Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:41 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:

Who was the last visitor who came to your door ? Granddog and my daughter's family.

Where they invited or did they just pop by--They are always welcome and they drove 6 hours to get here.

Bonus Question:

What do you use to "scent" your home ? Mr. Clean and Lysol
(candles,the little bottles with the wooden sticks,room spray etc)

Extra Credit Question:
(inspired by livewires post)

How many different kinds of shampoo are in your shower ? One. I don't like things to be left in the bathtub. There are several different kinds in my pantry. I ran into a shampoo sale.

Do you use the same kind as your spouse,SO,kids ? No way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 09:42 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Today's Question:
Who was the last visitor who came to your door ?

Old friend and his Wife, Daughter, and Granddaughter.

Where they invited or did they just pop by

Popped by. Daughter and Granddaughter were in town and they knew I hadn't seen them for a while so they made the grueling 3 minute drive and we spent a few hours talking, laughing, and having a great time.

Bonus Question:
What do you use to "scent" your home ?
(candles,the little bottles with the wooden sticks,room spray etc)

Baked beans and sauerkraut... Oh, you mean "scent" as in a GOOD scent. Then in that case Yankee Candles and whatever the DW finds that catches her fancy.

Extra Credit Question:
How many different kinds of shampoo are in your shower ?

Oh, you have hit upon my pet peeve. We have about 7 million bottles of God-only-knows-what all over the shower. Personally I would have a bar of Ivory soap, and a SINGLE bottle of plain-ol' regular shampoo. I really don't need to smell like Passion Fruit infused with Huckleberries and Lotus blossoms when I go out to a job site or the woods.

Do you use the same kind as your spouse,SO,kids ?

I use whatever my hand lands on first. As long as the bottle says shampoo somewhere on the label I am good to go. My personal thought is that you can tell the stage of life a straight guy is in, by looking at his shower/tub area:
1) Cheapest bottle of shampoo there is on the shelf and nothing else = single;
2) 7 dozen different shampoos and then all their matching conditioners, body lotions, shower gels, spritzes, splashes, loofahs, & a dozen different skin products = newly married
3) 6 different shampoos and 3 different baby shampoos and conditioners with just a few different bath/shower products = Newer Fatherhood
4) One side has 3 dozen bottles of different shampoos, conditioners, & lotions; the other side has 1 bottle of the cheapest shampoo and a small body wash bottle = Settled in, comfortable in marriage and older kids; but willing to accept a bit of "domestication." (This is me right now)
5) Bottle of toilet bowl cleaner, small bottle of colored lamp oil, and a urinal cake = Widower ready for the nursing home and a new set of glasses.

Extra Bonus fill in the _______Question:
I could really go for a nice Full nights sleep without interruption right about now.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:13 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Today's Question:

Who was the last visitor who came to your door ? Brother in law

Where they invited or did they just pop by .....popped by, and that's ok.

Bonus Question:

What do you use to "scent" your home ?
(candles,the little bottles with the wooden sticks,room spray etc) Food cooking.....especially cauliflower, cabbage, and/or fish. Oh, so good. seriously, just some spray once in awhile. Then candles, which I really like.

Extra Credit Question:

How many different kinds of shampoo are in your shower ? about 5 or 6

Do you use the same kind as your spouse,SO,kids ? ...No... Hubby has his and I hae mine then some extras for our sons and their families when they visit.

Extra Bonus fill in the _______Question:

I could really go for a nice _________ right about now. Plate of BBQ ribs

Today in History:
1952 - A regular feature of Sunday funny papers debuted. Peanuts was seen above the fold in newspapers across the U.S. The Charles Schulz creation became the most successful syndicated comic strip in history. [b] This one I dearly loved.[/B

Today is:

National Bean Day wasn't yesterday The Bean Day?????

Hello karla...would love to get to Jacksonville. If and when we do this spring to visit son, will let you know ahead of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics