Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 01:40 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I watch it because sometimes theres nothing better on.
Well that's why you need to play the fly swatting game when nothings on tv .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 01:40 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
That would be an awesome get together as i believe we also have a few more on city data who can play an instrument .

Can I crash the party? I have been known to play a mean tambourine. I also add a lot of flare to any musical genre with my spicy maracas and castanets. Oh, and in a pinch, nobody does a cow bell like me.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:16 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Today's Question(s) hosted by

The SPECIAL TALENT FAIRY

For the 1st ? the Special Talent Fairy has sprinkled their "Magic Fairy Dust" on you and you now possess great musical talent
Which famous Musical Group of all time will you be joining on stage
In answer to both questions, just put the power of the fiddle in my hands and set me on stage -alone- with Charlie Daniels..

Which Super Hero Power will you chose ?
I want to soar like an eagle

(yup even Fairy's are having cut backs these days) to give you 24 hours with anyone on heaven or earth
Who will you chose to spend the time with
Someone here on cd with whom I have established a very close friendship with..

Old 01-23-2009, 02:20 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
That would be an awesome get together as i beleive we also have a few more on city data who can play an instrument .

Yeap George Lynch is a great lead guitarist. He's up there with Randy Rhoads and Jake E Lee of Ozzy as my fav leads and Steve Harris on Bass from Iron Maiden and Neil Peart of Rush for the Drums .
You can't forget another important guest, Eddie... not Van Halen, but Iron Maiden's official mascot... don't worry, he's not as scary as he looks, he is a nice guy.. and I think he likes to play that fly swatter game too!

I also think he was having a bad hair day when that picture was taken!

Old 01-23-2009, 02:22 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
This is a fun one.

The SPECIAL TALENT FAIRY

For the 1st ? the Special Talent Fairy has sprinkled their "Magic Fairy Dust" on you and you now possess great musical talent

Which famous Musical Group of all time will you be joining on stage ?

Easy, U2 so I can dance with Bono. Ok, why waste a musical talent dancing with someone so I'll choose Sade. It would be awesome to sing with her.

For the 2nd ? the above mentioned Fairy has sprinkled the "Magic Fairy Dust" on you and you have 24 hours the choice of any Super Hero Power

I'd end any and all forms of abuse, spousal, child, animal, elder...

For the 3rd ? the STF Fairy has used the last of the "Magic Fairy Dust"
(yup even Fairy's are having cut backs these days) to give you 24 hours with anyone on heaven or earth

Who will you chose to spend the time with ?

This is a tough one. Well, since I'll already see my loved ones and Jesus in heaven, I'll choose--yikes, this is rather personal someone I fell in love with at 18 whose marriage proposal I turned down b'c, at the time, I felt he could do so much better than me.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:30 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by pont neuf View Post
1. Beattles - they may be able to tell me if penny lane is a street or a person.

2. The ability to see through clothes.

3. Rachel maddow
lol

Old 01-23-2009, 02:32 PM

[quote=kpinvt;7134043]Today's Question(s) hosted by

The SPECIAL TALENT FAIRY

Which famous Musical Group of all time will you be joining on stage ? Not a group, but Billie Holliday. It's hard for me to choose just one!

For the 2nd ? the above mentioned Fairy has sprinkled the "Magic Fairy Dust" on you and you have 24 hours the choice of any Super Hero Power

Which Super Hero Power will you chose ? I want to travel through time.

Again, hard to choose. I think I'll say my dad. He passed almost three years ago. I know that if I see him I'll also see my ten year old neice and my dad's dog.[/quote]

Yes! That would be my 2nd choice. I'm having fun reading all these.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:35 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
Yay that means the weekend is just about here !!

I will also be able to remove the sheets from the plants in the garden and screenroom because the "tundra" has left the building
It was a nice warm 38 this morning and we are headed back to the high 60's low 70's over the next week.

So today we have a very special guest joining us on the thread

The Grand Poobah the Head honcho the Top of the Top
of all of the Fairy's

The one who every other fairy we have met so far is descended from

So without further delay I introduce you to

The SPECIAL TALENT FAIRY

Which famous Musical Group of all time will you be joining on stage ?
Mrs Dude and I have a gospel album (yes actual 33 1/3 RPM vinyl) I've sat in with country bands and was once introduced as the rockin, rollin, racing, reverand when I sat in with a 60's rock band. I would really like to do something with a big band. Put me in the Glen Miller line.

Either the nerve to wear my underwear on the outside or fly like Superman

My grandfather, on my mother's side. He died before I was born. I want to know if my mom was as bad as I was.

Today in History:
1793 Humane Society of Philadelphia (1st aid society) organized
1879 National Archery Association forms (Crawfordsville Ind)
1975 "Barney Miller" premieres on ABC TV
1986 1st induction of Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame (Chuck Berry, James Brown, Ray Charles, Domino, Everly Bros, B Holly, J L Lewis and Elvis Presley)

Word of the Day:

propound \pruh-POWND\, transitive verb:
To offer for consideration; to put forward; to propose.

Today is:
National Pie Day
National Spouse's Day
National Handwriting Day
Snowplow Mailbox Hockey Day
National Measure Your Feet Day
I just realized I didn't answer today's question yet. In fact I didn't answer yesterday's either.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:33 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Can I crash the party? I have been known to play a mean tambourine. I also add a lot of flare to any musical genre with my spicy maracas and castanets. Oh, and in a pinch, nobody does a cow bell like me.
Absolutely your invited to the city data rock party Piperspal and the tambourine is fine with me. Infact i always think of this song when i hear it ....

YouTube - Green Tambourine - Lemon Pipers

Old 01-23-2009, 04:39 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,564 times
Quote:
Absolutely your invited to the city data rock party Piperspal and the tambourine is fine with me. Infact i always think of this song when i hear it ....

YouTube - Green Tambourine - Lemon Pipers

Holy Cow! I just checked that out - that must have been the first "rock video"!!

My nephew is a big Hendrix fan (he's not yet 20 yrs old) & says sometimes someone in his crowd will hear a Hendrix song & think it's something brand new. Then is surprised to find out how long ago the song came out! I bet if they played Green Tambourine on a "top rock" station now, the kids would be out getting the CD from this hot "new" group!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics