U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 04:22 AM

2,786 posts, read 7,306,112 times
Default Trash day after Christmas

Of course, the first thing I'm saying to myself is I truly need to get a life .... -)

One of my fun things to do post-Christmas is to look at the piles of stuff at the curb for trash day. My favorite so far this year is a big pile with a box for some sort of Curves exercise equipment on one side and a box for an ice cream maker on the other side of the pile.

Across the street from that is a big stack of Potter Barn Kids boxes, one of which is labeled loft bed. Interesting sort of gift.

Next door to that is a box for a fish broiling appliance, and my guess is that family either really likes broiled fish to have a separate piece of kitchen equipment for that or they plan to do the broiling outside so that the house doesn't have that fishy smell.

Next to that house, the trash pile is eight very large black plastic trash bags stuffed full, disguising Christmas from nosy people like me :-)

Anyone else find themselves looking at trash after Christmas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 04:45 AM

17,755 posts, read 20,831,479 times
lol I can't wait till Monday (our trash day) to see what we what folks in the neighborhood added to their homes

The have one neighbor that loves garbage day , she likes to "clean up" after the truck has gone through , we do have a really clean neighborhood.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:28 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,460,436 times
I only look at my trash....piled up....thinking about the horror in the trashman's and recycling guy's eyes as they're pulling up to my house.........which is why I tip them each Christmas!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:10 AM

10,981 posts, read 9,119,892 times
Please break down your trash boxes. Your trash tells thieves what is in your house. For example, a big black and white Gateway computer box tells everyone you have a new computer. Don't advertise what is inside your house.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:57 AM

12,146 posts, read 21,090,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
I only look at my trash....piled up....thinking about the horror in the trashman's and recycling guy's eyes as they're pulling up to my house.........which is why I tip them each Christmas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Please break down your trash boxes. Your trash tells thieves what is in your house. For example, a big black and white Gateway computer box tells everyone you have a new computer. Don't advertise what is inside your house.
Ah the joys of a fireplace. No boxes or wrapping paper at my house anymore . Gone just minutes after opening and heat to boot.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:23 AM

14,937 posts, read 6,799,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post

Great advice! Best bet, using a sharp knife, cut the boxes into smaller pieces then place in dark colored plastic bags.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:42 AM

11,574 posts, read 10,036,219 times
Dang, trash man came very early Fri AM before I had a chance to check out the neighbors trash pile and before I could stuff some of our stuff into their trash containers. Gotta wait till next week to do the deed.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:41 AM

5,384 posts, read 6,663,503 times
LOL My garbage men are going to HATE me!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-27-2008, 11:56 AM

9,635 posts, read 10,407,889 times
years ago I was walking real early after christmas and came across a home where they had thrown out a bunch of presents, still wrapped, i opened one and there was a present inside (clothes) I guess they were from someone they didn't like.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:52 PM

10,981 posts, read 9,119,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
years ago I was walking real early after christmas and came across a home where they had thrown out a bunch of presents, still wrapped, i opened one and there was a present inside (clothes) I guess they were from someone they didn't like.
Did the shirt fit you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics