Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:05 AM

27,239 posts, read 27,301,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Another thing that I wish would become extinct in the entire world, and not just in the United States, it's an element that lives in human nature, and it's what brought our nation to its current economic crisis - GREED. If you think about it, greed will often end up causing every problem we see in the world today.

Very well said. I hear that good ol' Obama messed up big time on his swearing-in yesterday....wonder what thats going to lead to???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 09:14 AM

54,476 posts, read 33,765,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Very well said. I hear that good ol' Obama messed up big time on his swearing-in yesterday....wonder what thats going to lead to???
Swearing-in... I did that one time, I was sworn in and I didn't know what that meant, so I started swearing...

Old 01-21-2009, 06:36 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,667,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Another thing that I wish would become extinct in the entire world, and not just in the United States, it's an element that lives in human nature, and it's what brought our nation to its current economic crisis - GREED. If you think about it, greed will often end up causing every problem we see in the world today.
Now it has its buddy, *Instant Gratification* to compound and magnify it to beyond-epic proportions.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:57 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,422,192 times
Polar Bears
Snail-mail
Film developing
I wish besides greed, that hate and intolerance in the name of christianity would become extinct

Old 01-21-2009, 07:19 PM

27,239 posts, read 27,301,344 times
I remember the days of Fotomat. Drop off your film before 10am, it'll be ready tomorrow at 10am. I used to have some fun with some pictures when I worked there, and if I wanted to be as mischievious, oh, the many divorces I could have caused......

Old 01-21-2009, 08:03 PM

20,549 posts, read 30,282,287 times
Quote:

Just an FYI. It was John Roberts who messd up not Obama.

Chief justice and Obama seal the deal - Inauguration- msnbc.com

Old 01-21-2009, 08:38 PM

54,476 posts, read 33,765,789 times
Quote:
I remember the days of Fotomat. Drop off your film before 10am, it'll be ready tomorrow at 10am. I used to have some fun with some pictures when I worked there, and if I wanted to be as mischievious, oh, the many divorces I could have caused......
I remember Fotomat, I used to always drop off my film there, until those one-hour-photo places started showing up.... Funny, I don't remember any of the people there getting mischievous though.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:39 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,667,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
24 Things About To Become Extinct In The USA
3. News Magazines and TV News While the TV evening newscasts haven't gone anywhere over the last several decades, their audiences have. In 1984, in a story about the diminishing returns of the evening news, the New York Times reported that all three network evening-news programs combined had only 40.9 million viewers. Fast forward to 2008, and what they have today is half that. !
And this one is certainly no wonder because another thing is already extinct:

TRUE NEWS Journalism.

You need the Internet to really get the story -- and unbiased truth on anything.

I attempted to bear with our local 11pm news tonight (extremely rare -- only to see Obama's highlights) and it led off with his First Day's goings-on (albeit briefer than I expected, couple minutes tops.)

Next, a short clip with Clinton Swearing-In
Next, very brief Kennedy update(Caroline, then Ted)
Next, the goofball who didn't pay his taxes
And next (this was NOT surprising in the least, still within the first 4 minutes of newscast):
FASHION (Mrs Obama related)

They had a bigger fuss over this fashion nonsense (with the stupid graphics backdrop)than the Clinton-Tax-evading guy combined!

Rant over, but true news journalism went the way of the Do-Do some time ago.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,324 times
Please check your facts before publishing things.

On March 10, 2009, the number of licensed Amateur Radio operators in the US reached it's highest number ever of 688,666. See Amateur Radio Station Statistics for the facts. That's an increase of 11,000 over the past five years!

Amateur Radio isn't dying , it's expanding and thriving!

Old 04-18-2010, 07:29 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,488 posts, read 7,155,344 times
Just kinda makes you wonder how far down the list is the human race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics