U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 12:24 AM

13,779 posts, read 23,230,438 times

Advertisements

Sorry to do this to you all again, but I love to laugh and I love hearing other stories

My toddler needed a diaper change and I told him to go get a diaper so I could change him...he went into my grandmothers bathroom and came out with her Depends and when he unfolded it, he said "WOW, this not my diappy...this HUGE!"...

I thought it was hysterical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 12:46 AM

3,721 posts, read 3,331,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Sorry to do this to you all again, but I love to laugh and I love hearing other stories

My toddler needed a diaper change and I told him to go get a diaper so I could change him...he went into my grandmothers bathroom and came out with her Depends and when he unfolded it, he said "WOW, this not my diappy...this HUGE!"...

I thought it was hysterical

Not today, but Thursday evening I had to pick up some keys from a new client. I wasn't driving my car but my brothers and he doesn't have satnav (GPS) and for the life of me couldn't find this building. I knew I was close, but being night time my sight isn't as good even with glasses on. After being given several wrong directions inluding one by a guy coming out of the building I was looking for I decided to look one last time. So I asked a guy outside of his car and who pointed to the building infront of us. Another guy a drunk falling over himself got a little to close to me and wanted to know what number I was looking for and who I was looking for and proceeded to follow me into the building that made me uncomfortable, so I wasn't very nice to him.

Then my clients opend the door he was still hovering around me talking smack....then he and the clients exchanged greetings....turns out he was their neighbour coming back from an office xmas party.

Not hysterically funny, but did feel slightly guilty for treating him like he was some mugger.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:53 AM

13,779 posts, read 23,230,438 times
That is very funny! How rude were you????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post

Not today, but Thursday evening I had to pick up some keys from a new client. I wasn't driving my car but my brothers and he doesn't have satnav (GPS) and for the life of me couldn't find this building. I knew I was close, but being night time my sight isn't as good even with glasses on. After being given several wrong directions inluding one by a guy coming out of the building I was looking for I decided to look one last time. So I asked a guy outside of his car and who pointed to the building infront of us. Another guy a drunk falling over himself got a little to close to me and wanted to know what number I was looking for and who I was looking for and proceeded to follow me into the building that made me uncomfortable, so I wasn't very nice to him.

Then my clients opend the door he was still hovering around me talking smack....then he and the clients exchanged greetings....turns out he was their neighbour coming back from an office xmas party.

Not hysterically funny, but did feel slightly guilty for treating him like he was some mugger.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:39 AM

25,575 posts, read 23,790,905 times
Last night at work. Me and a guy I work with were discussing power outages, while standing in an aisle. I made the comment about how its not the dark that scares me...its whats 'in' the dark. Funny thing was, all of a sudden the power went out! Was only out for a few minutes but it definately was co-incidental.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:19 PM

51,090 posts, read 29,169,034 times
Well, this "funny moment" happened around this time of the year, 4 years ago. I was going up to a remote town in the mountains, which has only about 100 residents (Crown King, AZ) and I called this gal who worked at the office of a guest ranch, that's run by the pastor of a small church in the town, and his wife. Anyways, I called the office to see if they needed anything, and she said to bring her some "staples". So I went to Office Max, and I was looking in the section where they kept staples, and I wasn't sure how many they needed, so I called her back and asked her a question pertaining to how many staples or boxes she needed... and she started laughing, because she meant staples, as in food, like milk, eggs, butter, bread, etc.

I guess that goes to show, if you ask a guy like me to bring you some "staples" (the food kind), he might end up bringing the ones that are used in staplers, and are not edible!

Old 12-22-2008, 02:22 PM

51,090 posts, read 29,169,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Last night at work. Me and a guy I work with were discussing power outages, while standing in an aisle. I made the comment about how its not the dark that scares me...its whats 'in' the dark. Funny thing was, all of a sudden the power went out! Was only out for a few minutes but it definately was co-incidental.
That's strange, I guess somebody heard you and knocked out the power.

I would imagine a place like that would have an emergency power generator to at least light up the emergency exits, or provide some emergency lighting, doesn't your store have that?

Old 12-22-2008, 02:56 PM

1,821 posts, read 4,540,307 times
Yesterday, my 4 year old nephew wanted to be like his Dad, so his Dad let him spay cologne on and put deoderant on. Well he was so proud that he went up to my wife and said smell my colonge. So she did, and then he lifted his arm and shoved his armpit in her face so she could smell his deoderant too!

Old 12-22-2008, 03:07 PM

2,441 posts, read 5,251,840 times
Okay... not today, but it's a funny story (kinda) anyway.

About 13 years ago (when my daughter was two), she walked up to my ex-wife (who was still my wife then, of course) and asked her to smell her finger. Well, being a concerned parent, my wife bent down and took a good strong whiff. The stood upright suddenly and made the most sour face. She asked my daughter what that was, and my daughter (as you know kids have to show you what they're talking about) reached down behind her into her "pull ups" and rubbed up and down the "valley" between her cheeks. She then brought her finger back up and as only a toddler can say, said: "The neck of my butt!!" and went on to laugh hysterically.

P.S. She also called her achilles tendon the "spine of the foot."

Old 12-22-2008, 03:08 PM

7,001 posts, read 18,185,909 times
I'm beginning to feel like Rodney Dangerfield, getting no respect. My 2 year old daughter is starting to make fun of my accent. She was raiding the fridge and I told her to shut the door, she told me (just like the wife mocks me): "Alo, alo, mira, escucha, shut your pie hole". The other night I was changing her diaper and I told her: "Mamas, you're full of ca-ca" she told me "Daddy, you're full of shyt!". No respect, I tell you.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:30 PM

25,575 posts, read 23,790,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
That's strange, I guess somebody heard you and knocked out the power.

I would imagine a place like that would have an emergency power generator to at least light up the emergency exits, or provide some emergency lighting, doesn't your store have that?

You did it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics