Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 05:39 PM

50,315 posts, read 63,868,866 times

Advertisements

Here we are again. One twelfth of 2022, down the tubes.
A frigid week ahead, but that just makes it stay fresher longer, right? Here are some random questions that I found when I swept under the coffee table.

Today is: Inspire Your Heart With Art Day

Are you artistic?
In what way?

What kinds of art do you like?

Do you have a favorite artist?

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them?

What was your most loved toy of childhood?

What was your favorite candy?

A paraprosdokian is a sentence or statement with an unexpected ending. It means “against expectations” in Greek, and typically puts the first part of the sentence in a new and humorous context.
Such as:

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. –Groucho Marx

Have a good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2022, 06:11 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,785,593 times
pleasant surprise, good morning

Are you artistic? not really. My brain doesn't work without instructions

Do you have a favorite artist? Phil Collins ~~

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or on a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them?

What was your most loved toy of childhood? bicycle

What was your favorite candy? M&M's

have a great day

Old 01-30-2022, 06:51 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,334,057 times
Was headed for the bedroom when I saw the QTOD come up so,

Are you artistic?
Somewhat.

In what way?
I used to draw a little and I still play the guitar.

Most art is enjoyable to me but I especially like music. I especially enjoy the watching music being produced by an artist who has talent and obviously loves the sound they're making.

Do you have a favorite artist?
I lean toward great country, folk and pop guitar pickers but have no real favorites.

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them?
No points anywhere like that.

What was your most loved toy of childhood?
My car if I can count my teens as my childhood.

Any and all chocolate bars.

Good night all.

Old 01-30-2022, 07:19 PM

11,359 posts, read 9,270,331 times
Are you artistic? - No

What kinds of art do you like? - Music is my favorite.

Do you have a favorite artist? - I like a lot of musical artists. Elvis Costello is one of them considering I've seen him 15 times in concert through the years.

Speaking of artistic I've been listening to a lot of Kate Bush lately. I find some of her videos amazing. Her voice and songwriting skills too.

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them?- I had no idea until very recently about the Discover points / cash back I've accumulated. Cashing out soon and will put it towards something nice. Otherwise I don't bother with them.

What was your most loved toy of childhood? - Can't think of a thing for this.

What was your favorite candy? - Maybe Heath bars but I always preferred ice cream.

Thanks!

Old 01-30-2022, 10:45 PM

37,792 posts, read 40,977,589 times

Are you artistic?
I wish. The best I can do is make photographs more artistic-looking (for fun).
In what way? Like this:

Original

Same Photo (altered in post-processing)

What kinds of art do you like? I don't know if photography and music are considered to be art but those would be my first choice followed by rural scenery paintings.

Do you have a favorite artist? Scott Mutter (B&W surrealism photography) - Used to hang his posters at work. Liked the escalator one with the flood since that was my recurring nightmare and the revolving door in the cemetery the best.

https://www.photographymuseum.com/mutter/Gallery2.html

For music, it's currently Ed Sheeran (pop) and Little Big Town (Country). I also like Gene Pitney from the past. No favorite painter, just favorite paintings like Picasso's "The Tragedy" and Van Gogh's "Wheat Field."

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them? accumulate

What was your most loved toy of childhood? Wooden red brick-like blocks that looked like current day Legos. If I was a kid today, Legos would probably be my favorite toy.

What was your favorite candy? Chuckles (minus the black one - don't like black licorice) and Tootsie Rolls. Also liked the red candy that looked like orange slices candy but was cherry flavored...can't remember the name. When I was older, I liked PayDay and plain Hershey milk chocolate bar. Now, I would like chocolate covered cherries in clear liquid and since it's near Valentine's Day, I might get me some the next time I'm in the store.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:55 PM

21,525 posts, read 8,709,214 times

Are you artistic? Not really.
In what way? I appreciate the artistry of others.

What kinds of art do you like? Modern, abstract, plein air.

Do you have a favorite artist? Wayne Thiebaud.

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them? I accumulate them for a while and then use them.

What was your most loved toy of childhood? My roller skates.

What was your favorite candy? Mountain Bars. They're still made, but hard to find. "Brown and Haley makes 'em daily."

Thanks for the questions and the paraprosdokian, gentlearts!

Old 01-31-2022, 12:07 AM

44,616 posts, read 61,553,895 times

Are you artistic? In certain ways.
In what way? Landscaping, photography, stickman.

What kinds of art do you like? Music, Broadway, Monet, Van Gogh, Picasso.

Do you have a favorite artist? No one in particular except Karen Carpenter for pop music and Pavarotti for opera. **

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them? Grocery use them just before their monthly expiration, credit cards have none, drug stores as they accumulate.

What was your most loved toy of childhood? GI Joe set, bicycle, then car.

What was your favorite candy? Tootsie Roll, Bazooka Bubble Gum, Dots, licorice sticks.

**A paraprosdokian is a sentence or statement with an unexpected ending. It means “against expectations” in Greek, and typically puts the first part of the sentence in a new and humorous context.
Such as:

Have a good one! u-2
Rate this post positively

Old 01-31-2022, 04:54 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,378,875 times
Good Morning

Are you artistic? In some ways
In what way? Sewing, photography

Do you have a favorite artist? I do not.

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them? Let them accumulate.

What was your most loved toy of childhood? Paperdolls

A paraprosdokian is a sentence or statement with an unexpected ending. It means “against expectations” in Greek, and typically puts the first part of the sentence in a new and humorous context.
Such as:

Have a good one! You too!

Old 01-31-2022, 05:09 AM

27,332 posts, read 27,380,847 times
Points att stores, I like to let them build up.
My favorite candy as a child was the Bazooka bubble gum. These days just say chocolate and I’m fine with that!
Happy Monday everyone ~~~

Old 01-31-2022, 05:17 AM

126,251 posts, read 19,019,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Here we are again. One twelfth of 2022, down the tubes.
A frigid week ahead, but that just makes it stay fresher longer, right? Here are some random questions that I found when I swept under the coffee table.

Are you artistic? I enjoy art and craftwork
In what way? I love to paint,draw,design gardens,write poems and play a few instruments

What kinds of art do you like? I love music/playing an instrument,artwork from my kids throughout the years is hanging on the walls,Otto Eduard Pippel,Vincent van Gogh,Group of Seven Canadian painters and many more

Do you have a favorite artist? I really like Otto Eduard Pippel and the Group of Seven Canadian painters

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them? A bit of both

What was your most loved toy of childhood? Lego and my bicycle

What was your favorite candy? I liked Swiss chocolate

Such as:

Have a good one!
Thank you gentlearts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics