Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 02:29 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,821,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker
We are getting some well need rain in So CA. Folks that live in burned areas are keeping a "weather eye" on the storm. Looks like it's heading east, so Phoenix and Prescott might share in this too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Good news,,, We can always use some rain if it's not all at once.
We got it this afternoon, a nice gentle rain for thirty minutes or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 03:03 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,483,512 times
Thank Heaven for long church meetings and power outages.

Today following our church service, we had our annual meeting for election of council members, budget discussions, etc., all those things that need the approval of the entire congregation, not just the church council members. Today's meeting was longer than normal due to some important business that needed taken care of immediately.

The neighboring town was without power for several hours as their electrical service was switched over to a new substation.

DW and I decided to go visit the local MickyDs for a sandwich after the church meeting, before we went home to work on getting the house ready for the kids visit later this week. I think most of the neighboring town was also there since they didn't have power to cook their own lunch.

Anyhow, while standing in line I saw someone who looked very familiar. I went up and spoke with her and very quickly realized she was someone I saw quite often growing up but had not spoken with in many, many years. Her mother and my mother were first cousins and we visited back and forth many times while we were kids. We ended up eating lunch together and spent over an hour catching up on what the families were up to. Don't worry, the crowd in the restaurant had thinned down by then.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:22 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,350,775 times
I got seven hours of sleep!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 11:48 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,821,949 times
My classes got cancelled. It's snowing like crazy, and I still have to work, but at least I caught up on some much needed sleep.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:05 PM

4,583 posts, read 4,265,569 times
I found that key! .....it's the little things....

Old 11-23-2010, 02:07 PM

24,377 posts, read 25,888,266 times
I sold my truck a few months ago just after getting it smog tested and new registration. Reported it to the DMV requesting a refund (they have a form for that) on the unused portion on the registration fees, ya like that's gonna happen.

Yesterday a pretty much plain envelope shows up in the mailbox with a refund check for $120.00. Whoo, hoo.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:27 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,821,682 times
  • Mrs Aks, MIL and I went out for a great breakfast this morning.
  • Had to do a little shopping at several stores, and we found everything we needed.
  • Bought another turkey (with a discount) for the freezer at we’ll use later on.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:38 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,880,114 times
I registered for the college class that I wanted for the spring semester!

Old 11-24-2010, 12:27 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,228,611 times
I had some errands to run this morning and everything went very smoothly. There was hardly any line at the post office and, unbeknownst to me, they were closing at 1 p.m. and I was there in plenty of time. My mother's birthday gift should arrive at her house this weekend. On to Home Depot where they didn't have what hubster wanted for his project, but he suggested via cell phone something else and it ended up being much cheaper and it worked out even better than his original plan. Then to Hallmark for FIL's b'day card. Again, no line. Got the card, picked out a box of beautiful Christmas cards for this year, had a coupon from them that gave me 20% off PLUS a free bunch of fancy post its.

Home made apple pie is in the oven....

Life doesn't get much better. Happy T'giving, everyone!

PS - has anyone seen Sun Queen??

Old 11-24-2010, 03:18 PM

24,377 posts, read 25,888,266 times
Had to make a store run this AM for a few goodies that were on sale and make a deposit. Ugh, parking lot and store is crowded, but I was first in line at the check out stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics