Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 06:27 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,016,524 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday
Wow !! today we say goodbye to January
Pretty soon we will be doing the Valentine Countdown

It is a chilly morning here in NEFL I have watched the temp go from 41 to 38 (w/c 34)since I got up they say it should hit 36 before heading back the other way to 61
Hmmm wouldn't it just be easier on "Ma nature" to just stay at the 41 and go up

Well I have to head out for errands so before I grab my sweatshirt and Alaska jacket so I will be nice and toasty, it is time for

Today's Question:

Who will be watching the Superbowl tomorrow ?

Will anyone be hosting or going to a SB party ?

Any special SB snacks you will be looking forward to ?

Bonus Question:

What is the fastest you have ever driven ?

What is the fastest speed a vehicle you have been a passenger in has gone?

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair ?

How about someone else's ?

Just for fun :

Brussel Sprouts yay or nay

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ?

Today in History:
1851 - Gail Borden announces invention of evaporated milk
1928 - Scotch tape 1st marketed by 3-M Company
1905 - 1st auto to exceed 100 mph (161 kph), A G MacDonald, Daytona Beach
1940 - The very first monthly retirement check was issued by the U.S. Government -- to Ida May Fuller of Ludlow, Vermont. Ida May’s check, numbered 00-000-001, was in the amount of $22.54.

Word of the Day:

slugabed \SLUHG-uh-bed\, noun:
One who stays in bed until a late hour; a sluggard.

Today is:

Brandy Alexander Day
Eat Brussel Sprouts Day
Inspire Your Heart with Art Day
Backwards Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 06:43 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,016,524 times
I have a few minutes so

Today's Question:

Who will be watching the Superbowl tomorrow ?

Me !!!!

Will anyone be hosting or going to a SB party ?

We are having my very good friend mawipafl and her hubby over to watch the game with us

Any special SB snacks you will be looking forward to ?

Is beer considered a snack

Actually I have a bunch of snacks planned, mozzarella sticks,potato skins,hubby's special hot cheese dip, etc ...

Bonus Question:

Maybe 80 once or twice while on a highway and the speed limit was 75

Well I am famous for my "ahem ahem" should hubby be driving and the speed starts to creep over 80

Many many years ago my friend borrowed his Mom's Jag(she was out of town) and he got it to 120 on 95 in Phila that was a little nerve wracking I hadn't added "ahem ahem" to my vocabulary yet

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair ?

lol my poor hairdresser I often trim my own bangs then she "fixes" them I have also been known to take a snip now and then should there be a few hairs that get in the way

How about someone else's ?

I remember once back in the 70's my brother had long hair and I used a razor blade to give it a trim needless to say I knew then that hairdressing was not one of my talents

Just for fun :

- rofl yeah right like thats going to happen

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ?

purchased to wrap xmas stuff
I should be good for a long time

ok I have delayed going out in the cold as long as I can so off I go lol

Have a terrific day everyone !!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:55 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,864,478 times
Today's Question:

Who will be watching the Superbowl tomorrow ? I will!

Will anyone be hosting or going to a SB party ? No, watching by myself

Any special SB snacks you will be looking forward to ? Nothing special

Bonus Question:

What is the fastest you have ever driven ? 100+ Trying to get home on time so I wouldn't be grounded. A big reason why when I had kids I told them just to call if they were going to be late.

What is the fastest speed a vehicle you have been a passenger in has gone? 100 +

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair ? Yes

How about someone else's ? Yes. My sister's and daughter's

Just for fun :

Brussel Sprouts yay or nay Can I say... not yay! but I'll eat them. I was taught to eat everything on my plate or no dessert.

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ? Several.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:00 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,525,197 times
Today's Question: [/u]
Who will be watching the Superbowl tomorrow ? I will, DH hs no choice, so he will also!!
Will anyone be hosting or going to a SB party ? No, just us and the pup.
Any special SB snacks you will be looking forward to ? Pizza!!!
U]Bonus Question: [/u]
What is the fastest you have ever driven ? Shhhhhh, don't tell any law enforcement....125 mph.
What is the fastest speed a vehicle you have been a passenger in has gone? About 90mph.
Extra Credit Question: [/u]
Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair ? Yes, you should have, on second thought....
How about someone else's ? Our sons hair when they were little . No comment on that either.
Just for fun : Brussel Sprouts yay or nay
How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ? Many, many, many....love the stuff and always have uses for it.

Today in History:
1851 - Gail Borden announces invention of evaporated milk
1928 - Scotch tape 1st marketed by 3-M Company
1905 - 1st auto to exceed 100 mph (161 kph), A G MacDonald, Daytona Beach.... When I raced Stock Cars, I had the ambition to be the first woman to race in the Sebring races in Florida. Never happened.
1940 - The very first monthly retirement check was issued by the U.S. Government -- to Ida May Fuller of Ludlow, Vermont. Ida May’s check, numbered 00-000-001, was in the amount of $22.54. Hey, I'd even take that about now.
Word of the Day: [/b][/u]
One who stays in bed until a late hour; a sluggard. That's me, that's me....oh yes. Bed here I come right now...I am a sluggard today, yes I am.
Today is: [/b][/u]
Brandy Alexander Day...Oh karla, thank you, thank you, my very bestest, favorite, of all time beverage, drink, Oh yes, may I have one now please?????
Eat Brussel Sprouts Day...ok, later tho'
Inspire Your Heart with Art Day...ok, check out my old paintings on Gamers Creative corner from long ago, no time to do any today.
Backwards Day...I have this down good, already, I am backwards I think.

Thank you karla for a super bowl kind of ? o' the day!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:03 AM

47,855 posts, read 21,876,869 times
This is not a super bowl household....it may get turned on at some point...but probably not for long....the Obama inauguration was our super bowl! The Acadamy Awards are also a big TV night in our house......I might make a hot crab dip for that.

I am not a fast driver....never have been....but when I was a teen ager...I might have pushed my old jalopy to its maximum speed of about 90 mph and hoped it didnt rattle itself to death and fall apart.

If you mean a car....probably not over my record of 90mph.....on a shinkasen bullet train....about 160 mph.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair ? Yes and not to the benefit of my appearance.

How about someone else's ? I used to cut my sons hair when they were small.

Just for fun :

Love them!

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ? about three....one that I know where it is.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:04 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,292,001 times
Default Today's Question:

Who will be watching the Superbowl tomorrow ? I will

Will anyone be hosting or going to a SB party ? I would but I'm working until 6:00pm so I'll watch at work until I get off.

Any special SB snacks you will be looking forward to ? I'm thinking salsa and chips.

Bonus Question:

What is the fastest you have ever driven ? 150 to 160 a few times om my motorcycle

A long time ago a dealer gave me a ride in a Turbo Carrera, I'm not sure how fast we were going but it was fast, he was passing cars on the freeway so fast they seemed to be stopped.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair ? Yes i have

How about someone else's ? My son's

Just for fun :

Brussel Sprouts yay or nay ....... nay

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ? When I don't need any 4 or 5 but when i need some...none.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:12 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,919,106 times
Today's Question:

Who will be watching the Superbowl tomorrow ? I will (see K with a K's post).

Will anyone be hosting or going to a SB party ? Going to a party (see K with a K's post).

Any special SB snacks you will be looking forward to ? Hot cheese dip (see K with a K's post).

Bonus Question:

What is the fastest you have ever driven ? 90 -- lesson learned that incorrect tire size can wreak havoc on the speedometer.

What is the fastest speed a vehicle you have been a passenger in has gone? Not sure, and I probably don't want to know. Like K with a K, I also have "ahem ahem" in my vocabulary.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair ? Yes, all the time.

How about someone else's ? My husband's once (and, um, never asked to do so again.) My sister's when I was little (and yup my mother wasn't too happy). My daughter's when she was young, and for some strange reason she doesn't let me near her with scissors now that she's older and cares about style.

Just for fun :

Brussel Sprouts yay or nay Nay

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ? Two, plus, of course, rolls of masking tape in different widths, multiple rolls of packing tape, painters tape (you know, the blue stuff), and of course my McGyver duct tape.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,773,946 times
Morning all-

Yes we will be watching the SB-it's the one time I watch, Mr. L watches every game there is.

It will be just us-we were asked to join a group at the local Cheers but I prefer the comforts of home.

No snacks planned.

Fastest-I guess I've hit 85 - 90 back in the day and commuting on the Garden State Pkwy in NJ that's average.

Other fastest-Mr. L had a Shelby and we hit 120 once-only once, my knuckles are still white and that was 40 yrs. ago.

Brandy Alexander's used to be my favorite.

Love brussel sprouts.

Scotch tape- 2 rolls in desk drawer.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:08 AM

18,143 posts, read 25,680,563 times
Great questions this morning?
Who will be watching the Super Bowl tomorrow? Me!
Will anyone be hosting or going to a superbowl party? Me again!
Any special snacks you are looking forward to? Buffalo wings, cashews, almonds!

What is the fastest you ever driven? In 1973 when I bought my fourth car (first brand new) I was all alone on the interstate. I already had 10,000 miles on the car and decided to really open it up/ I romped on the pedal and counted to ten. I was hauling u know what at 130 m.p.h. The fastest i drove with passengers was 70, thankfully.

Have you ever cut or trimmed your own hair? No. Someone elses? No.

Brussel Sprouts-yay or nay? Yay.

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your house? Total of 3.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:12 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,629,454 times
[

Today's Question:

Who will be watching the Superbowl tomorrow ? nope

Will anyone be hosting or going to a SB party ? nope

Any special SB snacks you will be looking forward to ? LOL.....nope

Bonus Question:

What is the fastest you have ever driven ? I would have to say around 90. didn't realize it at first then I when I did, I slowed down. Sometimes you are just going along and dont' realize how fast.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair ? yes and that is a big big mistake.

How about someone else's ?I remember trimming my 7 years olds bangs. One side was shorter to I would fix it. then I look and it was still uneven. Next thing we knew, she had no bangs. Well they were up to her hair line. She wasn't to happy. I wanted to cut the rest of it to match but she threw a fit. Wonder why

Just for fun :

Brussel Sprouts yay or nay yay.

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ? we have about 8 half full rolls. found them at christmas time and wondered why I had all these used rolls.?

Word of the Day:
One who stays in bed until a late hour; a sluggard. Oh so that really is a word. Hum. Well I certainly was a slugabed this morning. but then again I know people that don't get up before noon.

Today is:
Brandy Alexander Day
Eat Brussel Sprouts Day
Inspire Your Heart with Art Day
Backwards Day[/quote]
the day looks like my kind of day. Brandy alexanders, brussels sprouts for dinner. I'm backwards at times and I would love to inspire a heart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics