Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:53 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,891 times

Advertisements

Good morning Karla!

Today's Question(s)

I don't change the oil but my husband does...every 3,000 miles...like clockwork! I usually go along with him though and we make an afternoon of it...go to lunch, go to the Mall...whatever...

It was probably changed about 2,000 miles ago.

No, I've never changed it myself...I do know how to check it though with that little dip-sticky thing!

Extra Credit Question:
Since I was a teen in the '60's I did do the beehive thing a couple of times maybe...but, my favorite was the flip...sort of the Jackie O style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 10:03 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Lady View Post
[u]

Have you ever changed it yourself ? LOL - NO - my husband made our daughter learn how to change the oil and how to change a tire herself as part of her learning how to drive lessons. When she wondered why I didn't know how do to do these things, he told her he didn't raise me.

I like that answer!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:33 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,326 times
Good Morning/Afternoon or what ever it is where you are at. I'm ready to go back to sleep;

Today's Question(s)

Do you get the oil changed in your car regularly?
yes

When was the last time your oil was changed ? 12/08

Have you ever changed it yourself ? Not in this car, it's under warrenty and leased. But I used to change my oil in several of the cars I've owned. LOL I was so proud of myself that dad taught me much about cars and taking care of them myself...AND I DID IT

Bonus Question:

Are you a "worrier" or a "come what may" type of person
major worrier and a slight bit of come what may. depends on the situation.

Extra Credit Question:
I asked this maybe a year ago and it was probably one of the funniest ? threads ever
I was reminded of it when Mike posted his picture so since we have so many new folks we just need to ask it again

Lets find about your hairstyles through out "history" did you try the
Dorthy Hamill

or
Farrah Fawcettt

60's beehive

that girl flip

80's the bigger the better
you get the picture

What hair trend styles or "oops" did you follow ? My mom kept me in the Pixie ooops until about age 8. Hated it

Extra Credit Challenge:

Extra credit will be given for pictures of your above "oh my what was I thinking"

Moms still holding onto all the pix.

Disclaimer:
Remember we will not be laughing at you but with you !!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 12:33 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,252 times
Default Today's Question(s)

Do you get the oil changed in your car regularly?......Yes I do

When was the last time your oil was changed ? ....1500 miles ago

Have you ever changed it yourself ? ....I do it myself

Bonus Question:

Are you a "worrier" or a "come what may" type of person .... Come what may

Old 01-12-2009, 12:34 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,547,619 times
Today's Question(s)

Sure do.

When was the last time your oil was changed ?

Two weeks ago.

Have you ever changed it yourself ?

I would say I change the oil myself 90% of the time, only time I won't do it is if we have a long trip coming up and its about due for a change and I don't have the time.

Bonus Question:

What? Oh my! Is anyone watching? What was that? Please don't tell me! NO NO NO Is it that time again?

That ain't me, bring it on I always say, if there isn't anything I can do about it, then worrying about it isn't going to help.

Extra Credit Question:
I asked this maybe a year ago and it was probably one of the funniest ?

This should be good.

threads ever
I was reminded of it when Mike posted his picture so since we have so many new folks we just need to ask it again

Dorthy Hamill
or
Farrah Fawcettt
60's beehive
that girl flip
you get the picture

What hair trend styles or "oops" did you follow ?

Pretty sure none of the above apply. Early years, I was just too busy to get a hair cut, had better things to do, besides it looked cool your hair flipping out the bottom of your football helmet.

Extra Credit Challenge:

Extra credit will be given for pictures of your above "oh my what was I thinking"

Fifties look of course.

Actually kind of short here, must of been after one of those yearly haircuts.

Now its put a hat on and let's get going, time is a wastin here, gettin older by the minute.

Disclaimer:

You really expect me to believe that?

Old 01-12-2009, 01:24 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,189 times
Do you get the oil changed in your car regularly? Yes

When was the last time your oil was changed ? Last month 'cause my truck tells me I need to!

Have you ever changed it yourself ? Helped out!

Are you a "worrier" or a "come what may" type of person ? Depends on what the situation is.

As for the hairstyles, I think I had the toned down version of the 80's look. I do remember having a cut like the lead singer of the Human League!

Old 01-12-2009, 02:00 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,348,632 times
I try to get it done before it hits 5,000 miles since the last one.
I don't know, actually, I need to check. We just bought out the lease, so it is possible they did it when they detailed it and inspected it for the warranty (I doubt it but wouldn't that be nice)
No!

Bonus Question:

More of a come what may kind of person.
But my DH definitely comes from a family of worriers. So he does enough of that for the both of us!

Extra Credit Question:

I asked this maybe a year ago and it was probably one of the funniest ? threads ever

Dorthy Hamill
or
Farrah Fawcettt
60's beehive
that girl flip
you get the picture

What hair trend styles or "oops" did you follow ?
Not really any. For years, I had long, straight hair so there was really nothing that could be done w/that type of hair.

Now it's shoulder length, with no bangs, so again, not many trendy things to do w/it.

Probably a good thing.

Oh, but my dad did have an "afro" once. And he's not even black. I think this must have been in the 70's. About the funniest family pictures we have!!!!

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times
Today's Question(s)

Usually every 3500-4000 miles or so.

Thanksgiving week.

Oh noooooooooo..............

Bonus Question:

I have a tendency of wanting to worry about everything. If it wasn't for prayer, I would be a complete looney toon.

-------------------------------------------
I always wanted Farrah hair....but never quite succeeded. Here's me at 21 years of age anyway.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:02 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,167 times
Do you get the oil changed in your car regularly?As long as I am looking at the windshield when I should be.....

When was the last time your oil was changed ? About a month ago

Have you ever changed it yourself ? LOL.... you want me to get where I am supposed to be going right? That would be NO

Bonus Question:

Are you a "worrier" or a "come what may" type of person come what may.... my motto is Let go let God.... can't change what I can't control right?

Extra Credit Question:

Dorthy Hamill
or
Farrah Fawcettt
60's beehive
that girl flip
you get the picture

What hair trend styles or "oops" did you follow ? I have naturally curly hair and LOTS of it... so unfortunatly for me.... the 80s bigger the better seems to follow me around on bad hair days...even now (and I am only 31).... can't help it..... Lol....

Extra Credit Challenge:

Extra credit will be given for pictures of your above "oh my what was I thinking" Nope.... usually have the hair back because of the poof factor.... sorry....

Disclaimer:

Old 01-12-2009, 04:42 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,547,619 times
Finally some one else posted a pic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics