!

If you live on a boat, they'll swim up to it... in an Apartment, they'll scale the side of the building and show up on your balcony, and a trailer park, they'll drive up to it in a beat up old Chevy truck...
Ed McMahon had promised me Id be the big winner of 20 million for over 30 years....but then he passed away.
Id have been happy with just one mill...or even half a mill....and would have made it last.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,511 times
Its kinda sad.I think we need to go to the news and have it investgated?????

Old 04-13-2011, 09:53 AM

18,717 posts, read 13,791,193 times
I won $2 once back in the late 60s. As I recall I spent it on a black light poster. Groovy!

Old 04-13-2011, 01:02 PM

693 posts, read 2,074,552 times
Some years ago Several Attorney Generals from various States did investigate PCH. The conclusion was to require wording in the mailings and on the Internet that said, "You have not yet won and a purchase will not improve your chances of winning." Also found was proof that the prizes really are awarded. There are a bunch of videos showing winners if you go to their site. I still enter on the Internet everyday and I reply to all the mailings. Their mail tells me that I have entered faithfully for the past 21 years! I guess I have a better chance of winning if I don't throw the mail away. I know the odds are bad, but so is the lottery and entering on the Internet costs nothing other than a few minutes of my time. It would be nice to get a couple hundred just to pay for the stamps that I've used over the years.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,853 times
Let me win something lol

Old 10-26-2011, 01:45 PM

4,523 posts, read 2,640,372 times
Just the fact they had that useless bloated gas bag, McMahon, the human laugh track. as their spokesperson was enough to make me pitch the junk mail where it belongs. I do wonder how many won that never actually bought any of their junk. It's been over shadowed by all the lottos, that's why you don't hear much about it.

I hope you win Azloafer, you deserve something for your years of playing.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Just the fact they had that useless bloated gas bag, McMahon, the human laugh track. as their spokesperson was enough to make me pitch the junk mail where it belongs. I do wonder how many won that never actually bought any of their junk. It's been over shadowed by all the lottos, that's why you don't hear much about it.

I hope you win Azloafer, you deserve something for your years of playing.
Ed McMahon did not work for PCH, he was a spokesman for American Publishing which has been out of business for many years. Dave Sayer is the main person on the PCH Prize Patrol and is always there to give away the "big" prizes. Regarding your question, how many people win that don't buy anything. The statistics that I have seen are that at least 25% of the winners never bought a thing. There are tons of videos on YouTube.com showing the winners and in some of them they mention facts about the process of selecting winners. PCH also has their own channel on YouTube which gives a lot of data. I have seen several big winners who were picked as alternates when the original people never returned the winning number. All they had to lose was a stamp and they threw it away. In a couple of cases they gave away millions of dollars just because they never returned the letter they received. I just saw a video where they state that a person's chances of winning millions from PCH is 175 million to one! Not too good. Oh well, someone has to win. Here is one of my favorite videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXGVB...eature=related

Actually, I don't care who comes to my house as long as they have that big cardboard check with them!!!

Last edited by azloafer; 10-26-2011 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: adding a link

Old 10-26-2011, 05:09 PM

4,523 posts, read 2,640,372 times
1 in 175 million that's about like Mega millions or Power Ball. Some people beat the odds, wish I was one of them. I'd like to know how much good any of the winners do for others. I'm not talking about buying relatives or good friends houses or cars, but people that try to make real changes with the gift they received.

Yeah, they can wake me at any hour if they bring the check..lol.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:19 PM

Default Private videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
Ed McMahon did not work for PCH, he was a spokesman for American Publishing which has been out of business for many years. Dave Sayer is the main person on the PCH Prize Patrol and is always there to give away the "big" prizes. Regarding your question, how many people win that don't buy anything. The statistics that I have seen are that at least 25% of the winners never bought a thing. There are tons of videos on YouTube.com showing the winners and in some of them they mention facts about the process of selecting winners. PCH also has their own channel on YouTube which gives a lot of data. I have seen several big winners who were picked as alternates when the original people never returned the winning number. All they had to lose was a stamp and they threw it away. In a couple of cases they gave away millions of dollars just because they never returned the letter they received. I just saw a video where they state that a person's chances of winning millions from PCH is 175 million to one! Not too good. Oh well, someone has to win. Here is one of my favorite videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXGVB...eature=related

Actually, I don't care who comes to my house as long as they have that big cardboard check with them!!!
All of a sudden a bunch of these videos were changed to "private." I have no idea why. Maybe the winners saw how many views they had and didn't like the idea or had trouble with stalkers because their names and cities were given in the videos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics