Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 12:51 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times

Advertisements

People who walk slow down the halls at work when you are in a hurry to get to another part of the building....or the bathroom.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 03:07 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
How time flies! I just cannot believe it is 2009 and tax time AGAIN!

Sorry west coasters, it was after midnight here when I posted this and that makes it officially the 14th. Sleepless nights usually are followed by sleeping in once I do manage to doze off.

My pet peeve of the day is that the guy who was just put in charge of the IRS, did not pay his self employment taxes for three years....and for him all is forgiven, and he takes his job. Convenient for him to have the dough on hand to pay for his mistake. There are plenty of self employed folks at the low end of the totem pole who owe self employment taxes but can't pay. No slap on the wrist for them...just threats, accruing penalties and interest, liens filed against them & degradation. With all the bail outs the government is giving away willy-nilly, why can't the little people catch a damn break? Bail Outs for Everyone!! For Every Person a Clean Slate!

ok...rant over, thanks alice...you're a peach!

Old 01-14-2009, 03:15 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,551,196 times
Pet peeve: dogs that are not put on leashes and allowed to poop on neighbor's lawns -- oh, and the kid "forgets" to clean up offending poop. Sorry, you did say "pet peeve", did you not?

Old 01-14-2009, 03:45 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
My pet peeve of the day is that the guy who was just put in charge of the IRS, did not pay his self employment taxes for three years....and for him all is forgiven, and he takes his job. Convenient for him to have the dough on hand to pay for his mistake. There are plenty of self employed folks at the low end of the totem pole who owe self employment taxes but can't pay. No slap on the wrist for them...just threats, accruing penalties and interest, liens filed against them & degradation. With all the bail outs the government is giving away willy-nilly, why can't the little people catch a damn break? Bail Outs for Everyone!! For Every Person a Clean Slate!

ok...rant over, thanks alice...you're a peach!
Wow for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's sickening.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:50 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Madoff is my pet peeve for today! Instead of leaving him to suffer under house arrest in his 7 million dollar penthouse apartment ... throw his backside in jail where it belongs! Don't think he can get rid of his assests from there!

If it was you or I who had done what he has done, we'd be sitting wearing orange from day one.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:10 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,647,632 times
Nerd rant alert: People who, when playing sports video games online (specifically on Xbox Live but it probably happens on other systems), always pick one of the best rated teams to play as. It is beyond irritating because then you end up playing against the same opposing teams all the time and the only reason they do it is because they want to bump up their own scores with the minimum amount of effort possible. What annoys me even more about it is that I get hacked off with these people (in my head, I'm not one for antagonizing) and, as a result, I tend to make harsh generalizations about them all when some people might only be playing as that particular team because they support them irl and, as a result, I may be being grossly unfair. Aaaaaaargh!!!

[/rant]

Old 01-14-2009, 06:39 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Pet Peeve for me today was: If it’s your turn – it’s your turn!

I needed a copy of a record that required me to go to the city records office. When arriving I noticed the line of about 30 people. No problem I’ll get in line and as time passed I’ll soon be at one of only three windows open to customers. Thirty minutes later I was called to the next available window. I provided the paper work needed, made voice contact with the employee and then it happened. Another employee was having trouble or an issue so my window employee was distracted for a while. Then yet another problem was brought back to her and she again was working on something else. I remained at the window ~ waiting for my turn to do my business.

Everyone please take your turn behind me.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:54 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
After reading Alice's pet peeve, I began thinking of the man being nominated as the Sec. of the Treasury Dept., Timothy Geithner. 'Oh, everyone makes mistakes', quote, unquote, Pres.Elect Obama. so, does this mean, that I can forget to pay my taxes for last year? Should I use the excuse that we had illness in our family and just just didn't have the time, etc.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:30 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Red face only for NWV

If you need to drop my name go ahead ~ You are excused this time.

We're at the wrong end of the food chain,,,,,,,, don't think it'll work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics